Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
So I just did the second part of Crown of the Mundane and Divine and I feel very dumb, I must be missing something. That cutscene at the end clearly is meant to show us that Dr Ratio was directly involved with the incident with Duke Inferno, but no matter how hard I think about it I can't figure exactly how. At first I suspected he might be one of the people in the Heritor group chat but then I double-checked all the names and they're all accounted for.

There's something obvious I must be missing. :saddumb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

delfin posted:

Sorting my relics on Break Effect, the highest I have on any of my +15 gold items is +16.8%. Even if I had that kind of luck on all six items' substats, that's about 90% before figuring in traces and whatnot. Where is the rest coming from?

With her LC and just the bonuses from her Traces, she has 117% Break Effect without wearing anything (it only shows as 97% outside of battle but one of her traces gives everyone including her 20% Break during battle). So you only need to find 63% using 6 relics which is honestly pretty easy to do (I managed to do it without using the Thief set or the BE Planar Set or a BE Rope). Ended up using 2-Hackerspace/2-Wuthering and the Vonwacq planar set (ERR Rope).

Of course, the 180 number is just to maximize her DMG buff potential for the party. It's not required to make her viable or anything.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

lmao

You know, because the event wasn't already busted as hell :v:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Danakir posted:

So I just did the second part of Crown of the Mundane and Divine and I feel very dumb, I must be missing something. That cutscene at the end clearly is meant to show us that Dr Ratio was directly involved with the incident with Duke Inferno, but no matter how hard I think about it I can't figure exactly how. At first I suspected he might be one of the people in the Heritor group chat but then I double-checked all the names and they're all accounted for.

There's something obvious I must be missing. :saddumb:

The way I read it, Dr. Ratio intervened in the teleport business. Inferno was going to port the missing scientists and Asta into outer space to kill them and make sure the chaos would not be contained, but Dr. Ratio made sure everyone was out of danger to begin with so he could teach Asta a lesson on not letting geniuses like Herta get away with, well, being uncaring geniuses. Inferno could have destroyed the entire Space Station and Herta just didn't care. Screwllum figured this out too, but saw that Ratio didn't really mean any harm, rear end in a top hat though he may be.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Detheros posted:

lmao

You know, because the event wasn't already busted as hell :v:

I wouldn't know, because I've still never gotten the drat event.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Karia posted:

I wouldn't know, because I've still never gotten the drat event.

Same.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Traveller posted:

The way I read it, Dr. Ratio intervened in the teleport business. Inferno was going to port the missing scientists and Asta into outer space to kill them and make sure the chaos would not be contained, but Dr. Ratio made sure everyone was out of danger to begin with so he could teach Asta a lesson on not letting geniuses like Herta get away with, well, being uncaring geniuses. Inferno could have destroyed the entire Space Station and Herta just didn't care. Screwllum figured this out too, but saw that Ratio didn't really mean any harm, rear end in a top hat though he may be.
This, plus the additional element that he knew exactly who was behind the disappearances the entire time and indeed could have solved the mystery himself from the very beginning by just saying "I stowed these people in a curio to keep them safe", but he's such a messy bitch who loves drama that he dragged out this entire courtroom drama and forced multiple people to defend themselves as suspects entirely to push his entire skeptic worldview on other people, and during that delay more people could have potentially gotten hurt.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

and that's why Dr Ratio is great.

(plus his current numbers paint him as a top-tier single-target dps)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Excelzior posted:

and that's why Dr Ratio is great.

(plus his current numbers paint him as a top-tier single-target dps)
oh yeah for sure, as a character I love this rear end in a top hat

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Beep, beep, beep! Findie is going to get annoying fast. They're cute though, kinda wish I had one for my house, we lose poo poo all the time.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Destruction Trotters can go gently caress themselves holy poo poo

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

Managed to snag Yukong and Hook today.. really filling out the low tier characters.

Hook has 5 star dps potential if you get enough eidolons and investment for her. She has something like 500% damage multipliers at max, and even at base is pretty good. Plus, the Woof! Walk Time light cone is basically made for her, and you can S5 it for free through the Forgotten Hall shop. You could do worse.

Yukong is a great support. She gives crit and crit damage on her ult which means you don't have to go as hard for her stats. She also has great multipliers on her basic and ult, and she's great for learning skill point management and turn rotation. She is more difficult to use than most, but definitely worth thinking about investment.

JT Jag posted:

oh yeah for sure, as a character I love this rear end in a top hat

He rules, and the theorized team of him, Silver Wolf, and Topaz feels like it's going to be obscenely good. I'm excited.

Also, I assume he was Rich_Knowit in the chat. Someone had to leak the list of researchers, and Pamela doesn't seem the type. It also explains why he left the chat as soon as the situation was resolved.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

i got to 180% BE and didn't even equip her 2-piece set for my Ruan Mei yet.
I gave her def chest, and hp orb. thought she was pretty squishy, but she's pretty tanky now with those two pieces.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Zenostein posted:

There's a glowing yellow square on the floor.

I've stood in it, it does nothing besides ask me to spray likes and doesn't interact other wise.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Anora posted:

I've stood in it, it does nothing besides ask me to spray likes and doesn't interact other wise.

spray inside the yellow square

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bad Video Games posted:

Hook has 5 star dps potential if you get enough eidolons and investment for her. She has something like 500% damage multipliers at max, and even at base is pretty good. Plus, the Woof! Walk Time light cone is basically made for her, and you can S5 it for free through the Forgotten Hall shop. You could do worse.

Yukong is a great support. She gives crit and crit damage on her ult which means you don't have to go as hard for her stats. She also has great multipliers on her basic and ult, and she's great for learning skill point management and turn rotation. She is more difficult to use than most, but definitely worth thinking about investment.

He rules, and the theorized team of him, Silver Wolf, and Topaz feels like it's going to be obscenely good. I'm excited.

Also, I assume he was Rich_Knowit in the chat. Someone had to leak the list of researchers, and Pamela doesn't seem the type. It also explains why he left the chat as soon as the situation was resolved.

Ahh I guess tier lists don't tell the whole story. I'm putting XP into everyone I get just in case.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

New Leaf posted:

Beep, beep, beep! Findie is going to get annoying fast.

I thought the exact same during that quest but it almost never pops up again thankfully

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

Ahh I guess tier lists don't tell the whole story. I'm putting XP into everyone I get just in case.

tier lists tell a pretty good story, especially if you're just starting out. youtubers have tricked out lovely 4*s and built teams around them to finish some hard fights, but you'll have a significantly easier time playing the game with actually good characters.

I would also advise against putting exp into everyone (past 20 for the ticket of course). Get a good balanced squad of four and pump everything you can into them. Then four more.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

New Leaf posted:

Yukong's problem isn't that she's bad it's that there are a lot very, very powerful harmony characters that can do what she does easier or better. She has a preference for a specific damage type on your carry (imaginary) and without her e6 you have to manage her speed or else her buff won't always be up when you want it most. It's a lot of work when tingyun just presses a skill once every couple turns and gives you a mountain of free energy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

dont do this, thats gonnna drastically slow down your progression. you dont have to be a slave to tier lists, but pick a team of 4 people - preferably 1 healer and one buffer/debuffer and then two whatevers - and just focus on them. doesnt matter if tier lists say theyre bad or not.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The amount of XP, materials and credits to level things increases rapidly after level 60 and trace level 6. Sprinkling stuff around will make you very weak for very long.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

dont do this, thats gonnna drastically slow down your progression. you dont have to be a slave to tier lists, but pick a team of 4 people - preferably 1 healer and one buffer/debuffer and then two whatevers - and just focus on them. doesnt matter if tier lists say theyre bad or not.

Yeah, only build up characters if you're interested in playing with them. Building up characters you have just for the sake of doing so is a luxury

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

JT Jag posted:

I liked the Xianzhou better than most, but also I've read like 25 xianxia/cultivation novels over the last few years so I'm an outlier

got any recs

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

oh the new web event is cool it actually tells you your hours played. i dont know if that info is anywhere else

lol natasha

e: sorry to pom-pom for ignoring them.

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 30, 2023

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
https://act.hoyoverse.com/sr/event/...tm_campaign=web

Here's a link for the new web event.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

my team atm is Fu Xuan, Blade, Ruan Mei, Topaz

taking advantage of the teamwide damage buff instead of just one hypercarry.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Leraika posted:

got any recs
Cradle is the classic intro to xianxia most people recommend. After that, I'd recommend the Destiny cycle (Forge of Destiny, Threads of Destiny). Both of them are very popular explorations of the standard cultivation setting and power system that will familiarize people new to the genre to the conventions that other books might subvert, and are notable for having protagonists that aren't awful, unlikeable sociopathic murderers, like 90% of cultivation series have. From there, it kinda depends on what strain of xianxia you favor.

There's a ton of isekai-type series where people end up in a cultivation world, and 99.9% of them suck rear end. Of them, my favorite is Beware of Chicken, a series where an ethnically Chinese dude in rural Canada gets isekaied into the body of a cultivator who just died and, and being genre-savvy about how much cultivation worlds suck, he decides his sole priority is to get the gently caress away from all these lovely sects, abandon any hopes of ascending, and move to the weakest part of the world and become a farmer, with shenanigans following.

There's also more abstract entries into the genre--- Street Cultivation is set on a version of modern-day earth where thanks to capitalism, all the qi in the world is getting captured from the atmosphere before being essentially sold off as a commodity, and some poor bastard with deadbeat parents and a sick sister tries to work his way up. The same author also made the Weirkey Chronicles, a less traditional cultivation series where the power system is based on literally building a cool house in your soul.

There's also the Mage Errant series, which isn't xianxia per se, being more of a magic and fantasy deal, but has most of the same conventions and is pretty well written.

All of these are available on Kindle, and all of them except the Destiny cycle are available for semi-free with a Kindle Unlimited subscription. The Destiny cycle is free to read online in several places, though, and is actually the novelization of an active forum-based interactive quest with reader choice.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 30, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Heh.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Finally spent a lot of time and some of my massive bank of energy to work on traces & relics for my party because Argenti was kicking my rear end in his companion quest.

Turns out traces & relics are a pretty huge deal!

I just beat Phantylia earlier today so I'm... marginally closer to being caught up on story??

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I maybe didn't need to know my playtime. I'm not at all surprised Silver Wolf is my most used. I imagine Luocha is second only because I've had Silver Wolf slightly longer.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

no shockers here

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

my bronya has been around i guess

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I feel cursed and blessed

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Ting gets to play in 3/5 teams I consistently run so this isn't surprising but I do not remember helping pop pom ever.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Wow, I’ve only played like 142 hours and of course Natasha is my most-used character. Wonder who my most-borrowed support is? Probably Fu Xuan?

Now I don’t feel too bad that I am still working through those last Trailblaze missions.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
wow I can't believe I've helped pompom more than everyone else so far

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Honestly I'd say pick a main team of 4 and a couple extras to slot in situationally in the early to mid game. Star Rail cares about enemy elements much more than Genshin, plus a second sustain is sometimes necessary but kind of a waste nine times out of ten. Plus, the way everything gets so much more expensive after 60 goes both ways--everything before 60 is loving cheap.

On a later game note, who the gently caress decided The Deer should be a stage 2 boss in the new Simulated Universe? I picked it because I hate bosses that heal and wanted to keep the stage 3 boss from getting Abundance and wow I forgot how crazy it is.

Gepard got Outrage when Lynx didn't have her ult to heal it and then somehow Topaz went from nearly full hp to dead in one hit. Later Himeko got to ult like 5 times in a row for some reason and it didn't outpace it's heal.

I need to remember to just not pick that one, I think.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Captain France posted:

Honestly I'd say pick a main team of 4 and a couple extras to slot in situationally in the early to mid game. Star Rail cares about enemy elements much more than Genshin, plus a second sustain is sometimes necessary but kind of a waste nine times out of ten. Plus, the way everything gets so much more expensive after 60 goes both ways--everything before 60 is loving cheap.

On a later game note, who the gently caress decided The Deer should be a stage 2 boss in the new Simulated Universe? I picked it because I hate bosses that heal and wanted to keep the stage 3 boss from getting Abundance and wow I forgot how crazy it is.

Gepard got Outrage when Lynx didn't have her ult to heal it and then somehow Topaz went from nearly full hp to dead in one hit. Later Himeko got to ult like 5 times in a row for some reason and it didn't outpace it's heal.

I need to remember to just not pick that one, I think.

The second stage of Swarm / Gears is definitely a blessing check to see how well your build is doing. Even Gepard is pretty juiced up if you're not being careful with Sustain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Deer is the easiest because it's vulnerable to all the elements I'm using.