Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Superman asking Santa to get other people gifts as a kid is such a good character beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ImpAtom posted:

This is from a not particularly great manga called Shojo Null but this particular panel made me laugh.

It's funny because it's true.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Dragon Ball Z (forget which chapter)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It makes sense that Superman believes in Santa because what argument are you going to use against him? Oh it's hard to believe that reindeer can fly? That Santa can travel around the planet at super speed? That he has a house in the North pole?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

The_Other posted:

That was from Alan Moore's Top Ten.

Edit: here's a pic from that issue.

Yup! that's what I'm thinking of.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

It makes sense that Superman believes in Santa because what argument are you going to use against him? Oh it's hard to believe that reindeer can fly? That Santa can travel around the planet at super speed? That he has a house in the North pole?

Plus, he respects and fears him because Santa is magic and could beat him in a fight

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Lobok posted:

When you put it like that it's clear Santa is the next-to-last son of Krypton.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Discendo Vox posted:

When you put it like that it's clear Santa is the next-to-last son of Krypton.

Well, yeah. That’s why he’s named Kring-El.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:eyepop:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Somebody post the Final Crisis edit this weekend.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

davidspackage posted:

Plus, he respects and fears him because Santa is magic and could beat him in a fight

Well duh, Santa is strong enough to deliver coal to Darkseid.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Somebody post the Final Crisis edit this weekend.
I'm your huckleberry

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The_Other posted:

That was from Alan Moore's Top Ten.

Edit: here's a pic from that issue.

Love the random mini-Doom in the upper right panel.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

House of Secrets #53 (1962)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guy gets isekai'd and wants to have a chill world and gets the skill All Locals Love Him Unconditionally, but gets sent to a cruel evil demon murder world.
Gets trained and basically starts using Being Cute to fight.

Right to Left

Zangyaku Sugiru Isekai demo Suzuki wa Kawaii - Chapter 10
aka Even If I Was Reincarnated Into This Cruel World, My Cuteness Will Save Everyone!

Series got cancelled, so it got wrapped up in a dumb way, but it was pretty fun.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well what happened next

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Surf's Up, Pikachu #2 (1999)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

site posted:

Well what happened next

Series ends in the next chapter, the panels are just funnier without the extra 2 above. It was a fun concept that felt like it could have been capitalised on a bit better had it been left to run for more chapters.

Felt like it was trying to be Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 2.0, which is also potentially why it got cancelled - as it's very similar.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #143 (1974)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
That's Medusa in front of Richards, right? The only reason they aren't two people associated with the F4 most suited for surviving a trap door is because Johnny can fly and Susan can make invisible platforms.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
"The door is opening beneath their feet and they are falling into the deep! They don't stand a chance!"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ghost Rider 2099 #6 (1994)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Keen Detective Funnies #2 (1939)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darthemed posted:

God Team Rocket makes so much more since if you just assume Giovani was soused off his rear end 24/7

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Forget it op, it's Pokemon logic. That plan would have worked if he hadn't farmed it out to Team Rocket's B team. I don't know why he even employs them anymore.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Tales to Astonish #14 (1960)

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Darthemed posted:

drunk Giovanni going "okie-dokie" is incredible

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Darthemed posted:

If you steal them from the past they're not antiques, merely contemporary items made in an antique style. It's the passage of time that makes them antique. Better off burying them somewhere and dig them up in the present.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Kwyndig posted:

If you steal them from the past they're not antiques, merely contemporary items made in an antique style. It's the passage of time that makes them antique. Better off burying them somewhere and dig them up in the present.

This reminds of the Twilight Zone episode "Of Late I Think of Cliffordville." In 1963, a rich old gently caress makes a deal with the devil to go back in time to 1910 and buy oil-producing acreage for cheap, only to face the dawning realization that the required extraction technology won't exist until 1937.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

PainterofCrap posted:

This reminds of the Twilight Zone episode "Of Late I Think of Cliffordville." In 1963, a rich old gently caress makes a deal with the devil to go back in time to 1910 and buy oil-producing acreage for cheap, only to face the dawning realization that the required extraction technology won't exist until 1937.

That kind of reminds me of the episode, "The Rip Van Winkle Caper", where a scientist and a bunch of criminals steal a million in gold, then go into cryogenic sleep for 100 years.

Turns out that 100 years in the future, people have discovered how to synthesize gold and it therefore holds no value, also the thieves end up killing each other before they even find that out

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

This happens in an Uncle Scrooge comic where Scrooge goes back in time to acquire some authentic papyrus from ancient Egypt. Donald reminds him of what you said and proposes the same idea, but when they return to the present, they find a pyramid had been built on top of their stash.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Kwyndig posted:

PainterofCrap posted:

It also came up in an Isaac Asimov short story, called "Button, Button". A scientist invented a way to look back in time, and even to make items viewed that way real, and he wants to get some funding to improve his method. The constraints are that A) nobody apart from the nephew he recruits to help can know about the technology until it's perfected, B) it can't look more than 200 years back in time, and C) it can only create a few grams of material. They decide to get the signature of Button Gwinnett from the US Declaration of Independence, since his signature is quite valuable to collectors. It works, they get their signature, and send it off to be authenticated. They get back a note congratulating them on the forgery; the signature is quite correct, but they pulled it off the Declaration of Independence as it was in 1776, on fresh parchment rather than 200yo parchment.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Uhhhh

Excalibur vol 1, number 39

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Congratulations you made a house

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ghost Rider 2099 #7 (1994)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dr. Hormone (1940)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 30, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At least that's somewhat possible with hormones, although growing that fast would require millions of calories and would be absolutely agonizing. I wouldn't pick boy scouts to grow up though, a lot of them are maladjusted and in the scouts in the hope that discipline will sort them out. At least, in my experience with the boy scouts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kennel posted:

Dr. Hormone (1940)

Oh, I thought it was going to be a trans thing from the first part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Oh, I thought it was going to be a trans thing from the first part.

I scrolled down too fast and missed the first part and thought that kid was about to go gently caress his mom.