Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cumshitter was basically parody Three Olives and joked about being the good one until he did some hosed up poo poo and got perma'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The only Three Olives posts I remember are a couple of his posts from the fat hate thread: 1) a creepshot of some random, slightly overweight guy at a grocery store, with a hyperbolic "look at this HAMPLANET buying FOOD like a LAND WHALE" caption, and 2) an anecdote about how he once slept with a fat guy and regretted it later, so something something fat people are horrible 3O isn't owned

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
if my mains in the past were Bison and Sagat who would i gravitate towards in SF6?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Runa posted:

The closest thing we have to roman garum is southeast asian fish sauce
A sauce so tasty that westerners tried to recreate it, initially with a variety of different ingredients like mushrooms but eventually settling on tomatoes.
New Rome same as the old Rome, except we have potatoes to put it on.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Three Olives posted:

That's the really funny thing, taste, expense, style, etc...

People know, and sometimes it is antique Chinese porcelain. :shrug:

edit:

And I seriously doubt your grandma's knick knacks were fine silver and mid-century modern glass.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the one that always sticks in my head from 3O is the legend of his touchscreen toaster...that last one about the elephant though :whitewater:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve used the one he has and it actually is kinda cool.

It’s not worth the money but it’s pretty cool NGL

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the soap dispenser that connects via bluetooth to alexa to automatically dispense the perfect amount of soap for your hand washing needs. The foam roller with a usb port.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scarodactyl posted:

A sauce so tasty that westerners tried to recreate it, initially with a variety of different ingredients like mushrooms but eventually settling on tomatoes.
New Rome same as the old Rome, except we have potatoes to put it on.

Ketchup kicks rear end to be fair.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I’ve used the one he has and it actually is kinda cool.

It’s not worth the money but it’s pretty cool NGL

yeah the other funny part is that even the stuff he talks about that's pretty reasonable ends up sounding wild just because 3O is the one talking about it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Solefald posted:

loving love black olives

Respect to that pizza place for following the brief.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ketchup kicks rear end to be fair.
It does.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

One of the signs of Roman occupation leaving an area is the disappearance of garum from settlements because nobody else would use that nasty poo poo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The fact that cars have touchscreens now seems, uh, very dangerous

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

no way

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
ketchup blows

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I remember a Simpsons Hit n Run LP here where one commentator asks why Burns is back with a car when the previous mission has you destroy the car. Someone else responds with "He's Three Olives, he's rich and gay" and I thought it was a reference to an episode I haven't watched for the longest time.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

speng31b posted:

the one that always sticks in my head from 3O is the legend of his touchscreen toaster...that last one about the elephant though :whitewater:

I believe 3O also once got VERY mad at the fact that there were children being noisy while playing at this condo's pool

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I made fun of 3o for equating hoarding expensive things as a "collection hobby" and he started accusing me of collecting funko pops and kaws

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I made fun of 3o for equating hoarding expensive things as a "collection hobby" and he started accusing me of collecting funko pops and kaws

Love the goon "if you're criticizing me, you must be whatever the Hated Class is" meme, especially when it led to people declaring that anyone who didn't like the Mt. Everest Death Pool thread in GBS were clearly Everest stans

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I stan the big mountain

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fortaleza posted:

One of the signs of Roman occupation leaving an area is the disappearance of garum from settlements because nobody else would use that nasty poo poo

Now I'm wondering if the very Roman-influenced Cardassians putting yamok sauce on everything is their equivalent of garum.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Saddest Rhino posted:

lol

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Now I'm wondering if the very Roman-influenced Cardassians putting yamok sauce on everything is their equivalent of garum.

This is what I imagined except with the texture of Kewpie mayo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Imagining a roman health bro downing shots of apple cider vinegar except it's fuckin fish sauce with sliced garlic, scallions, and a dash of lemon juice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Runa posted:

Imagining a roman health bro downing shots of apple cider vinegar except it's fuckin fish sauce with sliced garlic, scallions, and a dash of lemon juice

Yum!

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I'm on the other side of the Mediterranean getting fat eating feta and olives

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ketchup is for Children, Pickles & Olives are S tier, and the moon is a hologram. Later.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got some White Castle today. Dying now,

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[severely heavy italian accent, to the point its somehow racist] famiglia

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I always thought garum was basically Worcestershire sauce with more chunky bits in it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I always thought garum was basically Worcestershire sauce with more chunky bits in it.

nah they strained it really good. If you have time to watch a history nerd talk about it for 23 minutes here's a pretty great video on the stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICZww0DtQKk

The biggest difference between it and more modern fish sauces is that it's lower salinity and takes less time to ferment. I've had it a couple times and honestly I think it's just not as good as asian fish sauces.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
yeah and the way it was made just makes it lower quality as well. But diet-wise it was like a staple. Not as vital as cereals or olives tho

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fish sauce is great. Add a little to a bloody mary

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

i do not like ketchup but at the direction of a chinese friend started to make my fried rice with ketchup and it is a gamechanger

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I like any chance to post an episode of Meals of History. Gladiator Feast

They make their own fish sauce in this episode, Ancient Roman "Pizza". The chef ferments it in a parking lot and uses (questionable) homemade wine provided by a friend of a friend

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

pandy fackler posted:

i do not like ketchup but at the direction of a chinese friend started to make my fried rice with ketchup and it is a gamechanger

you should find Indonesian style ketchup and it will change your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Antivehicular posted:

The only Three Olives posts I remember are a couple of his posts from the fat hate thread: 1) a creepshot of some random, slightly overweight guy at a grocery store, with a hyperbolic "look at this HAMPLANET buying FOOD like a LAND WHALE" caption, and 2) an anecdote about how he once slept with a fat guy and regretted it later, so something something fat people are horrible 3O isn't owned

According to my research this means he actually loves fat men and wants to kiss fat men