Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wait till you hear what they sound like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Non Compos Mentis posted:

infestation of koalas, spreading their chlamydia all over the place

Don't doxx me

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

The Lone Badger posted:

Wait till you hear what they sound like.

You'd probably sound the same if you had chronic chlamydia and your dick was chafing on tree bark all day

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
What's worse, koalas grunting or the possums trying to get their sexy time on. Both sound demonic.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can add devils to that list if you live in Tasmania.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CAAAARRRRRPP is the worst

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wonder what a possum loving a koala sounds like

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
My God, the new Queen consort of Denmark is Tasmanian

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Peccadillo posted:

There is something bogan in the state of Denmark

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
I mean fits well with the double cliche of inbred Tasmania and inbred royals.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

The Peccadillo posted:

Our world domination plan is under way!

(plan pending)

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

She'll be the second most famous Danish-Australian ever, don't you worry about that!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Wombats are better than koalas.

Cuter too.

And they do cubical poos.

Wrap it up Blinky Bill. Your time is at an end.

Edit: I even wrote a poem about how awesome wombats are.

Oh wombat wombat.
So deadly in combat,
So brave and so handsome,
So noble and free,
Your enemies fear you,
They dare not come near you,
No matter how vicious or cunning they be.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 1, 2024

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Fighting a wombat would be like trying to kick the poo poo out of a giant sandbag. Probably break your foot before it felt anything.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://www.imgur.com/4pZDLRS.mp4

they make small ones now

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Outrail posted:

Fighting a wombat would be like trying to kick the poo poo out of a giant sandbag. Probably break your foot before it felt anything.

Especially a combat wombat.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Outrail posted:

It's pretty crazy, I've cared for some insane ones at smaller zoo's, it's a horrible squeaky screamy noise before they charge at you

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Wombat zoomies are the cutest. It's a shame they are being decimated by mange.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/aug/22/woman-attacked-by-wombat-thought-she-was-going-to-die

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 1, 2024

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/NHLJmlD.mp4

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
We should probably move away from rivers and floodplains now that we have a catastrophic floods season.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

sounds like the old oval office and his neighbour just wanted an excuse to kill a wombat.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Funky See Funky Do posted:

We should probably move away from rivers and floodplains now that we have a catastrophic floods season.

Normal people: yeah mate I guess that makes sen.....

Developers and yuppie fucksticks: :byodood:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

If it's black; fight back

If it's brown; lay down

If it's white; say goodnight

If it's a marsupial who the gently caress knows, punch it I guess? They're not that crazy for meat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Outrail posted:

More like a fluffy cinderblock.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inceltown posted:

CAAAARRRRRPP is the worst

Settle down, Urist.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

that looks just like another crossing between Wollombi and Broke, super sketch

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Would love to know how much time elapsed in between that car crossing and the bridge letting go

edit; she'll-be-right-mate.gif

edit 2; just saw the story on the ABC website, the guy filming reckons it was "seconds"

And re-watching, it seems like the trailer damages the bridge and causes it to let go - watch the blue mesh on the right as the trailer goes through the deepest bit

webmeister fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 2, 2024

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

webmeister posted:

Would love to know how much time elapsed in between that car crossing and the bridge letting go

edit; she'll-be-right-mate.gif

edit 2; just saw the story on the ABC website, the guy filming reckons it was "seconds"

And re-watching, it seems like the trailer damages the bridge and causes it to let go - watch the blue mesh on the right as the trailer goes through the deepest bit

I think the bridge started going as the car went over it, the trailer really hits a hole harder than the car did. The extra flow of water pulled the blue scrim while the gap in the bridge got bigger (It follows the water, not the trailer). Then, bye bridge.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
You can tell the camera person hasn't moved an inch

I'd bet my last dollar it was less than a minute

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I hope the local council bills the driver for a new bridge.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

With fangs that could pierce a human fingernail, the largest male specimen of the world's most venomous arachnid — discovered by chance — has found a new home at the Australian Reptile Park, where it will help save lives.

7.9cm funnel web. We're getting closer

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Some amazing mullets in town for summernats

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Victor Harbor shed mural revives South Australians' memories of forgotten grand prix

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Hmmmm, not sure if you've seen the movie "On The Beach"....

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lost or forgotten racetracks are my jam. port wakefield is another in SA that hosted the (pre f1) Aus GP, only the outline is still visible on satellite

https://www.google.com/maps/@-34.182957,138.1768665,1542m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

lost or forgotten racetracks are my jam

Well what about Oran Park or Amaroo Park in Sydney, or even Warwick Farm raceway?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I was idly wondering why a street near me was called "Grandstand Parade", and was astonished to discover there was once old race track :stare:

Victoria Park Raceway, in Zetland:
https://redfernnews.com.au/victoria-park-racecourse-a-look-back-at-zetlands-forgotten-sporting-venue/

Mostly horse racing, but pre-WWII they had car and motorcycle races there as well. Eventually it was the Leyland factory and now it's just apartments (and Gunyama Park)

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Catalina Park Katoomba

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Chrpno posted:

Well what about Oran Park or Amaroo Park in Sydney, or even Warwick Farm raceway?

I don't think any of the new roads of the oran park housing estate follow the layout of the old track, amaroo park had swanky acreage properties built on it and its general outline is still there due to the way it followed the land

You can still see turns 9 and 13 of Warwick farm though