Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

these loving idiots didn’t deserve an alternative to wwe lol

You'd think they'd want to keep the only thing making their contracts so high alive but CTE is a hell of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

to be fair, most of the dumbasses are hunter's NXT Ninnies who literally can't wait to go back

i feel so so bad for people like hangman and swerve

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

to be fair, most of the dumbasses are hunter's NXT Ninnies who literally can't wait to go back

Somehow Christian and Adam Copeland care more about AEW than Miro and Andrade and apparently Keith Lee

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJF posted:

But this won’t shock you: Not everyone has been like them. Other established dudes came in, thought of us as a parachute between forgettable WWE runs, and didn’t respect what this was built on — or who it was built by, or why it was built in the first place. And while it would be so fun to write a few names down right now, what’s even more fun is I really don’t have to. Because guys like that, their laziness comes out in the wash. It shows up in the f*cking work. Doesn’t mean they’re bad people!! I just don’t respect them.

Me @ Max Friedman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCZpvYb78R8

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bad news about where NXT North American Champion Isaiah "Swerve" Scott made his name, QoP.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bahahaha - can you add an update to your article?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

Bad news about where NXT North American Champion Isaiah "Swerve" Scott made his name, QoP.

CZW & DEFY?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

projecthalaxy posted:

Swerve wasn't one of Hunter's boys so he seems content to tell him to get bent.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

not a King of Kings guy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

He loving hates Triple H and is almost certainly one of the dudes who snitched when WWE started trying to tamper.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The pape is about to start and I hear Tony just got the roster's tests back for liver enzymes. I hope everything is okay!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You know how eventually every libertarian utopia town becomes a bear-infested hellscape? Same idea with AEW I’m beginning to think.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Everyone thought TK was only going to provide "good wrestling" as an alternative to WWE, but they didn't count on "UNLIMITED BACKSTAGE DRAMA" being on the menu as well

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

You know how eventually every libertarian utopia town becomes a bear-infested hellscape? Same idea with AEW I’m beginning to think.

I was just thinking the same thing. Glad someone could put it into words.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

Yeah but bears are cool

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

bring back the weepy wangman. whatever he cried about it at least wasn't about how he's in so much pain he can barely put his shoulders to the mat

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

they're called the Iron Savages now and they're extremely off-putting

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

baffling that they didn’t sign marty scurll

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Willow almost broke Kris Statlander's fuckin' neck, mildly inauspicious start to this one.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s a bearcat infested hellscape

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They are currently airing a pretape showing that Serena Deeb has actually just been trapped in a straitjacket backstage for the last year, which is symbolic maybe

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

They are currently airing a pretape showing that Serena Deeb has actually just been trapped in a straitjacket backstage for the last year, which is symbolic maybe

maybe she can dislocate her shoulder to escape. then she'll fit right in with the rest of the locker room

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
AEW's closing out 2023 in the best of New Year's Eve traditions: flailing around wildly, like a drunk

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AEW just put on one of the worst battle royales in recent memory

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Codependent Poster posted:

then

now

forever

it's okay, I am used to em now

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

get every fucktard loser who cries about doing jobs out of aew asap. idc how good they are in the ring. if you dont want to be there, loving leave. uncle paul will give you everything you need. so tired of these losers

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

the entire AEW roster posting like they've got a substitute teacher today

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

AEW is going to be able to afford Mercedes Mone's contract with all of those fines for posting the stupidest poo poo on social media

Sydney Bottocks posted:

AEW's closing out 2023 in the best of New Year's Eve traditions: flailing around wildly, like a drunk

lol

wrestlers self destructing always brings out the best posts and I'm here for it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

who won?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

evergreen post

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Luchasaurus

Then there was a loud train horn for a while

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

projecthalaxy posted:

Luchasaurus

Then there was a loud train horn for a while

Huh. Well Luchasaurus winning is a good way to not spoil the TNT match.

Sad to hear Braun Strowman is coming in, tho.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Incorrect

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

sad how many never have beens are too selfish do a job. then on the other hand we have world wide super stars like RUSH who selflessly put over Swerve, Jay White, and Mox

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Why is AEW dead now I'm not going back and reading all that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

sad how many never have beens are too selfish do a job. then on the other hand we have world wide super stars like RUSH who selflessly put over Swerve, Jay White, and Mox

real talk

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's not okay at all that keith lee isn't retired. hopefully he'll recover pretty good under the care of the NXT doctor instead of the negligent malpractice squad they've got going on in jacks-off-vile!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

If Keith Lee is just coming down with a case of jobitis put him down with Miro on bums who need to get sent back to stamford!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Keith Lee is injured or not injured and so now we're all the guy who threw poopmilk at the NXT locker room door

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Keith Lee lied, the angle with serve died

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I choose to believe the reason the Keith Lee/Swerve match has been delayed over a year is because Keith Lee kept refusing to do the job. That would be very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this but referring to the members of this forum instead