Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Recently got back into Snap, was gifted a Magneto. Checked my collection, and even though it was my previous account, the only card there was Magneto. Is there something I need to do?

Also, is there any Goon Discord for Snap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Clear any filters on your collection screen maybe? Even if Magneto is the only card you've ever acquired on an account, you should have the starter cards there as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The McFarlane black suit Spidey is one of the best variants in the game

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I got four variants in a row from post-50 season pass Caches; Hipp Stature, Nikola Čižmešija Kraven, Hipp Psylocke, and now the Jonboy Meyers Ronan variant.

Unfortunately the fifth box gave me boosters so any chance of pumping me for lottery numbers is now gone.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Turned out it was some weird crap with re-downloading the game. Everything was fine when I reopened it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
This deck from the official discord got me from 70-80 today pretty easily:

Echo in middle lane is the chefkiss because everyone is windmill slamming Ms Marvel. The only deck I auto-retreat from is Junk.

Jean Grey fucks up so, so many people.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

The man called M posted:

Turned out it was some weird crap with re-downloading the game. Everything was fine when I reopened it.

I was going to suggest closing the app and re-opening it; sometimes stuff just fails to load in the current session for whatever reason

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
This weird Tribunal meta finally let me hit some high numbers in the mirror.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I have no idea how the game got in this state but I suspect some combination of using quake to move Deep Space onto the column that had an unrevealed Uatu. I don't think Super Skrull should have done anything with it but who knows how gnarly the snap server code is.

https://youtu.be/5iTCGpihu_s

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Yeah super skrull with your tribunal deck fucks hard now. It's the best tech in this meta, imo.

That said pls.dont use it or enchantress against me k thx.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Anyone have any good infinite conquest decks before I burn some tickets? Was debating on doing a tech deck with all the ongoing + blob out there but not sure

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I have to share this incredible deck made by streamer Ordinary Harry. I wish I had seen this during Havok’s launch week but it’s good enough that I picked him up (I subbed Bishop until he rotated into my shop).

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Nebula
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Havok
# (2) Armor
# (2) Ravonna Renslayer
# (2) Maximus
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Morph
# (3) Gladiator
# (4) Moon Girl
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSYXZvbm5hUmVuc2xheWVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXhpbXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uaGVhcnQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcnBoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2xhZGlhdG9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF2b2sifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

This deck puts out an obscene amount of power. You can usually Havok on turn 5 and again on turn 6. Dream curve is Moon Girl into skip double She Hulk. Morph is actually pretty good, especially in conquest. I morphed into a 20 power Ebony Blade. Morph on the last or second to last turn can usually hit something expensive and he’s really easy to fit in at 2 or 1 energy.

I didn’t calculate the token cost and I bet it’s pricey but it’s a blast to pilot and worth checking out.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

sailormoon posted:

Anyone have any good infinite conquest decks before I burn some tickets? Was debating on doing a tech deck with all the ongoing + blob out there but not sure

I took the slightly less high-rolly Tribunal deck to Infinite just now

# (1) Nebula
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Ravonna Renslayer
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Magik
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Super-Skrull
# (4) Ms. Marvel
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Iron Man
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) The Living Tribunal
#
eyJOYW1lIjoiU2FmZSBTZXJhIFRyaWJ1bmFsIiwiQ2FyZHMiOlt7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5lYnVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUmF2b25uYVJlbnNsYXllciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3VwZXJTa3J1bGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1zTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTGFkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbnNsYXVnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpdmluZ1RyaWJ1bmFsIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I didn't see any Enchantress. I saw one Rogue, but managed to dodge her by stacking the Ongoings. Sometimes they stole Zabu on turn 5 or whatever. Also Super-Skrull "taking back" Rogue's stolen ability is nice.

canyonero fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 29, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
What a fuckin world we live in where gladiator is in a top tier deck

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

# (1) Selene
# (1) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Ravonna Renslayer
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Venom
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) Galactus
# (6) Destroyer
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VsZW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXJuYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcmVlbkdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmVub20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaHVyaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaW1yb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbGFjdHVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXN0cm95ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJhdm9ubmFSZW5zbGF5ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZvcmdlIn1dfQ==
#

I’m still feeling this one out, but it’s won me two rounds in Infinite Conquest so far; typical play lines are “stack goblins and Galactus the lane” or “Shuri Nimrod and then chomp them” with the occasional Hail Mary surprise Destroyer putting down power and spreading Nimrod instead of the double chomp. Nimrod can’t really put out near the crazy power it used to against Blob/Taskmaster or huge Tribunal stacks so it doesn’t feel nearly as good as it did a few months ago, but Ravonna and Selene do give you some more negative power faster to lock down lanes.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Now that I have Alioth, I'm playing lockdown and it's easy wins in conquest, but I feel like such a poo poo bird.

I haven't done much conquest this season, so I feel like I need to grind out some of this to get the Thor variant and title at least.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I am slowly becoming convinced that Beast the the best card in Marvel Snap, and I do not understand why he doesn't have the (minimum 1) limiter.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Skippy McPants posted:

I am slowly becoming convinced that Beast the the best card in Marvel Snap, and I do not understand why he doesn't have the (minimum 1) limiter.

I figure its because he relies on you playing the cards he affects in the first place.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FireWorksWell posted:

I figure its because he relies on you playing the cards he affects in the first place.

I assume that was the original idea, but the issue is that 1-drops have gotten so efficient—especially Nico and Froge, that he pumps way too much value for his cost. I've won so many games as Loki without ever playing Loki just because Beast does something absurd and generates like 10 power out of nowhere.

I'd much rather see him as a 3/5 with the (minimum 1) text. I said it a couple of pages ago, but I think that allowing any card to push costs to 0 is a bad design and should never be permitted. This also applies to Loki.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 29, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The man called M posted:

Also, is there any Goon Discord for Snap?

https://discord.gg/BHn3xPkP

Goon discord is here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Beast can only get 3 cards down to 0 at least, I imagine that's why they haven't changed it. Compared to something like Quinjet back in the day when it made Thanos decks insane

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I think Beast at 3 cost is fine. If you put a minimum on him I'd think you need to drop him down to 2/3. Honestly I still hate the Quinjet change too. They should have just made it so the stones don't get reduced.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think Beast, as-is, is fine. You have to invest energy to have it pay back. The (Minimum 1) thing shouldn’t be an underlying rule of the game. Seems if we’re comparing, Beast’s discount is nothing compared to Loki’s

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Beast can only get 3 cards down to 0 at least, I imagine that's why they haven't changed it. Compared to something like Quinjet back in the day when it made Thanos decks insane

Three cards at 0 is still a lot, and while I generally agree that older 0-cost enablers were worse, it's still a problem they should address. Even with just Nico and Forge I thnk he's over the line, and it's not like they're going to stop printing powerful 1-drops.

Devo posted:

Yeah I think Beast at 3 cost is fine. If you put a minimum on him I'd think you need to drop him down to 2/3. Honestly I still hate the Quinjet change too. They should have just made it so the stones don't get reduced.

2/3 you'd have to be careful with. 2-cost cards are way, way more powerful and playable than 3-cost. Maybe a 2/2 with the (minimum 1).

The Quinjet change back in the day was 1000% needed. Again, playing cards for free is bad for the health of the game, and nothing you can put in your deck should allow it.

Sandwolf posted:

I think Beast, as-is, is fine. You have to invest energy to have it pay back. The (Minimum 1) thing shouldn’t be an underlying rule of the game. Seems if we’re comparing, Beast’s discount is nothing compared to Loki’s

I've said multiple times now that Loki should also have the (minimum 1) text. In Loki's case, though, I don't think you would need to rework him at all. You could just staple on the limiter and he'd be fine. For Beast adding the text would require changing other stuff or he'd become unplayable.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 29, 2023

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Hey, you know what nerf I'm still mad about: Crystal.

Bring back the shuffle your hand into your deck; draw three. It's not like the new text makes people play her at all.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

She shows up sometimes in that new Ongoing Tribunal archetype!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Crystal definitely sees more play now than before but she also became aggressively boring in response. She’s just a cantrip, before she was a whole thing.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Skippy McPants posted:

She shows up sometimes in that new Ongoing Tribunal archetype!

And she's popular in Inv Woman -> MODOK - > Hela combo decks, along with Magik, to draw nearly your whole deck.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is the 7500 gold deal actually worth it? I just finished collecting it, and am now not sure if it’s a good idea. I have basically all important series 4/5 except werewolf, zabu and tribunal

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

boy I sure am tired of every Apocalypse deck I face having perfect draws for a 18+ power card at the end :)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

Is the 7500 gold deal actually worth it? I just finished collecting it, and am now not sure if it’s a good idea. I have basically all important series 4/5 except werewolf, zabu and tribunal

It's a good deal unless you want to spend that Gold on several Variants (valid!) instead. Spending those credits is enough to get you a couple of keys, plus a ton of splits -- which I personally value pretty highly.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ijyt posted:

boy I sure am tired of every Apocalypse deck I face having perfect draws for a 18+ power card at the end :)

They just got lucky, I promise you. Apocalypse is super frustrating when it doesn't draw perfectly.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

If your goal is progression and acquiring new cards (rather than variants), it is the best deal you're likely to get for raw gold until next Christmas.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 29, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Remember when Beast was a 2/4 with the same ability? No one ever played him. :D

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

Sure, but like like plenty of other enablers, he scales with the cards that support him. He wouldn't be the first, and he won't be the last, to go from useless to OP once more cards get released.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Bad Video Games posted:

Not really apples to apples since Nico didn't exist and Forge wasn't as good. Two energy Beast was played so much when Kitty/Angela/Bishop bounce started to get popular that they nerfed him.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Umbra Dubium posted:

Hey, you know what nerf I'm still mad about : Crystal.

Bring back the shuffle your hand into your deck; draw three. It's not like the new text makes people play her at all.

It was a huge buff and she’s included in way more decks now?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah crystal is basically the chavez replacement now on decks that need their combos

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014
Goose went down on turn 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Picking up the game again for the first time since April. Any huge changes I need to know about?