Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard

The C2 Tournament was my favorite thing from AEW all year. Just a wonderful tournament and every match ranged from good to great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

The C2 has been great all around. Danielson vs. Kingston was pure Kings Road and cements Kingston as one of the great ones.

Most Power Alex
I like stories about fighters fighting because they are athletes and want to win. I'm ok with Triple Crown being the new most important title, and the world title is for dumb Fed like story lines that I can have fun riffing on. MJF is recreating the Codyverse with the world title, balance is being restored.

graph

aaag peanuts
the c2 loving owned and bryd/eddie was loving awesome, holy poo poo

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

the c2 loving owned and bryd/eddie was loving awesome, holy poo poo

beepo
Forum Veteran

Most Power Alex posted:

I like stories about fighters fighting because they are athletes and want to win.

super macho dude

This was all of us collectively watching the Eddie/Bryan match last night

Barry Bluejeans

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that guy was a delight, he was super into everything the whole way through the show

A Fancy Hat

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The C2 is already among the best things AEW's ever done and we still haven't gotten to the final match yet. Eddie v Mox is gonna be wild and emotional and violent.

They also excelled at telling so many other stories during the course of this thing considering it was a pure wrestling tourney. Daniel Garcia turns into a plucky underdog that took down the monstrous Brody King. Jay White remains the slimiest of the slimy heels. Claudio is willing to cheat to win. Bryan has transcended all levels of traditional heel and face and can flip flop from match to match and still feel like the same guy.

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

Skye Blue killed that match. Just pure savagery. It’s been a while since I saw Kris scraped off the mat like that

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

coconono posted:

Skye Blue killed that match. Just pure savagery. It’s been a while since I saw Kris scraped off the mat like that

avalanche code blue is fuckin awesome

super macho dude

I'm pretty sure Mox didn't bleed even ONCE during the C2 so you KNOW the final is going to be a bloodbath :unsmigghh:

El Gallinero Gros

super macho dude posted:

I'm pretty sure Mox didn't bleed even ONCE during the C2 so you KNOW the final is going to be a bloodbath :unsmigghh:

He bled some against Mark but you're probably right anyway

apophenium

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
It seems like Mox at least and possibly the TV shows as well have really toned down the blood. There was a solid chunk of the past year where there was blood on every episode. Seems less common now.

Chris James 2

apophenium posted:

It seems like Mox at least and possibly the TV shows as well have really toned down the blood. There was a solid chunk of the past year where there was blood on every episode. Seems less common now.

Seems like something related to a pending TV deal/negotiations that came from an order higher up

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

I will always hoot for blood

Prokhor Zakharov

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

super macho dude posted:

This was all of us collectively watching the Eddie/Bryan match last night

this guy ruled so hard, I looked for him every hardcam angle

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

this guy ruled so hard, I looked for him every hardcam angle

Hell yeah

Wintermutant

apophenium posted:

Hanger & Swerve used up this year's blood allotment

Barry Bluejeans

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
now that the C2 is officially complete I don't think there's any controversy in saying it's the best thing AEW's ever done

Erin M. Fiasco

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I loved every goddamn second of it. Go Eddie. :unsmith:

Barry Bluejeans

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
JOE

JOE

JOE

JOE

Erin M. Fiasco

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE

Shard

JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE JOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHN_cxkog7M

Shard

lol my best friend just texted me this

"I love this so much"

post hole digger

HH

Majinfoose

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Shard

A Fancy Hat

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Joe is champ.
Eddie’s the biggest man in the world now and he’s covered in gold.

And I’m sure opinions will differ but the Devil reveal was done perfectly. It made sense, it’s impactful, and if you thought Roddy and the Kingdom were corny idiots then they can just say “we were pretending to be idiots to be like MJF” for heel heat.

Ziggy Tzardust

“Take a hike, Tony. I’M running things now”

ChrisBTY

this glorious monument

I want Roddy to start screaming that Cole wore a mask but MJF is still the REAL Devil.

Anyway: Eddie belted up. Joe belted up. Life is mostly good.

Barry Bluejeans

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
they did a whole fuckoff video package for MJF and then had him lose clean in the middle to the howls of the hometown crowd

one of the best moments of the whole year, really

Shard

Barry Bluejeans posted:

they did a whole fuckoff video package for MJF and then had him lose clean in the middle to the howls of the hometown crowd

It was soo soo good hearing those fuckers chant bullshit

Most Power Alex
I would like to let out a cautious hoot and a optimistic holler.

post hole digger

Barry Bluejeans posted:

i almost lost hope the second that fuckin video package started. so good

Quantum of Phallus

Suplex Liberace

my guy Dustin Rhodes, old as hell, trustworthy as hell, rewarded when the traitor keith lee gets a case of the not working for me-ittis. Has a sweet match with Swerve on ppv no less.

On The Internet

Dustin is great, always has been, too!

haunted bong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Suplex Liberace posted:

my guy Dustin Rhodes, old as hell, trustworthy as hell, rewarded when the traitor keith lee gets a case of the not working for me-ittis. Has a sweet match with Swerve on ppv no less.

I seen this come up a coupla times now. Are you genuinely mistrustful of Keith Lee aggravating a injury? Are other people doubtful as well? I have no reason to doubt the big fella. Just curious, thanks.