Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Putting the belt on Toni is like having world champion Danhausen. Crowds love him!

Toni's an actual good wrestler though

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

This is the only honest aew discussion on the net.

been saying this

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

neoaxd posted:

Toni's an actual good wrestler though

Yeah sucks about literally everything weighing that fact down

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

This is the only honest aew discussion on the net.

unfortunately true

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

She's still having great matches and finding more wrinkles to the character and the TCM introduction was great :colbert: Much like with Roddy, they stumbled into something that got really hot and had to capitalize on it, but are now finding ways to tease the nuances out of it.

Mariah May is beating her on Dynamite.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah sucks about literally everything weighing that fact down

it's hard to say it's a shame other than your personal tastes. Are her segments doing good in the ratings? Are people buying tickets to see her? Is her merch selling well? I know crowds love her act. If the answer is yes to the other questions I'd have to say it is not a shame it's just a success.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

idc about any of that crap i care about my personal taste

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

idc about any of that crap i care about my personal taste

same. im a feels guy. as in i feel for the fast forward button when i see the aew womens division!!!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
what have been some of those great toni storm matches

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

vs momo watanabe

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Putting the belt on Toni is like having world champion Danhausen. Crowds love him!

People would love that. This place just isn't on the and wavelength as the average fan. That's good but if you want to run a national promotion you need to provide the pigs their slop because there are more pigs than wrestling fans.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Codependent Poster posted:

I think just saying that he will be available to take general questions at the end and to save anything for then would have helped. Add in something like "we'll only be answering questions about the show and the wrestler with me before that time" could work too.

Like everyone knows the questions were gonna be asked, so I think trying to cut it off before you get the scenario we got last night is a better idea than hoping nobody asks it at an awkward or inappropriate time. Because now we've got the image of Tony talking about harassment while looking like that.

poo poo stirring "journalist" in that crowd would have ignored those instructions and definitely asked the second the hat and shades were on. The guy who asked the same poo poo 3 times knew what he was there for. Hope he enjoyed the scrum

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hip attacks are still the dumbest loving move in wrestling though

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

People would love that. This place just isn't on the and wavelength as the average fan. That's good but if you want to run a national promotion you need to provide the pigs their slop because there are more pigs than wrestling fans.

TonykhanC2ratings.txt

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ppl actually are saying the abadon match was "Good" the standards are in aew hell. i will NEVER lower mine!!! [jamioe hayter returns] 5 stars.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

vs Shida

vs Jamie Hayter

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I rate the Abadon match "fine, I guess"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gumball Gumption posted:

Normies should watch WWE instead its for them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dave thought it stank and he's who i parrot my opinions from

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'll upgrade my programming accordingly

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Normies should watch WWE instead its for them

No that's about 1.5 million absolute freaks that they've captured. Normies just show up for WrestleMania.

Julia vs Abadon was garbage, Abadon apparently forgot all the improvements that got her into this push? Doesn't really matter as it was an obvious "build her up, lose, disappear again" move

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

[jamioe hayter returns] 5 stars.

Thats right

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shinjobi posted:

poo poo stirring "journalist" in that crowd would have ignored those instructions and definitely asked the second the hat and shades were on. The guy who asked the same poo poo 3 times knew what he was there for. Hope he enjoyed the scrum

Cageside Seats said it was three different people that asked about it: one from PWI, one from USA Today, and one from Wrestling Observer. I didn't watch the scrum so maybe they all just sounded alike, I dunno

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I think just saying that he will be available to take general questions at the end and to save anything for then would have helped. Add in something like "we'll only be answering questions about the show and the wrestler with me before that time" could work too.

Like everyone knows the questions were gonna be asked, so I think trying to cut it off before you get the scenario we got last night is a better idea than hoping nobody asks it at an awkward or inappropriate time. Because now we've got the image of Tony talking about harassment while looking like that.

Why does he need to say something that's just been standard operating procedure for years at this point? The people in that room know that a bunch of wrestlers are gonna come out and then Tony is gonna be alone, they've been there before.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

ppl actually are saying the abadon match was "Good" the standards are in aew hell. i will NEVER lower mine!!! [jamioe hayter returns] 5 stars.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Cageside Seats said it was three different people that asked about it: one from PWI, one from USA Today, and one from Wrestling Observer. I didn't watch the scrum so maybe they all just sounded alike, I dunno

no it was one single bad actor and that bad actor was...... nick hausmen wearing different hats

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

no it was one single bad actor and that bad actor was...... nick hausmen wearing different hats

He should have worn a false mustache too, that would've fooled everybody

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If only he had improv training

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yeah, they all sounded alike, so I thought they were the same person too. It was also the same question phrased slightly differently each time, all referencing "social media rumors" and with little regard to the victim. Everyone really came across like they wanted the gotcha points rather than any real, tangible answers, and that's where a lot of the frustration and confusion comes from.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

If only he had improv training

"I have a follow up question, Tony: yes, and?"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

its this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

goons have voice blindness

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It's called "sensory processing disorder", okay?? :colbert:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i swear it sounded like the same guy and it even was asked in the same broken scared way. Like each time the question was asked it sounded like they were trying to no offend Tony in asking it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i thought it was the same guy too lol

whoever kept asking the questions had a very nervous and shaky voice

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

Why does he need to say something that's just been standard operating procedure for years at this point? The people in that room know that a bunch of wrestlers are gonna come out and then Tony is gonna be alone, they've been there before.

To avoid exactly what happened last night.

You always treat things like this like it's the first time, doesn't matter if that's how it's been done for years. Maybe there's a new reporter there that doesn't know that's how it goes. What's the big deal with saying something like that beforehand?

It's not worth the risk and now Tony looks pretty dumb in talking about a serious issue while dressed completely unserious. If something had been brought up beforehand he could have said he'll address it later. For that matter that's how he should have answered it anyway.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Sounds to me he's doing the "Tony isn't treating me like the best very special boy that he should because I was a midcarder in WWE" act that Andrade, Miro, and Malakai are always pulling. See it's not being constantly injured that is keeping him off tv, it's that darned Tony Khan. But also, he had to be pulled from the ppv because he's injured.

Honestly, I'd argue that guys like Andrade, Miro and Malakai could and should be near the top of the card and could be featured talent. The issue is IMO, is that AEW is far too top heavy.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

To avoid exactly what happened last night.

You always treat things like this like it's the first time, doesn't matter if that's how it's been done for years. Maybe there's a new reporter there that doesn't know that's how it goes. What's the big deal with saying something like that beforehand?

It's not worth the risk and now Tony looks pretty dumb in talking about a serious issue while dressed completely unserious. If something had been brought up beforehand he could have said he'll address it later. For that matter that's how he should have answered it anyway.

I have to think they prep the room before Tony sits down / the scrum actually starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

He also talked about it twice without it on. gently caress up about the stupid hat.