Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

His putback was so cool:

https://twitter.com/Bullskickass/status/1740571112457843109

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

like watching under 10s basketball

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So if the Pistons lose again they break the all time losing streak record of nba games with 29, but if they then lose again after that they break the all time North American sports loss streak record with 30.

Cmon Toronto and Houston don’t gently caress this up.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Pistons already have the nba record. Using games from 2 different seasons makes zero sense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they lost in a row. What if the pistons cut a couple players it wouldn’t count this year?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

maruhkati posted:

A buyout guy is indeed probably where their backup PG is gonna come from. In addition to adding ballhandling and having an actual backup for your 36 year-old point guard, it would be nice to have someone who can take minutes away from Kyle, who's regressed as a decision maker and, even worse, has been absolutely murdering our spacing this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0wrh6rw1d0

His on/off rating thus far is -6.8, and their turnover percentage is higher when he's on the floor. I mean, he plays defense, at least, but we've got LOTS of guys who can do that. Offensively, the nicest thing you can say about his contribution this year is "at least he's not Shake Milton."

Gotta put in perspective that we're talking about correcting a lone rotational flaw to improve their odds of cashing in on a championship opportunity and not desperately searching for anyone functional.

I noticed last night that Kyle is at Draymond Green levels of fear to shoot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/1740785374044225621

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I watched the Pistons replay on NBATV today, and I am here to tell you that Cade is Good. Except he has little noodle arms, he needs to eat some meat and bulk those up a bit.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Papes posted:

Pistons already have the nba record. Using games from 2 different seasons makes zero sense.

I would argue the in-season record is a record attached to the team while the full loss streak is a record attached to the franchise.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lifespan posted:

I would argue the in-season record is a record attached to the team while the full loss streak is a record attached to the franchise.

It's a different team losing when it's split between two seasons. No one talk about how they're starting the season in the hole because last season ended so badly, as each team starts 0-0 at the beginning of a new season. "Records" like that are the domain of clickbait driven sports writers needing some dumbass thing to talk about.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
For professional sports with trades, I will give you, but I think for college, where there are some schools that go entire years in a row without a win, the rules are little different.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Lifespan posted:

Sure, it can be a franchise record. I would agree to that.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think the best way to settle this is for Detroit to just keep losing and capture the undisputed record.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I think the Pistons will beat the Raptors. The Raps rarely show up prepared to play and usually take until the 2nd quarter to compete, let alone focus. They'll also be on the second game of a back to back and don't have enough firepower to make up a 20 point deficit like Boston did. They will feel the pressure of The Streak and dribble the ball right off their foot. I still think the Pistons, outside of Cade and Duren, are unfit to compete in the NBA but I guess in a sense they are because they will beat a team on Saturday that has 12 NBA wins.

I keep on thinking that if the Raptors get embarrassed it'll force Masai to make a move but the twisted irony is that even worse play will only diminish the value of Siakam and in turn make Masai less likely to move him for sub-optimal SSETS'.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They are already emphatically and objectively the worst NBA team in history. Pretty awesome to witness history

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
the pistons' future is bright.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Cade to spurs pls.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It’s very funny to me that the pistons started the year 2-1 lol

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

shoulda been 3-0, they outplayed the Heat in the opener

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1740882384038629814

drat we got a script leak.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

drat this is a sick graphic. demar derozan huh folks

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Warms my heart to see bam in there at the 12-13 ft area

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Very cool graphic

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Aye Doc posted:

This is cool and I like the Bucks bookends.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

Even in a graphic about shooting distances Jokic is getting fouled.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Aye Doc posted:

Max Strus is definitely the weirdest entry

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I can't tell whether this is funnier for the Lakers or the Pistons. Which is how I know uts a great statistic.

https://twitter.com/secretbase/status/1740835938002186398

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

drat new nba cap

quote:

[Athletic NBA Show] Edwards: "[Pistons] weren't going re-sign Saddiq Bey to the number he wanted. To my knowledge even him and Atlanta didn't reach an agreement—I'd heard they offered him like 4/$75m and he said no to that. It's very clear he thinks he's gonna get more, if what I heard is true."

I feel like Bey has been coasting hard off his rookie year shooting

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 30, 2023

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

Jokic not only scores the most and shoots the most in that 3-10 range, iirc he's like a 4-5% better shooter than ANYONE in that range.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

4% doesn’t sound like much

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

fart simpson posted:

4% doesn’t sound like much

It's quite significant. That 4% can make that shot go from worst shot in the league to an average offense.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

That's a really loving cool image. Love the way they blend all the pictures together. Plus it's fascinating the way certain sections just BELONG to certain players.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

drat new nba cap

I feel like Bey has been coasting hard off his rookie year shooting

Bey is good like Trae is good. He can be wildly ineffecient, but he just comes right back at you. Eventually it equals out. Also like Trae he is a massive liability defensively.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kibner posted:

It's quite significant. That 4% can make that shot go from worst shot in the league to an average offense.

You're biting on a well executed fake post but yeah, the nature of basketball is scoring opportunities are so plentiful that small edges have very measurable impacts. It's like when I used to work for a supplier to the automotive industry and would spend 8 months on a project to shave $0.03 in cost off of a part because we sold like 8 million of them a year.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thank you for the compliment

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Aye Doc posted:

lol Shai at least was shown shooting in his first tranche before defending vs Joel the second time

meanwhile Max Strus...

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Salvor_Hardin posted:

In retrospect, if hair theory was real, Elfrid Payton wouldn't be in the G-league right now after losing the insane waterfall cut that would literally hit him in the retinas while shooting.

You have to be good at shooting to start.

Hair theory is good at shooting —- hair in way of shooting stroke-bad shooting
Cut or braid or headband—- good shooting again

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

nikosoft posted:

I watched the Pistons replay on NBATV today, and I am here to tell you that Cade is Good. Except he has little noodle arms, he needs to eat some meat and bulk those up a bit.

He needs to give up his stupid rear end vegan diet

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Cade has improved as a shooter and his hair clearly doesn’t get in the way of the shot. No disrespect to the man’s appearance whatsoever but his forehead is enormous, it’s like he has a headband on already

And there’s plenty of vegan athletes. It’s fine. As long as a player is following the advice of team doctors and an actual nutritionist they can get what they need. Just eat a lot of PB&J

I know you’re convinced of those two things but I think both are silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

Cade has improved as a shooter and his hair clearly doesn’t get in the way of the shot. No disrespect to the man’s appearance whatsoever but his forehead is enormous, it’s like he has a headband on already

And there’s plenty of vegan athletes. It’s fine. As long as a player is following the advice of team doctors and an actual nutritionist they can get what they need. Just eat a lot of PB&J

I know you’re convinced of those two things but I think both are silly

There is one other vegan nba player and he is a string bean old man named chris paul who was not vegan until a few years ago.

There is no other nba player who looks as weak and sallow as cade. he has no burst at all. He lacks vital copper and iron cofactors, important amino acids, an more. veganism is well known to cause brittle bones. This is established medical fact. he missed an entire year from having stress fractures in his leg.

Being at peak human performance is not easy. You can not get through it with DNA alone. Lebron spends millions of dollars to keep himself at peak performance. Cade is intentionally doing something that makes him worse as an athlete.

Peanuts are legumes. Jelly is full of sugar. super inflammatory and terrible for healing from the sort of massive streses from 82 games of sprinting and jumping

Cade has shot well for a few weeks now. Let me know when he can do that for more than that