Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

davecrazy posted:

If your not rooting for a Lions/Browns Super Bowl you might literally be Hitler.

Holy poo poo that would be awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Joe Buck talking about how Quinn is going with “bigger guys up front” after giving up 278 rushing yards a couple of weeks ago and then immediately the Lions run it right up the gut on third and two and get like nine

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Tony Polly is just kind of not good, huh

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
lol Dak

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
That aged poorly

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

see these lambs

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

aarstar posted:

That aged poorly

Haha

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

cackling with glee as my coach is inducted and millions of cowboys haters are subjected to extremely cowboys ceremonies

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

indigi posted:

Tony Polly is just kind of not good, huh

not explosive

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lions and Cowboys trying to out Lions and out Cowboys each other JFC

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

cowboys were trying to throw that game away, but the lions wouldn’t let them

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

biceps crimes posted:

cowboys were trying to throw that game away, but the lions wouldn’t let them
I have been informed by reliable sources that it was actually the refs who did the prevention

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Why does everybody try to cheat my beloved Cowboys out of wins?

It’s three violations on one play and they got to WOOT WOOT over it for like ten seconds.

Anyway, Cowboys are frauds.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

MrMojok posted:

Why does everybody try to cheat my beloved Cowboys out of wins?

It’s three violations on one play and they got to WOOT WOOT over it for like ten seconds.

Anyway, Cowboys are frauds.

my prediction continues to play out as true. we beat the lions, we win next week as well, and then we lose to tampa bay

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

biceps crimes posted:

my prediction continues to play out as true. we beat the lions, we win next week as well, and then we lose to tampa bay

baker's vibes gon run all over dak's stats.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

dingo with a joint posted:

baker's vibes gon run all over dak's stats.

he'll be powering up at a cheesecake factory the night before and will score 30+ on our d

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I want the record to reflect that I have 0% confidence in the Eagles being able to win out.

Please bullshit out a win next week, Commies

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

CeeDee did catch a lot of passes against a porous defense.

But just one of those catches went for 92 yards, and without that, he had a paltry 12 for just 135 yards.

Equally, without that one 92-yard fluke play Dak’s line is a pedestrian 25/37/253/1td/1int

Frauds! I say.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

MrMojok posted:

CeeDee did catch a lot of passes against a porous defense.

But just one of those catches went for 92 yards, and without that, he had a paltry 12 for just 135 yards.

Equally, without that one 92-yard fluke play Dak’s line is a pedestrian 25/37/253/1td/1int

Frauds! I say.

That 92 yard play required an unblocked defensive player to try to tackle without using his arms in one of the most bizarre plays I have seen in a while.

Outside of that turd of a game with the bills, the rest of these games have kind of gone as expected. They aren't frauds, they are just clownball. If clownball is expected than you will not feel defrauded.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

loving all props to the person who chose to have the Cowboys wear the blue jerseys at home, though.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Also it is 9:19 PM PST and we are officially into “Decker-Gate”

He reported!!! :byodame:

He didn’t report! :byodood:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I was a bit annoyed how Philly squeaked by with wins in those two games against the Chiefs and Bills due to receiver fuckups letting down Allen & Mahomes, but Fat Mike now has two games this year against the Seahawks and Lions where he made the exact same dumb :derp: decisions not running the ball at the end of a game to seal it and never should have been dramatic but he still somehow escaped with a win both times, so I guess the Football Universe balances itself out.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I was a bit annoyed how Philly squeaked by with wins in those two games against the Chiefs and Bills due to receiver fuckups letting down Allen & Mahomes, but Fat Mike now has two games this year against the Seahawks and Lions where he made the exact same dumb :derp: decisions not running the ball at the end of a game to seal it and never should have been dramatic but he still somehow escaped with a win both times, so I guess the Football Universe balances itself out.

the win over the lions was some eagles poo poo, wasn't it?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I would simply run the ball on 70% of plays, and roll up like 200+ yards rushing on everyone week after week.

No level of football, from NFL to PeeWee to this thread, is ready for my genius.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Cowboys are winning the super bowl, this is locked in.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Cowboys are winning the super bowl, this is locked in.

:hmmno:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m pretty confident we'll make the NFCCG but the road beyond that is covered in shadow and I cannot perceive its direction

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
No I already told you, cowboys win. Super bowl. As an eagles fan, I have unmatched football IQ and can divine such fates.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

biceps crimes posted:

the win over the lions was some eagles poo poo, wasn't it?

hello i have watched a great many number of games played by the 2023 philadelphia eagles and i can in fact report that the cowboys win over the lions was indeed some eagles poo poo

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
How does the NFL keep getting more popular and the officiating keeps getting worse? The loving NBA has better refs god drat.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve watched a lot of both sports and the nba refs are way worse

But the reason both are getting worse than before is they both instituted control of individual games by the league office and are completely corrupt by this point

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I honestly think it's just ineptitude.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys and gently caress the refs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Probably, but we can always hope for Clownball.

That was definitely the clowniest of ball

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I honestly think it's just ineptitude.

consistently degrading performance is still a management issue, and taking no action to address it is a deliberate decision

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I think Officials are probably better than ever and, while obviously not perfect or as good as they can be, I think they're probably alot better than we think they are because the only assessments we do of their work is ultra 4k HD multi angle slomo ulti-zoom analysis of the few mistakes they make every game

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the officials can individually all be better than ever but it's obvious that they'd still benefit from rules, procedures, or even technological solutions that prevent bullshit like last night from happening. for instance: let coaches report players as eligible to the booth ref who makes the announcement via an app. the referring space is ripe for disruption

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also the refereeing space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/rjochoa/status/1741352389725061136?t=9epvKZbqIG1fR8OniMKc9A&s=19