Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

I have to think they prep the room before Tony sits down / the scrum actually starts.

I hope so! It seems like that would be a normal thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Codependent Poster posted:

To avoid exactly what happened last night.

You always treat things like this like it's the first time, doesn't matter if that's how it's been done for years. Maybe there's a new reporter there that doesn't know that's how it goes. What's the big deal with saying something like that beforehand?

It's not worth the risk and now Tony looks pretty dumb in talking about a serious issue while dressed completely unserious. If something had been brought up beforehand he could have said he'll address it later. For that matter that's how he should have answered it anyway.

Nobody loving cares about the stupid hat he was wearing, dude.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I disagree because it's loving hilarious

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1741340959126835488

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gently caress off

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tony hire me to be your hat handler, I’ll make sure you never look too stupid as long as you keep pushing Swerve

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shocking to see that nobody is considering this could be another act of ex-fed sabotage like Bill Regal :tinfoil:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

yea ok posted:

gently caress off

lol

it's okay to laugh at the man wearing a silly hat and sunglasses while saying "it's something we're very serious about"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MJeff posted:

Nobody loving cares about the stupid hat he was wearing, dude.

Write an thinkpiece about it and get lots of clicks and retweets.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
They should hire me, I'll made this fed good.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

no idea what’s happening in this thread

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

Write an thinkpiece about it and get lots of clicks and retweets.

No, sir, I will be writing another "The Devil" thinkpiece, because that's what you do when you have self-respect.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Everyone is shoot mad in the AEW Hell Thread :/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lol

it's okay to laugh at the man wearing a silly hat and sunglasses while saying "it's something we're very serious about"

You can't go "this is something very serious and he should've done it this way so he could avoid what happened" and then go "lol look we're just laughing it's okay to laugh". Pick a lane, jackass.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

You can't go "this is something very serious and he should've done it this way so he could avoid what happened" and then go "lol look we're just laughing it's okay to laugh". Pick a lane, jackass.

I can. Seems like a skill issue.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm glad he wore the hat and glasses cause it means the roster is probably chill with him

That's nice, and better than walking on eggshells around him or fearing high school gossip gets back to him by a man who's 70 dressing like he's still managing the Hardys

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sex Farm posted:

Everyone is shoot mad in the AEW Hell Thread :/

Much like AEW itself, here’s hoping for a fresh start in 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Much like AEW itself, here’s hoping for a fresh start in 2024

Much like AEW, it just gets worse in 2024 Bay bay!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Shinjobi posted:

I'm glad he wore the hat and glasses cause it means the roster is probably chill with him

That's nice, and better than walking on eggshells around him or fearing high school gossip gets back to him by a man who's 70 dressing like he's still managing the Hardys

It's also entirely possible that TK being chill with the roster is what's led to some of the problems AEW's had over the last year or so

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd still take that over the alternative. Like yeah, he's got to draw the line somewhere but that line can still be drawn. Setting up a system like the WWE did isn't really something you can walk back, no matter how many you fire.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm really really sorry I said gently caress off to the wwe loving guy. Let's all bring it in for 2024. 🤼 <- I think this is a hug

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

Why?

Yes I can absolutely say that they should have done such and such to avoid that from happening and then say it was funny that it happened.

But if you want me to pick a lane I'll pick the one that's laughing at how ridiculous it was. Do you feel better now?

yea ok posted:

I'm really really sorry I said gently caress off to the wwe loving guy. Let's all bring it in for 2024. 🤼 <- I think this is a hug

I'm not Kozlov but I accept your apology, buddy. I'm just here to enjoy all wrestling and how ridiculous it can be. Like when they had demon voices for the All Out scrum. You can't write this stuff.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 31, 2023

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Was the controversy related to Jericho? What even happened? I'm not trying to start anything but I don't really know where else to ask, lol.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Was the controversy related to Jericho? What even happened? I'm not trying to start anything but I don't really know where else to ask, lol.

A scumbag pretending to be a journalist said on a podcast called Rumors & Innuendo that Jericho is a Harvey Weinstein level predator. He said this to clap back at Jericho tweeting bad things to Jim Cornette's lawyer. There is not a single actual allegation or any proof or evidence about anything beyond a facebook post in 2019 from Vito Thomaselli, and Kylie Rae tweeting a heart emoji. (There is an unsubstantiated rumor that Kylie Rae left AEW because of Chris Jericho doing....something untowards.)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not Kozlov but I accept your apology, buddy. I'm just here to enjoy all wrestling and how ridiculous it can be. Like when they had demon voices for the All Out scrum. You can't write this stuff.

Ya I just get a little lashy and QQ when it comes to stuff like SA. When it's Phil going nuclear on the cucamonga kids it's a lot easier to laugh about.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Quoting Gavok from the WWE thread in GBS, because it's a pretty good summary of things so far:

Gavok posted:

Yeah, so Chris Jericho got in a tiff with this guy Nick Hausman who I've best heard described as CM Punk's Renfield. Like all the backstage news he releases is just stuff Punk told him. Anyway, he was on a podcast where he claimed that Jericho had behavior comparable to Harvey Weinstein, which... Jesus Christ.

So back when AEW started up, there was this woman Kylie Rae who was going to be the top female star, but left the company almost immediately due to mysterious reasons. Some thought it had something to do with Cody and Brandi Rhodes pushing her around or something, but it was later accepted that she has anxiety issues and wasn't as comfortable being in such a position on such a potentially big stage. There were apparently some lesser-known rumors that she was asked to go to Jericho's locker room under the assumption that others would be there, only found Jericho, he "made a pass at her" (the level of how bad is vague) and she freaked out. Kylie has since dismissed those rumors, but earlier today liked some Tweets about Jericho's alleged behavior. Then she hid or undid her likes because she was suddenly under the microscope.

It's a situation where Jericho is either being accused by a dipshit out of revenge or Jericho is just as bad as accused, which still makes Hausman look terrible because why are you holding onto this information so you can throw it out for internet clout? Either way, it puts Kylie in a hosed up position.

This translated into tonight's PPV. Jericho was in an eight-man tag and the crowd poo poo on him throughout, chanting, "NDA!" and "KYLE RAE!" at times. There were even anti-Jericho signs that were snatched by security after being seen on the hard cam. Considering this was one of Sting's final matches, there was this feeling of second-hand embarrassment through it all.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Thanks, Phil!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Thanks guys! Wrestling discourse is, to be quite frank, a bit ridiculous.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

yea ok posted:

Ya I just get a little lashy and QQ when it comes to stuff like SA. When it's Phil going nuclear on the cucamonga kids it's a lot easier to laugh about.

Oh yeah please don't think I'm trying to downplay the SA allegations and anything resulting to that. All the "reporters" about it have been shitheads for using it for clout or clicks or whatever and whoever decided to ask the question at that time with Julia up there was dumb as hell.

The main thing I'm finding hilarious about it all is just the phrase Tony said about taking things seriously while wearing that. It's just like... someone compared it to an I Think You Should Leave sketch and that's kinda what it is.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Quick q is this cringe or based

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That rules actually

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

dustin based god

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Based. He’s tweeting in kayfabe. Fair play to him for covering for Keith Lee’s case of wontjobitis

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it’s funny but it’s also during a time where aew wrestlers need to shut the gently caress up on social media so i am split

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tony should have known the scrum would turn to very obvious hard questions at some point, very funny that he decided to wear the dumb hat. Sorry if this offends. I’m sorry.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Oh yeah please don't think I'm trying to downplay the SA allegations and anything resulting to that. All the "reporters" about it have been shitheads for using it for clout or clicks or whatever and whoever decided to ask the question at that time with Julia up there was dumb as hell.

The main thing I'm finding hilarious about it all is just the phrase Tony said about taking things seriously while wearing that. It's just like... someone compared it to an I Think You Should Leave sketch and that's kinda what it is.

Time to put TK in a hot dog costume.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it’s funny but it’s also during a time where aew wrestlers need to shut the gently caress up on social media so i am split

then again, its just goldustin. who cares, really.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is anyone actually upset about the hat and sunnies or are people just worried that some other as yet unknown third-party will see it and get upset

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

Is anyone actually upset about the hat and sunnies or are people just worried that some other as yet unknown third-party will see it and get upset

wwe junkie is sending it to the head of the FTC

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

dave thought it stank and he's who i parrot my opinions from

why go with dave when the tony-endorsed 3.31 from cagematch is right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Quick q is this cringe or based