Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

crepeface posted:

does the US think they somehow got better at bombing or Yemen got worse at being bombed

in the mysterious Occident, “face” is paramount. The US has been challenged on a matter of honor, and so their leaders feel they have no choice but to strike back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

i say swears online posted:

lol at this translated part of the quoted tweet

Incredible minds at work here

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Best Friends posted:

in the mysterious Occident, “face” is paramount. The US has been challenged on a matter of honor, and so their leaders feel they have no choice but to strike back.

lmao

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

crepeface posted:

does the US think they somehow got better at bombing or Yemen got worse at being bombed

Yemen will submit to the Rules Based International Order. Every bomb the US drops on it brings the country closer to freedom and democracy.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

...did he litter?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

The word "terrorism" is a magic spell that western countries use to dodge international law.

I love our Rules-Based International Order.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/IranObserver0/status/1741513537711735152

Is this true?

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Probably not, this is a disinformation account and they announced some wrong things before.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Houthis gonna make a buncha Georgia sailors howl.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

VoicesCanBe posted:

Is this true?

For sure

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Nonsense posted:

The Houthis gonna make a buncha Georgia sailors howl.

Houthi'n & howlerin'

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The purging of the ghetto is going well when you have to demobilize the troops to stop the economy from collapsing

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I want to tour the missile showroom

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Weka posted:

I would simply welcome him as a liberator

I ain't welcoming no rich failson

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Orange Devil posted:

This is what you learn every time you dig deep into resistance that was actually successful. The noble, reasonable resistance are all the ones that failed and were then brutally punished and the survivors oppressed even harder. Incidentally the latter group is the one we are primarily educated about as examples to follow if we wish to dissent. The former we are educated about, if we are at all, as history’s greatest monsters.

I guess there's also a thing where some successful resistances are whitewashed, like the Indian independence movement, where the focus is always on the non-violent aspects and ignores the concurrent violent resistance.
Also, I am wondering if this is a more recent phenomena. Thinking about the American and French revolutions, where afaik the former didn't involve a great deal of brutal repressions of the former rulers and succeeded whereas the later did and failed.

fosborb posted:

trying to explain this to people 2 months ago: have you ever heard of terrorists with a full arsenal of million dollar scuds?

dang this fellow has never heard of America. they will make anyone a mod!

Al-Saqr posted:

the houthis successfully did what that loser gamal abdel nasser couldnt do, incredible.

Well, Egypt did OK the first time, although Eilat was still being built it was operational from 1952 and up to 1956, only ten ships headed there passed through the Straits of Tiran.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I want to tour the missile showroom

I see we have a discerning customer on the lot today

what can I do to put you behind the wheel of this quality pre owned scud surface to surface missile today?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

BrotherJayne posted:

I ain't welcoming no rich failson

I would hardly characterize the guy who was behind the deadliest attack on American soil since Pearl Harbour, which has done more to degrade American military effectiveness than any single action perhaps ever, as a failure.
What is your standard of success that this proud Yemeni who gave his life fighting American empire does not meet it?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Strep Vote posted:

Trashy Tony still doing God's work I see. e beaten lol

Ok, I’ll just have to admit my ignorance now. Who is Trashy Tony?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

welp america is actually at war with houthis now

=======

Urgent | US Central Command: American helicopters returned fire in self-defense, sinking 3 boats and killing their crews.

https://x.com/aja_egypt/status/1741385979729002659?s=46

Al-Saqr posted:

Maersk suspends all red sea travel for 48 hours, begging and pleading america to not force them to keep sailing that route

Reuters: Maersk suspends all sailing operations through the Red Sea for 48 hours

https://x.com/AJArabic/status/1741396350971814076?s=20

what I take from this is after the coalition navy fell apart, the usn sent troops to garrison maersk ships and promised quick reaction air support… and that isn’t working either lol

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

If people knew that I identified more with those Ansar Allah dudes that got killed than with the people who killed them I'd probably get kicked out of college and lose my job lol

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Ok, I’ll just have to admit my ignorance now. Who is Trashy Tony?

There was a guy who posted itt who claimed to be a malingerer in the IDF who basically went AWOL constantly and stole poo poo from the base to fence before finally getting dishonorably discharged after his like dozenth time getting caught

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

The USS Constitution and the USS Texas will be deployed to the Red Sea

The HMS Belfast is probably unironically the best thing the royal navy has afloat atm

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Owlbear Camus posted:

I see we have a discerning customer on the lot today

what can I do to put you behind the wheel of this quality pre owned scud surface to surface missile today?

I'm on an RPG-2 budget

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Chillgamesh posted:

If people knew that I identified more with those Ansar Allah dudes that got killed than with the people who killed them I'd probably get kicked out of college and lose my job lol

yeah it owns

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I don't really identify with anyone in that situation because I'm a soft guy who makes coffee for a living but I'm definitely rooting for the Yemenis

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

I don't really identify with anyone in that situation because I'm a soft guy who makes coffee for a living but I'm definitely rooting for the Yemenis

just imagine that the shipping magnates called in a catering box with less than 15 minutes notice, showed up late, didn’t tip and left a negative yelp review because the coffee was cold

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Motaz update, very very sad

https://twitter.com/azaizamotaz9/status/1741508870688707050?t=Fp1AcwIIUz1dgY4852ER6A&s=19

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/stairwayto3dom/status/1741436636263510127

https://twitter.com/Kahlissee/status/1741059053844070426

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

how much do these billboard trucks cost to hire out for a day

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Mr. Sharps posted:

just imagine that the shipping magnates called in a catering box with less than 15 minutes notice, showed up late, didn’t tip and left a negative yelp review because the coffee was cold

God is great. It's war

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

you owe Yemen your livelihood. coffee is from there!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
rockets over tel aviv just as the clock hit midnight. happy new year.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dearborn and Southeast MI as a whole is going to cost Biden Michigan and I love it. Saw like 10 people wearing keffiyehs when Xmas shopping last Saturday and it was great

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how much do these billboard trucks cost to hire out for a day

Any truck can be a billboard truck with the right know-how

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

israelis watching Come and See think the photo scene is something to emulate

they'd be disappointed he doesn't shoot the kid

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

what’s the unknown European country?

I’m thinking it’s Poland or something, and in name only

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1741490989313704183?s=46

Dutch news is still saying we might send a ship, so loving lol if we are dumb enough to stick our dick into that beehive. RIP port of Rotterdam I guess.

Weka
May 5, 2019

India has deployed 4 destroyers to points around the Arabian sea.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/4-indian-navy-warships-on-high-seas-after-strike-101703528266384.html posted:

Indian warship INS Kolkata is already on the mouth of the Red Sea awaiting instructions from New Delhi in case any further intervention is required. Destroyer INS Kochi is in north Arabian Sea and destroyers INS Visakhapatnam and INS Chennai are already operating on the high seas to ensure that sea lines are kept open and any military obstruction is countered immediately.

There is also an Indonesian corvette currently off Oman just east of the Yemeni border, headed to the eastern Mediterranean where it will take part in UNIFIL operations including training exercises with the Lebanese navy. I suppose this was planned prior to October however.

As far as the unnamed third country in America's anti-Yemen coalition, I'm presuming France, who are actively doing intercepts currently. They are probably trying not to attract attention whilst doing it.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
India desperate for Israeli approval. Sad

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://x.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1741560926220726504?s=20

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks