Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

bird with big dick posted:

Are these the same apes?

If I had posted that ad I would have said "these apes don't monkey around" instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

My wife's friend ordered three Switch games from GameStop for her boys for Christmas and they just opened them up and all three were empty lol.
Does Gamestop actually sell games still?

Obviously not, but I didn't think they even pretended to.

Anathematic
Jan 1, 2011

My wife's friend ordered three Switch games from GameStop for her boys for Christmas and they just opened them up and all three were empty lol.

Haha, the employee subreddit is always fun because people bitch about working there and then apes show up acting like their loving bosses because "they own the company."

I think Ryan Cohen's cheap rear end decided to use stores as dropshipping locations or some poo poo like that and has them boxing and shipping product... but their inventory system sucks balls so the system says games are in-store when the store doesn't actually have them. I think some of the stores just send empty boxes instead of dealing with all that bullshit and just kick the problem to someone else.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Are these the same apes?

Imagine the customer's surprise when three actual apes are released into his house and tear off his dick.

Sue? Services exactly as advertised, it would never stand up in court.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I'm sure you're right, but on the off chance. Is she sure there's not a code for the games rather than physical disks in the boxes? Which would still be bad if she wanted physical disks obviously, but might help.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
r/teddy is in full r/ThePPShow mode now, apparently they appointed PP as a mod and he just banned a bunch of people. They have convinced themselves that there is a countdown being broadcast to them through secret clues and they are pretty sure they are near the end of the countdown but there are disagreements about exactly where they are. Ryan Cohen put his foot in his mouth with a tweet showing that the Target app will autofill a search on 'People' with matches that include 'People Love Dead Jews', which is a book title. Apparently he either realized he was being an idiot or one of his lawyers told him, because he deleted the tweet soon afterward. But! He deleted at 2:22! Are we at 2 on the countdown???!?!? Someone sent a text with the name RC mentioning that they like pear flavored tea! Partridge in a PEAR tree! It's the first day of Christmas! Does that mean we are at 1 on the countdown???!?!?!?!?!?!???!???!!!!?!?!?

Absolute batshit. They will be doing this forever.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

also, PP is functionally illiterate.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Apes are convinced that some lending company named Sixth Street is involved as an extension of Ryan Cohen's involvement with BBBY.

an ape posted:

SIXTH STREET EMAIL!

“We aren’t in a position to provide any update on the estate of bbby outside of what is in the public domain”

Translation:

We are working hard behind the scenes to complete a transaction, the nature of the information is confidential and/or redacted.

Bullish! :dumbbravo:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Is there even an estate remaining? What are they still sorting out? At this point what's left of BBBY, some crooked display stands and a pile of second sorting towels?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
It’s just the Plan administrator doing paperwork as far as I know. Tying up the loose ends ie, recovering small amounts of debt owed to bbby and paying that back to outstanding creditors could take years.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 28, 2023

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
“NO”

Translation:

YES

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

In the absence of any new information at all on BBBY (because there is literally nothing left to happen), the apes are transitioning from merely absorbing and distorting any information they can find to becoming junior investigators and generating the information themselves. People like the plan admin or whoever answers the contact us email address for Sixth Street put themselves in danger of becoming a target of this cult by merely responding to an inquiry, because literally nothing they say can convince the apes they aren't one gatekeeper away from their much deserved wife-changing money. It's been hilarious up to this point, but I fear that eventually some ape is going to show up to one of these people's office, personal residence, or their kid's school wanting answers and it's not going to be funny anymore.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that ambiguity and nuance are words the apes don't understand

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Serious_Cyclone posted:

In the absence of any new information at all on BBBY (because there is literally nothing left to happen), the apes are transitioning from merely absorbing and distorting any information they can find to becoming junior investigators and generating the information themselves. People like the plan admin or whoever answers the contact us email address for Sixth Street put themselves in danger of becoming a target of this cult by merely responding to an inquiry, because literally nothing they say can convince the apes they aren't one gatekeeper away from their much deserved wife-changing money. It's been hilarious up to this point, but I fear that eventually some ape is going to show up to one of these people's office, personal residence, or their kid's school wanting answers and it's not going to be funny anymore.

Murder is the inevitable end-game of cults.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Splorange posted:

Murder is the inevitable end-game of cults.

lol if anarcho-capitalism ends up generating communist praxis.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

they are literally copy/pasting DD from six months ago in r/Teddy in lieu of anything else to talk about

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
well... I just turned up something that absolutely proves that the hedgies will be groveling for dinner table scraps soon

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Pulte is now pushing for organization of apes and pushing for legal action, to combat the ... well ... nobody can say for sure. But a lawyer will definitely get them their lambos! So I guess instead of burning a pile of money on the doorstep of a company mid-bankruptcy, they are going to burn a pile of money for billable hours to file forms to the court because they aren't rich yet.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Pulte is now pushing for organization of apes and pushing for legal action, to combat the ... well ... nobody can say for sure. But a lawyer will definitely get them their lambos! So I guess instead of burning a pile of money on the doorstep of a company mid-bankruptcy, they are going to burn a pile of money for billable hours to file forms to the court because they aren't rich yet getting scammed by the new cult leader who has spent the last few months cooling the marks out.

fixed your post

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pulte is holding a meeting to talk about legal action with a bunch of bird-brained DD writers and no actual lawyers. Should be productive.

I can't figure this guy out. Is he so stupid as to really think there are enough apes to help get him back on the board of Pulte Group? Or is he just a weirdo who likes attention?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I saw PP say "yeah I don't get why hiring a lawyer is going to help", so the collab appears to be over and its every grifter king out for himself

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Is he so stupid as to really think there are enough apes to help get him back on the board of Pulte Group? Or is he just a weirdo who likes attention?

yes

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Pulte is holding a meeting to talk about legal action with a bunch of bird-brained DD writers and no actual lawyers. Should be productive.

I can't figure this guy out. Is he so stupid as to really think there are enough apes to help get him back on the board of Pulte Group? Or is he just a weirdo who likes attention?

I've only been reading this thread, but my hot take is that he's every bit as much of an idiot as everyone else, he just has more money.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Pulte is now pushing for organization of apes and pushing for legal action, to combat the ... well ... nobody can say for sure. But a lawyer will definitely get them their lambos! So I guess instead of burning a pile of money on the doorstep of a company mid-bankruptcy, they are going to burn a pile of money for billable hours to file forms to the court because they aren't rich yet.

So they found a way to burn more money on this madness now that they already lost all their shares and cant buy any more because the company is gone

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Elias_Maluco posted:

So they found a way to burn more money on this madness now that they already lost all their shares and cant buy any more because the company is gone

Yeah it's really incredible, even just tossing more money into the MOASS volcano with some other stock hoping for an eruption would be better spent.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

My read on it is definitely that he hopes he can grift these marks and get a bunch of ape money, and if he can get them to do something for him like put him back on the board, so much the better

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Unless he's secretly broke he doesn't need their money and they don't have that much to give. They spent it all on BBBY and GME stocks. I guess he suckered a few hundred of them to buy $500 tickets to hangout in an airplane hangar but I'm not sure he can just keep doing that (he probably can).

Nov 6, 2002

He's gotta have an ulterior motive.

So the whole story with Pulte is that his grandfather founded one of the largest home building companies in the country, Pulte Group - PHM. Before he died, the grandfather was pissed at the board and CEO of PHM for moving the long time head quarters from Detroit to Atlanta, and for what he perceived as the poor performance of the company's stock compared to it's rivals. The Pulte family owned 10% of PHM and the grandfather started a proxy war with the board. The end result is that the CEO was forced to step down and our beloved Bill Pulte was installed on the board at the ripe old age of 26 years old - where it sounds like he was not very popular. Subsequently, the grandfather died, and apparently the family sold off much of his shares as Pulte ownership of PHM tumbled down to just 2%. When this happened little Bill was booted from the board - he says he "left". Bill then engaged in a fairly public battle with the new CEO accusing him of online harassment - at the behest of the former CEO. Apparently there was some fire to this smoke as PHM investigated the accusation and fired the new CEO.

That brings us where we are today. Bill has been making noise about getting control of his family's company since he was booted. But he realistically stands no chance, even with the help of penniless apes. Is he hoping to just get revenge on PHM management by sicking apes on them for shits and giggles? Is he loving deranged and just loves to be the center of attention of a bunch of hopeless rubes? He doesn't really seem to stand to make any money from his engagement with the ape community. So what the gently caress is his angle????

Actual sources:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-pultegroup-founder-ceo-mistake-20160411-story.html
https://www.ajc.com/business/more-pultegroup-drama-family-ally-quits-board/NmeQGLwW1w2M4WfCeTI8xJ/
https://www.freep.com/in-depth/news/local/michigan/detroit/2021/12/22/bill-pulte-focuses-twitter-philanthropy-oxford-crisis-aid/6492319001/
https://www.builderonline.com/builder-100/leadership/incoming-pultegroup-coo-brandon-jones-fired-after-lawsuit-alleging-twitter-harassment_o
https://www.thebuildersdaily.com/pultegroup-legal-plot-thickens-as-firm-moves-to-dismiss-suit/

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

More like he's going to pulte rug out from under you!!

Anathematic
Jan 1, 2011

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I saw PP say "yeah I don't get why hiring a lawyer is going to help", so the collab appears to be over and its every grifter king out for himself

Yeah, a lot of apes didn't seem interested because their *revolution* was based on just buying a stock and sitting on it.

Anything beyond that (like seeking legal assistance) sounds too much like work... and they want nothing to do with that.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I think we have to consider the possibility (probability?) that Pulte is in-fact just as stupid as the apes he is trying to control and has drank the FlavorAid as much as any of them. Being pre-rich due to circumstances of birth, he can assert himself as a leader since he has "succeeded" at the only thing apes care about.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Is he so stupid as to really think there are enough apes to help get him back on the board of Pulte Group? Or is he just a weirdo who likes attention?

The latter, which through the self-brainwashing of tripling down on a grift will also become the former.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I think we have to consider the possibility (probability?) that Pulte is in-fact just as stupid as the apes he is trying to control and has drank the FlavorAid as much as any of them.

Agreed; saying that Pulte has an ulterior motive is kind of falling into the same trap that the apes have, just on the other side of the street. People of all economic and educational statuses are just as prone to falling for snake oil scams as anyone else, and odds are Billy boy's found a scam to call his own (and to own him in return).

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I still feel like what everybody's really found is a community to call their own. This one is based on incredibly bad fiscal decisions, but at the end of the day, it's no different than UFO enthusiasts or GBS shitposters.

In my world view, Bill Pulte found some people to kiss his rear end, as is his perceived birthright.

Anathematic
Jan 1, 2011
The next phase of the Baggie Cinematic Universe is heating up! Kais hosted a Twitter Spaces call at the same time PP hosted his YouTube show tonight. Several months ago, PP had Kais register "theppshow" trademark for him, and all of us apewatchers knew things would go to poo poo.

Well, it appears the schism has come. On the Spaces call, Kais threatened that once the trademark had gone through he planned to deliver a C&D to PP. Apes once again proving to be masters of the own goal.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
they'll just rename themselves DUDU and carry on

Nov 6, 2002

It is really great that they think there is so much value in the acronym "pp".

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It is really great that they think there is so much value in the acronym "pp".

innuendo is the key to meme stocks.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Does PP mean anything or is it just this man's name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Extremely unsurprising that the apes have found their saviour in a third-generation failson flailing in the vague direction of his perceived birthright with the expectation of receiving constant money and affirmation from the plebes. He's everything they see themselves as.