Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
The Devil thing being MJF's thing makes more and more sense cause the guy is just protecting himself. The Devil's crew feels non-threatening as a whole, I'm not even sure what they are scared or worried about. A lot of stuff is just off screen and you have to make assumptions. If you saw these people running roughshod through the company and MJF it might mean something but otherwise who care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I don't have a list of people I want to be the devil but I do have a list of people I don't want to be the devil.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

the way the odds are stacked against him, i dont see him winning, youd have to be some kinda superman

It's sad how there is an entire Alliance to End Maxwellamania I don't know if he can survive

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Sticky Nate posted:

I don't have a list of people I want to be the devil but I do have a list of people I don't want to be the devil.

I can't think of anyone who would satisfy the reveal.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

fawning deference posted:

Cody

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's sad how there is an entire Alliance to End Maxwellamania I don't know if he can survive

*looking at live attendance* It's not hot!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

*looking at live attendance* It's not hot!

lol

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Numero6 posted:

The Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan.

Yes

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

Adam Cole ruins everything

It's this!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sticky Nate posted:

I want it to be MJF

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's Shane McMahon and he's gonna start AEW Underground

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1740848054134309308

I'm on my Max Friedman poo poo again.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

UnleashedDad posted:

The Devil thing being MJF's thing makes more and more sense cause the guy is just protecting himself. The Devil's crew feels non-threatening as a whole, I'm not even sure what they are scared or worried about. A lot of stuff is just off screen and you have to make assumptions. If you saw these people running roughshod through the company and MJF it might mean something but otherwise who care.

Aside from my dumb idea of it being Tony Khan no one else really makes sense. Why would they soften up MJF for Joe and not themselves? They've attacked MJF's enemies, friends, and sometimes just people tangentially related to MJF like Hangman. I think we're supposed to forget that this started with them beating up Jay White. but yeah, no one would really make sense. The person who made the most sense after Tony was MJF himself, but that's out now.

I doubt they knew who it was when they started the angle.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff's article posted:

MJF hit his “Kangaroo Kick” move, then immediately got pinned by Jay White, which I enjoyed immensely as somebody who wishes that move was a living person so I could pursue legal action against it.

This made me laugh a lot, MJeff

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This is a really good article, man. Super well-written, really fair in all respects, a great breakdown of every part of the story, including what worked and what didn't. I like that you added the post-script as well. I don't have any real animosity or rage towards the story - and in fact I love a bit of Mystery Masked Man Camp in my wrestling from time-to-time - but I don't think it's a secret that I've held it in significantly less esteem than, well, everything else that's been on the show in the last few months, and I do think the inconsistent nature of it is a major factor. We'll see what happens at Worlds End but I'm in agreement that I'm hoping it's Joe's time to be a top champ again and time for MJF to heal up for a bit, and that the new year will see AEW get back to mixing fun weirdness with real in-ring storytelling and (I don't love this phrase but) "sports-based presentation". It turns out spreadsheets and numbers mixing with cool wrestlers hitting each other with chops makes my brain go brrrr.

Thanks for posting it!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if jack perry is the devil i’m taking a 3 month break from aew

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

Imagine if mox was the devil

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if jack perry is the devil i’m taking a 3 month break from aew

Toxx?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m too lazy to come up with a punishment but yeah just probe me for 90 days so i’m not tempted to post

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shard posted:

Imagine if mox was the devil

I'd be happy if it's Britt leading a new main event level stable of surprising people.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
mox clause

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

List of people I'm ok with being the Devil:
PAC
The Impractical Jokers guys
Cavauro(knowing how much taller than Seamus he is, I really see him in a new light)
The swole cameraman who everyone thought was Claudio for a while
Chris Bauer

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

when you've lost MJeff... you've lost

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Very good

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tony and Danielson after the Devil story comes to an end

https://youtu.be/J6VjPM5CeWs?si=G6iDA51tE1FNs4dC

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

I miss the exciting tag division.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
WTFLMAOGTFO-Tier (top tier)
Tony Khan
Tony Schiavone

S-Tier:
Britt Baker

A-Tier
Bryan Danielson
Hangman

B-Tier
Wardlow
Adam Cole

C-Tier
Roddy Strong

D-Tier
The Kingdom

F-this-show Tier
Jungle Boy

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Schiavone lol. That would be amazing. Full on badass heel Schiavone, would make no sense. I love it

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Tony told me that the devil reveal is going to "Shock" the world, re-doing the full stumble and afterwards will never be heard from again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

Hirez posted:

Tony told me that the devil reveal is going to "Shock" the world, re-doing the full stumble and afterwards will never be heard from again

:pray:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Tony and Danielson after the Devil story comes to an end

https://youtu.be/J6VjPM5CeWs?si=G6iDA51tE1FNs4dC

Love that movie and that scene is evergreen

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Schiavone lol. That would be amazing. Full on badass heel Schiavone, would make no sense. I love it

MJF humiliated him and got physical prior to his face turn. He’s about to get his revenge and, for the ultimate in long term booking payoff, steal Britt from Cole to boot.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Hirez posted:

You know, I would be fine if the Devil ended up being Tom Lawlor in his Shockmaster cosplay and everyone just acknowledged how dumb it was and then moved on.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The devil is Ric Flair

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thanks for the kind words, folks. :toot:

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

You know, I would be fine if the Devil ended up being Tom Lawlor in his Shockmaster cosplay and everyone just acknowledged how dumb it was and then moved on.

Tom doing all of this to get weed money from Joe would be a very appropriate conclusion.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Hirez posted:

You even have Sting there to watch it unfold!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

forkboy84 posted:

The devil is Ric Flair

well yes but we're asking who's involved in the groundbreaking AEW angle

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im excited for whoever the devil is in the hopes that might make the angle stop at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

projecthalaxy posted:

Im excited for whoever the devil is in the hopes that might make the angle stop at some point

I read a report that Tony has privately said they're only in the 3rd inning of the Devil storyline.