Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I have FELT like Face MJF and BTYBB and the Devil poo poo has been ratings death, but now I actually have some concrete evidence.

I went back and checked, the last time Dynamite averaged over 1 million was February 22, 2023, which was when MJF was still a dirtbag heel, getting ready to face Danielson at Revolution, and in terms of wrestling, Moxley vs. EVIL loving UNO was the main event. That was Uno wanting to beat up Mox because IIRC the Dark Order was trying to big boy up to the BCC and Mox was like lol okay and so they had a legit wrestling match and beat the poo poo out of each other and clearly people wanted to see it.

Face MJF and all the Cole/MJF stuff has been ratings death.

BTYBB was a really big draw for a while during the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
100%. The belt stealing feud with Hangman was bad. The Brochachio and Devil stuff is bad. The tag team was kinda fun but then he got hurt and it was time to pivot. Adam Cole is a lovely man but I don’t want him on the main event scene. Keep him home where he’s safe playing video games.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

BTYBB was a really big draw for a while during the summer.

"For a while" doing heavy lifting there. Sure, I'll give you that. That was when it was still new, novel, and more importantly, STILL A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE rather than being played totally straight and actually just "Oh MJF is a face now, Cole actually did change him that much, it's sincere, and also Cole is quite possibly the Devil or at least connected to that whole thing in some way but his leg exploded so stall, stall stall, but also let MJF retain the ROH tag titles with no problem in a literal handicap match against an established ROH tag team because MJF needs to be Hogan now" I guess.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I am not so invested in the Righteous that I care if MJF beat them in a handicap match.
MJF's problem is that every entertaining thing he does runs too long and kills all interest in it. And that's more Tony's fault for constantly giving him that time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

I am not so invested in the Righteous that I care if MJF beat them in a handicap match.
MJF's problem is that every entertaining thing he does runs too long and kills all interest in it. And that's more Tony's fault for constantly giving him that time.

It's less that he beat The Righteous and more that he never shoulda beaten anybody like that, and they should've taken the readily available off-ramp for "ROH Tag Champ MJF" long ago.

Also it WAS a really stupid match.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

what if there's multiple devils

last page but if there's a new stable that's all devil dudes and none of them know who the others are, I guess. but as it is, I can live without this goofy "devil" poo poo.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The ratings have stayed pretty consistent but I think with collision improving week to week even as competition stayed tough or tougher you can make an educated hypothesis that the aew fanbase enjoys stuff like the c2 much more than the devil storyline.

Even in the arenas, where mjf as a person and character is still very over, the reactions were never louder than even the mark briscoe jay lethal losers match of losers.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think there are "i'm supposed to cheer this" cheers that don't quite hit the point of "i hate that i clearly am supposed to cheer this even though i don't want to, so i'm going to boo instead" where fans will still cheer but it won't sound very energetic. i don't mean quiet, but a different sound. i don't want to point out times where i believe this has happened because i'll get bullied for making poo poo up. but, i think great wrestling never has the problem

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

yea ok posted:

Even in the arenas, where mjf as a person and character is still very over, the reactions were never louder than even the mark briscoe jay lethal losers match of losers.

To be fair, Lethal/Briscoe owned.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lethal briscoe is a cool name for someone. it's all yours

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you just can’t have a bad match with mark Briscoe in it. It’s not possible.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

lethal briscoe is a cool name for someone. it's all yours

taking this for my discount circumcision business

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you just can’t have a bad match with mark Briscoe in it. It’s not possible.

QOP once again speaking nothing but truth

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

mark briscoe loving owns and I want him to win everything. that doesn't seem very AEW Hell though. OK I'm sick of MJF as world champion and have been for some time, nailed it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

The ratings have stayed pretty consistent but I think with collision improving week to week even as competition stayed tough or tougher you can make an educated hypothesis that the aew fanbase enjoys stuff like the c2 much more than the devil storyline.

That's totally fine and more than valid but also I wanna hate The Thing and blame the thing I hate for the problems even if it's overly simplistic, tbh

I'm on hater time at the moment, mostly because I'm so sick of Superface Champ MJF

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

is it cringe?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

is it cringe?

clowns on the left... jokers on the right

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I like that one of the 8 man tags can be promoted as an "All-Star 8 Man Tag" and the other cannot due to the Stink of a certain performer.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

clowns on the left... jokers on the right

stuck in the midcard with yuta

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

projecthalaxy posted:

is it cringe?

Looks like a good card to me. Hopefully Joey Samoey can win the big one

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

stuck in the midcard with yuta

lol

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
i don't know if I love AEW more, or this Forum that exists only because of AEW...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

How dare you assume this will make sense of course it won't- the war dog

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good god I am asking 100% of the roster to get the gently caress off social media today

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Good god I am asking 100% of the roster to get the gently caress off social media today

challenge level: impossible

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Someone needs to give Bryan Danielson the power to jail and possibly compromise to a permanent end wrestlers for their poor social media conduct.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

projecthalaxy posted:

How dare you assume this will make sense of course it won't- the war dog

Bill Irwin is #allelite

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

no one can cool off the hype for a PPV like the AEW roster can. it’s really astounding and should be studied

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

no one can cool off the hype for a PPV like the AEW roster can. it’s really astounding and should be studied

It has really been a sight to behold.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

refuse to buy a ppv where everyone has booboo faces and booboo tweets and booboo articles. you're supposed to yell and rip your shirts and say cool poo poo you idiots!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wardlow: hey I don't wanna be involved in this devil poo poo

Keith Lee: I'm hurt and my match will probably suck

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this is how I know the old AEW is back

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

aew should ban all their wrestlers from social media with immediate effect

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

dromal phrenia posted:

refuse to buy a ppv where everyone has booboo faces and booboo tweets and booboo articles. you're supposed to yell and rip your shirts and say cool poo poo you idiots!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Keith Lee out, Dustin Rhodes in. This match is so cursed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

keith lee refusing to put over swerve sucks.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Just say Keith Lee was so scared he ran (or slowly sauntered) out of the promotion rather than face Swerve. Like the territory days.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

aew should ban all their wrestlers from social media with immediate effect

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

get every fucktard loser who cries about doing jobs out of aew asap. idc how good they are in the ring. if you dont want to be there, loving leave. uncle paul will give you everything you need. so tired of these losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

keith lee refusing to put over swerve sucks.

yea ok posted:

get every fucktard loser who cries about doing jobs out of aew asap. idc how good they are in the ring. if you dont want to be there, loving leave. uncle paul will give you everything you need. so tired of these losers

??????