Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
God this show makes me so uncomfortable. I love it but I feel like I need to take a shower afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know if it's possible for anyone but if you can watch Poor Things back to back with an episode of The Curse I highly recommend it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Asher just staring in shock as Whitney out-Nathan Fielders him.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Shoplifting Casanova's days are numbered imo

man... it took me until the end of that scene between Cara and Whitney before I realized I had my eyes shut in terror the entire time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love seeing the reactions until it gets re-uploaded to sharing site. Although one time reading reactions gave me the false idea he was gonna be crucified by accident. Still brutal as it was but not as bad as I expected lol

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
fanart https://x.com/artstitle/status/1739850095745749124?s=20

edit: safdie drone shot at the end of the ep was fuckin beautiful, probably the best looking episode all around so far

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I liked Whitney's revelation (whatever it was) when she asked about eating the turkey. She was obsessed with HER OWN role in Cara's performance and became so enamored with whether or not she was supposed to eat it that she didn't even give thought to the fact that it doesn't matter, and the point of the art is about Cara's pain and a general struggle for Native people. Whitney is preposterously self-absorbed, everything revolves around her and she really doesn't care about anyone.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

such a privilege to be watching this show every week. the chickens are coming home to roost.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

haha Brett's tiktok is basically that same character.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
"Ask your wife" lmao :stare:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

fawning deference posted:

I liked Whitney's revelation (whatever it was) when she asked about eating the turkey. She was obsessed with HER OWN role in Cara's performance and became so enamored with whether or not she was supposed to eat it that she didn't even give thought to the fact that it doesn't matter, and the point of the art is about Cara's pain and a general struggle for Native people. Whitney is preposterously self-absorbed, everything revolves around her and she really doesn't care about anyone.

That is SO beautiful.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Now I’m banking on the end being Whitney dying in an art project Cara is performing but it happens on native land after they got enough support signed and a law passed so nothing happens to Cara. Whitney’s death is also Dougie’s curse and he marries Cara while Asher changes roles with him as the widower.

Obviously.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm wondering if next week will be the "final" episode and the 10th episode is just going to be the episode of the show being aired

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Medullah posted:

I'm wondering if next week will be the "final" episode and the 10th episode is just going to be the episode of the show being aired

This is my vibe, or perhaps a true crime documentary as suggested by another poster above.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
E! True Hollywood Stories

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

I hope it doesn't end in an episode that's a true crime documentary, just because I don't really like them, but it would make sense to comment on misleading editing in that way. We saw the whole actual story this season and then they end it with the deceptively edited "documentary" of the events.

This last episode was fantastic though, probably my favorite so far. Loved the scene where Cara is just so blunt with Whitney about their relationship that Whitney couldn't really deny it. There's a lamp in that scene above Caras head that looks like a boom mic to me, just showing how fake the whole thing is.

I was thinking about the first scene too and how far Whitney has abandoned what she wanted to do with the show. She was so upset that Dougie faked Fernandos mom crying, and then in this last episode she was fabricating conversations whole cloth using Cara.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The little girl has powers and everyone's heads are gonna fall off

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I'm worried that's what is gonna happen to Abshir every time I see him on screen after the chiropractor. Chekhov's neck locked and loaded

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
God drat the youtube pilot was more cringe than the actual show

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I love those weird dragon statues they had on the table during Asher and Dougie’s date.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I'm not understanding why Fernando was so upset. I thought he wasn't doing security once the coffee shop reopened? I also thought the point of paying for the jeans was that no one would know that a ton of thefts were happening there, so why do all these guys know about it? It seemed like there needed to be some extra lines or an extra scene showing that the thieves targeting the jeans store moved to shoplift from neighboring stores, too. If word got out that it's open season at one place, it makes sense that they'll think it's like that in the whole area and cause a bigger problem.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Whit's move with the credit card turned a small attempted robbery into open season which i imagine is bad for the neighborhood and its residence

And lol that she claimed it was Urban Art lmao

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

affluent teens driving into the neighborhood to shoplift is straight up cancer

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Whit's move with the credit card turned a small attempted robbery into open season which i imagine is bad for the neighborhood and its residence

And lol that she claimed it was Urban Art lmao

Yeah really all it would have taken was one person noticing that they got away with shoplifting for word to spread. She asks him how many pairs he stole on the way out and boom, that's on the Internet in seconds

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I loved when Whit quickly rushed the housekeeper into the bedroom when company showed up.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

panko posted:

affluent teens driving into the neighborhood to shoplift is straight up cancer

Oh nah he's not rich.

[mumbles]his dad is tho

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

don't forget that Fernando feels very protective of the yusheko jeans clerk, and I imagine he's under the impression that this is a very humiliating/corrupting experience for her.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

She likes them skinny white boys and was going to ask her sister to come in and steal some jeans for her

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Lister posted:

I'm not understanding why Fernando was so upset. I thought he wasn't doing security once the coffee shop reopened? I also thought the point of paying for the jeans was that no one would know that a ton of thefts were happening there, so why do all these guys know about it? It seemed like there needed to be some extra lines or an extra scene showing that the thieves targeting the jeans store moved to shoplift from neighboring stores, too. If word got out that it's open season at one place, it makes sense that they'll think it's like that in the whole area and cause a bigger problem.

Yeah I get what they were going for but I think needed one more scene before this one to understand the jump to coming to Whitney's house with 4 other armed people. Especially since his point was more about cleaning things up rather than the affluent teens coming in.

Though maybe this is going to end up with Fernando shooting one of the teens.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I thought I got where Fernando was coming from when he said something like "You're trying to get me into trouble." He's taking the security job seriously and has caught wind of the thefts and is panicking that this could fall on him legally.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

God Hole posted:

don't forget that Fernando feels very protective of the yusheko jeans clerk, and I imagine he's under the impression that this is a very humiliating/corrupting experience for her.

Unless I missed something, I think you're mixing up that clerk with the secretary(?) for Whitney's office(?) that's right next door.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4pCobFRwUM

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I was wondering why I felt a deja vu at the end of the episode, and it occured to me just now that I had seen this earlier

https://i.imgur.com/8ZW63M1.mp4

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lister posted:

Unless I missed something, I think you're mixing up that clerk with the secretary(?) for Whitney's office(?) that's right next door.

You're correct, they're entirely different people.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Fernando is protective of the jean store clerk. She says that Fernando made her feel better after that first time the cops showed up. He calls her a "good kid" or something similar to Whitney too after that. Just a parental kind of feeling towards the clerk.

The secretary in Whitney's office is older and that relationship with Fernando dosen't seem like a parental one, just a friendly work relationship.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
https://x.com/benny_safdie/status/1741518422935028025?s=20

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Medullah posted:

God this show makes me so uncomfortable. I love it but I feel like I need to take a shower afterwards.
I just watched the latest episode and you were not kidding :stonklol:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

I can't stop watching this, especially her manic cackle after the "hand on stove" prank.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

1-800-I-AM-GOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
That was easily my favorite episode so far. I've had friends like Dougie before and being around them gave me so much anxiety. Safdie and Fielder have really impressed. I couldn't imagine anyone else nailing those roles like they have. And of course Emma Stone... What a hell of a show.