Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

lol throwing a party for your teen and beating the poo poo out of attendees

https://x.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1740528005678588027?s=20

Insanely strong “queen of my OWN prom!” Vibes from this mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a sexual elk posted:

The 7 and 3 year olds both have my giant feet, big ole planks with long rear end toes. They both look just like me at their ages, so hopefully they get as tall as i got. (My family varies wildly mothers side great grand parents were 6’6” and 4’11”) one aunt is 5’3” other is 6’1”, my mom was right in the middle at 5’9”

E. The wifes a meager 5’8”

My dad is 6'1 so that's where kiddo gets his height. I have cousins with the tall gene but it's not by blood, the blood relative married a 6'7 dude (cousin's mom and dad). My cousin's son towers over her so it looks like your normal short mom/tall son deal, but she's actually 6'5 so...

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 29, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lots of vehicles go this route. Or the trunk. Usually weight balance reasons.

Under her hood should still be the standard red and black remote posts for jumping the car. Likely located in upper corner, covered

Edit oh Nevermind jeep did it solely because.. it pays homage to the original Jeeps having the battery under the passenger seat? Lmao that’s a terrible reason!

Lol that is a terrible reason. But yeah, I found the connectors to boost it, the problem came when I was about to replace it. I said gently caress it, take it to the dealership and make them change it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FizFashizzle posted:

lol throwing a party for your teen and beating the poo poo out of attendees

https://x.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1740528005678588027?s=20

Does sound like it was a good party at least

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The right is getting better at partying and it has liberals worried

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Forrest on Fire posted:

The right is getting better at partying and it has liberals worried

Republicans cannot seem to stop partying with teenagers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I bet Nancy Mace can loving throw down.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
All right I'm going to try and fry this goddamn chicken again and I swear to god if the breading falls off after I fry, I'm going to punch something.

Chat thread, please treat me like a five year old. I have chicken tenders marinating in buttermilk in the fridge. Do I need to pat them dry before I put them in flour? Do I double dredge?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

All right I'm going to try and fry this goddamn chicken again and I swear to god if the breading falls off after I fry, I'm going to punch something.

Chat thread, please treat me like a five year old. I have chicken tenders marinating in buttermilk in the fridge. Do I need to pat them dry before I put them in flour? Do I double dredge?

the taste from marinade is going to be intramuscular. The breading is just for flavor on the outside.

What I like to do is pat dry, dip in egg yolk, double dredge. But I ALSO like to double fry and finish in the oven.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

I bet Nancy Mace can loving throw down.

I mean, cadets were infamous for dating local high schoolers so the accusation likely holds.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'd also keep an eye on your oil temperature, A Neat Cape. Getting the temperature to at least 375°F and not letting it drop below 350°F is the key for a good crust that doesn't go anywhere.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pat meat dry, cover in beaten egg, toss in a gallon ziploc full of white flour, dip back in egg, dredge in a tray of panko crumbs, then straight into the hot oil immediately.

carefully control oil temp. Too cold and it gets gummy, too hot and it burns. Oil temp plunges when you put the food in so you need a high proportion of oil to food, don't overwhelm your small pot of oil. When I'm doing fish & chips I do one piece of fish at a time.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Having the oven set to a low temp (even better if it has a "keep warm" setting) so you can have the fried food keeping at a decent temperature helps a lot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

-Take your chicken out of its marinade, pat it dry with a paper towel and put it in a vessel to contain it.
-Don't throw away this marinade just yet
-Set up your oil to fry, never more than 3/4 of the pot full, I try to stick with half a pot incase I over temp my oil and need to cool it (safest way is turn off heat and add more cold / room temp oil).
-Take a spoon or your fingers and drizzle some of the marinade into your breading mix and give it a shake - this creates the little extra crispy craggles and bits we all love on the chicken.
-Take your dry patted chicken, dredge it in some seasoned flour, into a mix of beaten egg (both yolk and white because the white protein is better for sticking than just the fat of the yolk alone), then into your breading.

Fry without overcrowding. I like to take my spider and move it gently, GENTLY back and forth to move the oil a little bit when my chicken is in there which helps get a more even fry.

You should really press your breading into your chicken. So I use the one hand wet, one hand dry method to avoid getting breaded fingers but once everything has had its breading dip I'll usually get a handful of the breading and press it into the chicken to ensure there's no dry spots. Let it sit for a minute or two before you fry it as well, it just helps everything get nice and adhered.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 30, 2023

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Big believer in brining chicken in pickle juice before frying. Great flavor.

Do not, however, treat it like marinade, and let the chicken sit in it overnight.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Napoelon was… weird. I liked it though? Either way I'm glad I caught it in a theater.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Know it’s not his most famous movie but I still watch his cut of Kingdom of Heaven at least once a year.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Now I wanna watch Master and Commander cause period pieces kick rear end

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Now I wanna watch Master and Commander cause period pieces kick rear end

Quicks the word and sharps the action Mr. Elk!

loving love that movie. I watch it every year. It's sucks so much the sequel got scuttled.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
In a similar track I should probably watch The Terror. I started it when it first came out and then got distracted.

Likewise I am just over halfway done with the current historical c-drama I've been watching and I hate so, so many of the dudes in it but I love the main character and her ambigiously evil sister so I'll finish it out.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Star Trek Prodigy season 1 in its entirety is up on Netflix, and season 2 is set to drop next year.

Please don't let the fact that it was on Nick deter you if you're a Trek fan. It's a very well written first season and probably the 2nd best New Trek show behind Strange New Worlds

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

In a similar track I should probably watch The Terror. I started it when it first came out and then got distracted.

Likewise I am just over halfway done with the current historical c-drama I've been watching and I hate so, so many of the dudes in it but I love the main character and her ambigiously evil sister so I'll finish it out.

It is quite fantastic. I wholly reccomend it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

Star Trek Prodigy season 1 in its entirety is up on Netflix, and season 2 is set to drop next year.

Please don't let the fact that it was on Nick deter you if you're a Trek fan. It's a very well written first season and probably the 2nd best New Trek show behind Strange New Worlds

I'll check it out, I've rewatched Avatar the Last Airbender two or three times by now, so kids shows are fine if they're well made.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

Know it’s not his most famous movie but I still watch his cut of Kingdom of Heaven at least once a year.

The cinema heads think the director's cut is a real hidden gem (I liked it a lot too). When Napoleon premiered, The Big Picture podcast ranked Ridley Scott's movies and Kingdom of Heaven was pretty high up there.

Personally I have a soft spot for G.I. Jane too but it almost feels more like a Tony film than a Ridley one. Oddly enough the thing that takes me out of the film is the foley work; the sound effects they use during the final battle sounds so generic.

I'm also a fan of House of Gucci mainly because I quickly realized it's an absurdist comedy. I mean… look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aTgmXuebJY
Jared Leto should've voiced Mario instead of Chris Pratt.

This also reminds me that I got Matchstick Men of n my DVR & I need to watch it.

Next on my movie list: Michael Mann's Ferarri. Gotta also make time to see Jonathan Glazer's The Zone of Interest and maybe even Bradley Cooper'a Maestro.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Love to watch my Chinese dream girl for garden inspiration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi38cQMORQY

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm also a fan of House of Gucci mainly because I quickly realized it's an absurdist comedy. I mean… look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aTgmXuebJY
Jared Leto should've voiced Mario instead of Chris Pratt.

Forget Mario, he needs to do Dr. Wily in a Mega Man movie with that makeup. Dealer's choice on keeping the accent or not.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Jared Leto as Wario

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Jared Leto as Waluigi

Ferrari sounds like it’s perfectly average with a couple of sensational car crash scenes

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Fried chicken talk reminds me I linked this in the SAD goons we've lost thread, but don't think I linked it here in case anyone who wants it has lost it over time:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XY2NRS52rKwM66Ok9AtSP_x-jT9IdIvk/view?usp=sharing

Page 49 (PDF page 54) for The Best Fried Chicken You Will Ever Eat (RIP Wheez)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

why is this so hard to find

Kiimo, let me know if you want me to ship some stuff to you. This is the bottom shelf of our local grocery store.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

The videos are super interesting, even though she's literally backed by the government as a sort of cultural propaganda thing

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rectal Placenta posted:

The videos are super interesting, even though she's literally backed by the government as a sort of cultural propaganda thing

Yeah and it owns.

Li has obvious appeal to a western audience, but she’s not just an actress taking instructions off camera. There’s one where she’s building furniture out of bamboo and just casually holds something together with her feet while she ties her hair back with a strand she pulls off from a piece like she’s done it a million times.

And she is surgical with a meat cleaver.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

This is a fetish I was not aware of.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a neat cape posted:

I want this to be successful but on the other hand gently caress Robert Beltran, anything that gives him an income must die.

Maybe they'll kill him off off-screen between seasons somehow.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Silly Burrito posted:

Kiimo, let me know if you want me to ship some stuff to you. This is the bottom shelf of our local grocery store.

Same. V easy to find in Texas.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Fried chicken talk reminds me I linked this in the SAD goons we've lost thread, but don't think I linked it here in case anyone who wants it has lost it over time:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XY2NRS52rKwM66Ok9AtSP_x-jT9IdIvk/view?usp=sharing

Page 49 (PDF page 54) for The Best Fried Chicken You Will Ever Eat (RIP Wheez)

I haven't made his recipe but I have made the Ad Hoc at Home chicken he started with and it really is that good.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Merry Christmas to me

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Lord, I just solved an iOS problem that was aggravating me for a long time, and I'm embarrassed by how easy it was. I keep photo favorites on my iPhone because I have an Apple TV screensaver that uses them when the screen saver kicks in. But I take a crapload of photos. When I export them, I often have to hunt and peck through the photos on my phone to delete ONLY the non-favorites.

Found this today: Delete Non-Favorites Shortcuts

You just have to go into your Settings and choose "Allow Deleting Large Amounts of Data". You click the shortcut, it confirms that you want to delete those photos, you click Yes, and done.

The photos are still in your recently deleted folder on your iPhone, so you still have to empty that (or if you screw up and delete the wrong ones, you can recover from here). But man, is that really easy to do.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

GD_American posted:

Big believer in brining chicken in pickle juice before frying. Great flavor.

Do not, however, treat it like marinade, and let the chicken sit in it overnight.

Chicken in pickle brine is aces. I have actually left it in overnight once because poo poo came up and we weren’t able to fry it that night like intended, and it was definitely too salty for my partner but I thought it was great. Just gotta ignore the gross color it takes on until you get it breaded :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah and it owns.

Li has obvious appeal to a western audience, but she’s not just an actress taking instructions off camera. There’s one where she’s building furniture out of bamboo and just casually holds something together with her feet while she ties her hair back with a strand she pulls off from a piece like she’s done it a million times.

And she is surgical with a meat cleaver.

For me it's because they're relaxing and she's super skilled. The other one with girl who has a giant husky/malamute is also a fave. I never have the sound on though, it's more like visual ASMR for me.