Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Maersk was strong-armed by the US to resume shipping through the red sea, and now they're getting what they deserve

Maersk Container ship attacked with missiles in the red sea

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1741266225387176070?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Maersk was strong-armed by the US to resume shipping through the red sea, and now they're getting what they deserve

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1741266225387176070?s=20

Hoping Lloyds et al cackle, shout "FORCE MAJEURE! Thanks for the free money, sucker! *click*" and bankrupt Maersk and any other party that dares to cross the will of (Ansar) Allah.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/hellowo63335565/status/1739985591004225951
https://twitter.com/hellowo63335565/status/1740049275059630086

this is how we're going to find out nobody in the idf knows how to cook as they poison themselves eating raw chicken

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

gradenko_2000 posted:

now, it's possible that shipping companies will pivot to trying to normalize missile strikes as being endemic, but I wouldn't bet on it

gradenko_2000 posted:

but material consequences are starting to manifest, and in the absence of a real response, they're simply doing the international shipping equivalent of "the cure can't be worse than the disease" and forcing commerce to return because they can neither accept the need for restraint while also being incapable of resolving the problem directly

the big question is whether AnsarAllah is going to be as uncompromising towards them, as COVID was towards restaurant workers

lol

lmao

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://x.com/getfiscal/status/1741310775015231685?s=46&t=mzWS2vgSInnU9jlt8C3n_Q

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Well there can’t be enough Houthis to get all of them, right??

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Well there can’t be enough Houthis to get all of them, right??

"surely they can't missile all of us!"

-ship about to get missiled

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The hosed up thing is Israel will end up using South hemisphere countries people to shop freight in dangerous rear end lanes.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Joe Biden is a racist, genocidal rear end in a top hat

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All I can do is laugh at this statement. It's too depressing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

drat if only he was president

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

FuzzySlippers posted:

I've been thinking the joint chiefs are doing a version of the dead parrot monty python sketch about US capabilities every day. Biden asks yet again why we aren't bombing Yemen and the joint chiefs are like the number of missiles we have available to shoot is still zero. Absence of missiles is what we have. We want to shoot missiles, but that requires having a number greater than zero to actually shoot them. Where the missile we would shoot at Yemen normally sit a piece of paper says 'sorry sent to ukraine'. A positive number of missiles is something we are pursuing, but we still have a non-positive number. etc

no, no, the US still has missiles

however if the US uses any missiles it won't have any missiles in case it needs to get into another war

and the US must always be ready to fight at least one more war, lest anyone get any ideas about dogpiling

the old 'I don't have enough bullets for all of you, but I have enough bullets for some. So which of you mugs is volunteering to die for everyone else?" scheme that spree shooters get away with so well

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/ImReadinHere/status/1740903497137353155

quote:

The report by South Africa is astonishing in its scope and detail. It contains a litany of atrocities but these 7 pages on intent show the widespread depravity of zionism. The Prime Minister, President, 7 Ministers, and 5 senior military figures. And these just public statements

From creating the conditions for widespread disease, total destruction of cultural centres (universities, libraries), the levelling of 100s of holy sites including ancient sites of archaeological importance. "[Israel] is destroying the very fabric and basis of Palestinian life"
[timg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GCjw-FhXwAAoZnx?format=jpg&name=large[/timg

If you would like to read it then it's here. More than anything it's an excellent source for almost every act of israeli terror witnessed over the last 3 months
https://www.icj-cij.org/sites/defau...4-0-gaNycGzNDhA

South Africa's collecting Israel's mywarcrimes.txt in one document. I'll be surprised if it makes an impact on the rules-based international order but it's a good collection of documentation of Israel's crimes.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

[P vs I] Higgins = literally Joseph Goebbels.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The hosed up thing is Israel will end up using South hemisphere countries people to shop freight in dangerous rear end lanes.

Got bad news about the current state of international shipping, chief

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

american military official says the houthis arent backing down from americas bluff

=====

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31610;&%231583;

American military official: There is no indication that the Houthis will stop their attacks in the Red Sea
The Associated Press quoted the Commander of the US Navy in the Middle East as saying that the Houthis are showing no sign of stopping their attacks against commercial ships in the Red Sea, and that their attacks are continuing despite the expansion of the international coalition to protect ships.

The American military commander added that 17 drones and 4 missiles had been shot down, and that 1,200 ships had sailed through the Red Sea since the “Guardian of Prosperity” force began its work in the region.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Esran posted:

Woman is taken hostage, is not killed, is given surgery for a gunshot wound, and is then released: "I went through a Holocaust".

https://www.timesofisrael.com/freed-hostage-mia-schem-i-experienced-hell-everyone-in-gaza-is-a-terrorist/

She was happy and smiling when she left. Claimed to have been treated well. Now she returns after a debriefing with Israel and new lip fillers and suddenly she remembers all the atrocities Hamas carried out in her.
Atrocities like performing surgery on her gunshot wounds.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

[P vs I] Higgins = literally Joseph Goebbels.

Is this actual Nazi propagandist still allowed post here or has he been rightly permabanned.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
https://www.reddit.com/r/Palestine/comments/18uyy1w/how_zionists_fabricated_a_jewish_crises_in_the/

Can someone source the claims he makes w/r/t zionist ops to make it appear that Arab countries were unsafe for Jews?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Marenghi posted:

Is this actual Nazi propagandist still allowed post here or has he been rightly permabanned.

he’s considered a D&D hero like the racist mod who got blowed up

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Marenghi posted:

Now she returns after a debriefing with Israel and new lip fillers and suddenly she remembers all the atrocities Hamas carried out in her.

FF might not be posting lately, but his legacy lives on

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Look, if he says something mildly critical of Israel he might lose his Atlantic Council fellowship

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ddubious twitter source but strangely interesting if true

https://x.com/megatron_ron/status/1741178532217213072?s=46

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

presumably Chinese made stuff you can order from aliexpress that could be used etc

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

China's been on a recent small arms modernization kick and type-56s have been found all around the middle east for a while now.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Al-Saqr posted:

the more i read about the communist 'harshness and crimes' the more ive come to realize that they acted in the most reasonable way possible because they fully inderstood the nature of right wing fascism and authoritarianism, and acted accordingly, anything less than what they did wouldve ended up killing them.

look right now at palestine, look at where fatah ended up after behaving 'reasonably' while hamas, the ultimate boogeyman, turned oit to have 100% been in the right all along because they treated israel as the nazi monsters they are.

This is what you learn every time you dig deep into resistance that was actually successful. The noble, reasonable resistance are all the ones that failed and were then brutally punished and the survivors oppressed even harder. Incidentally the latter group is the one we are primarily educated about as examples to follow if we wish to dissent. The former we are educated about, if we are at all, as history’s greatest monsters.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Esran posted:

Woman is taken hostage, is not killed, is given surgery for a gunshot wound, and is then released: "I went through a Holocaust".

https://www.timesofisrael.com/freed-hostage-mia-schem-i-experienced-hell-everyone-in-gaza-is-a-terrorist/

Actually Hamas subjected her to horrific torture like "making her cut her own hair (because she didn't want her captor to do it)" and "making her watch her mother on tv".

quote:

One day, as Schem struggled with a knot in her hair, her captor approached with scissors, she wrote. She screamed at him, telling him she would sort it out herself, which ended up taking her almost two weeks because of her injured arm, she said.

quote:

She told Israeli television that at one point her captor called her over to watch footage on television of her mother speaking at a news conference, saying he did so “to hurt me”, but that she nevertheless drew strength from seeing her mother.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/mid...nd-refresh=true

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/ImReadinHere/status/1740903497137353155

South Africa's collecting Israel's mywarcrimes.txt in one document. I'll be surprised if it makes an impact on the rules-based international order but it's a good collection of documentation of Israel's crimes.

Jesus that’s a lot of intent right there

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Reported for copyright. Technically you will have to wait til January 1 to use Mickey Mouse and only in his original Steamboat Willie configuration :spergin:

just one day before steamboat willie will be able to intercept shipping in the red sea

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

zetamind2000 posted:

just one day before steamboat willie will be able to intercept shipping in the red sea

:jihad:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

dads friend steve posted:

Jesus that’s a lot of intent right there

Israeli politicians' displays of intent to commit war crimes have been so extremely numerous and undeniable that the only way you can really claim that it isn't committing them is by pretending like the government, including the Prime Minister and Minister of Defence, has no control over military policy. Actually, that fits pretty well with the libshit narrative that the IDF are good boys and it's just the Likud regime and Netanyahu that are bad.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

gradenko_2000 posted:

FF might not be posting lately, but his legacy lives on

I'm just saying it's circumstantial but could point to her being bribed to say these things.

She claims she acted nice in front of cameras at release to protect those still in custody, but shouldn't that still apply. She knows they watch Israeli news, she tells us they showed her mother on the news. Her new testimony doesn't seem credible and to me comes across like Israel was busy trying find one released hostage with low scruples who would say what they've scripted.

Also I'll never be able to post like FF. I can't comprehend how he manages such effort posts from a phone. I can't phone post without numerous typos.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Horseshoe theory posted:

Hoping Lloyds et al cackle, shout "FORCE MAJEURE! Thanks for the free money, sucker! *click*" and bankrupt Maersk and any other party that dares to cross the will of (Ansar) Allah.

would something like that even count as force majeure, since they (willingly?) went into an armed conflict area?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Al-Saqr posted:

ddubious twitter source but strangely interesting if true

https://x.com/megatron_ron/status/1741178532217213072?s=46

good; thank you President Xi

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Marenghi posted:

I'm just saying it's circumstantial but could point to her being bribed to say these things.

She claims she acted nice in front of cameras at release to protect those still in custody, but shouldn't that still apply. She knows they watch Israeli news, she tells us they showed her mother on the news. Her new testimony doesn't seem credible and to me comes across like Israel was busy trying find one released hostage with low scruples who would say what they've scripted.

Also I'll never be able to post like FF. I can't comprehend how he manages such effort posts from a phone. I can't phone post without numerous typos.

I would not be at all surprised that Israel was threatening and coercing former hostages to make the horror stories they want. Lol that even then she's literally just describing fair treatment as evil and scary. Probably knowing she'll get it worse down the track if she lies.

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

Horseshoe theory posted:

Did you ever play Ports of Call? An Amiga game from the late 80s.

If you tried to get oil from Basra and trade arms there you'd always get shelled by Iran. Since it was a warzone you got no insurance lol.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
interesting thread: https://twitter.com/MouinRabbani/status/1741288683066552754

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Marenghi posted:

I don't think she's intentionally lying, if she was told to make up atrocities, she would make up actual atrocities - not poo poo like a kid not giving her candy, or the Hamas guy not raping her, which she believes he totally would've if his wife wasn't around. It seems to me like she was genuinely, though irrationally, worried about getting attacked. I mean gently caress, in the full interview after telling the harrowing tale of children peeking into her room and a boy trolling her with a bag of candy, she says "It's about evil. How evil. They looked at me like an animal". I think she was just paranoid and had a twisted understanding of the situation.

Remember this?

Willa Rogers posted:

Even israeli moms held hostage have nice things to say about hamas.

https://twitter.com/ecomarxi/status/1738873394127417813

eta: :ssh: they weren't beaten nor sexually assaulted.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the full article is insane because they still want to destroy Gaza

https://www.timesofisrael.com/we-will-never-forgive-freed-hostages-describe-intense-fear-in-gaza-captivity/

While describing scenes of friendly interaction, Agam stressed that “I don’t want anyone to think we had it good there, that they’re good there, that we saw humanity there. We’re telling these stories, about the things that were slightly normal in an abnormal situation, because that’s what kept us just a bit sane.”

She added that before the attack, “We believed that there are no bad people — only people who have it bad. But there are bad people.”

Agam described one incident in which the family was staying at a school where “a nice woman welcomed us and offered us water and arranged a place for us to sleep,” and “I turned to my mother and said ‘There are good people in the world.'”

“And five minutes later, they shot a barrage of rockets from the school [into Israel] and everyone was shouting ‘Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar’ and I told her, ‘Forget what I said, they’re all the same.'”

“We will never forgive and we will never show any kind of empathy towards these people,” Agam said. “If we previously believed that there was a chance for peace, we’ve lost all faith in these people, especially after we were there and among the population.”
Most of the hostages were sitting there and seething with resentment despite not being beaten and mistreated, which skews how they view the situation.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 11:34 on Dec 31, 2023