Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

trevorreznik posted:

100%. They stunk. I got season tickets for $200 for 10 games as a student and sat in the end zone.

That is an amazing deal for season tickets, yet given what you witnessed, you should have received a refund.
I forgot Dick Jauron was the coach, too. Dire.

I apologize for derailing this thread. Should be talking about QBs, not about a team that doesn't even know what one is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
No it's a cool story and very funny

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Jax without Lawrence is still -4 against Carolina. Vegas still ain't buying Bryce.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AndrewP posted:

Jax without Lawrence is still -4 against Carolina. Vegas still ain't buying Bryce.

Jags are at home and have a much better record - so it stands to reason. Carolina still hasn't had a lead in regulation in the 4th qtr. That being said the Jags oline is pretty terrible, the panthers secondary is back healthy so if Brian Burns decides he wants to actually - try instead of being absolutely putrid like last week I don't mind our chances.

All I care about the last two games are the momentum continues for Bryce and co. I don't care one bit about the result - I'll celebrate if we win but still. I think the improvements in the offense have been really obvious and the game last week was the flash everyone's been wanting to see, at least in my opinion. Now go do it for the remaining games.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

pasaluki posted:

True story the Bears played all of their home games in Champaign, Illinois in 2002.

The Chicago based Bears fans traveled in droves to attend the games, and the vast majority were great.

There were a few though who would just bitch about everything from the hot dogs not having right kind of mustard or not being done in the proper Chicago way, to the bathrooms not being where they wanted.

They thought the whole area stunk... like literally smelled bad, which that one is probably true because there is a Kraft cheese factory that spends all day spewing noxious fumes.

But certain fans would not stop bitching about it to the point where someone finally said
"I found where the source of that stench is" and pointed towards the Bears sideline.

The Chicago Bears finished the season 4-12.

Would the Gatorade bath post game count as a Champaign Shower that year?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BlindSite posted:

Jags are at home
The Jaguars have not won a game in Jacksonville this year.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You're making GBS threads me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They've won two, or four if you count week 18 and the wild card playoffs from last season

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This would be the Jags' first win in Jacksonville in over a month (Nov 19) and their third win total there this year

They literally have as much wins in London right now, their long-rumored next home, as they do their current actual home this year. Frankly it's good marketing for the move, if anything

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nervous posted:

You're making GBS threads me.
Apparently I was! I blame the newborn.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

drat Ethan Hunt wasn't holding back that time

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

this guy is disparaging the legacy of zack kustok, brett basanez, and dan persa in this thread

the worst butchering of jacques cousteau i've ever seen

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

Carr was sacked 68 times in 2005.

Curse of Tony Boselli did not gently caress around.

This is just like pure memory and 20 years after the fact but I remember a lot of Carr's sacks being running out of bounds on a scramble a couple yards behind the LOS

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

This is just like pure memory and 20 years after the fact but I remember a lot of Carr's sacks being running out of bounds on a scramble a couple yards behind the LOS

I remember a commercial for espns MNF where they CGI’d away carrs offensive line pre snap

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Are you sure there was CGI involved?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Carr being sacked 68 times equates to 72 times in a 17 game season. New York Giants have allowed 77 sacks through 15 games.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-sacks-allowed-by-team-2023-to-2024

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think Bryce's momentum has been stopped dead.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think Bryce's momentum has been stopped dead.

Tbf his mass is way too low to carry much momentum.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

did bryce ever have momentum?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There hasn't been one game all year where Bryce has looked like he belongs, no

Games where he didn't look this bad, yes, but that's like finding new depths at the bottom of the earth. Not necessarily a good statement

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Counterpoint: When he played the Green Bay Packers

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

xbilkis posted:

Counter counter point so did that Italian dude that got benched a week later

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh, it's one of those things. There's a bunch of things that looked better the last couple weeks. Pretty much all of it went out the window today. TBH it doesn't really matter anyway, we're a week away from another house cleaning and another coaching staff search and probably front office changes.

Franchise is hosed and Bryce has no chance anyway.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
hope bryce looks great next week & wins so we can jettison bowles and so the panthers spend all offseason convincing themselves bryce has turned the corner

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Relentlessboredomm posted:

hope bryce looks great next week & wins so we can jettison bowles and so the panthers spend all offseason convincing themselves bryce has turned the corner

Nope, that went out the window this week. It is going to take way too much between roster turnover and getting the right coach and GM in place to make him look passable, and that poo poo just ain't happening.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

ozymandius1024 posted:

Nope, that went out the window this week. It is going to take way too much between roster turnover and getting the right coach and GM in place to make him look passable, and that poo poo just ain't happening.

There's some vid of Tepper chucking half of a drink out of his luxury suite onto some Jags fans and then storming away.

Keep the faith! He's ready to snap!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I can't believe that the Panthers are about to cut Bryce and he'll be struggling to get a backup job in the UFL here but them's the breaks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

xbilkis posted:

Nah, packers went to a downy soft prevent in the fourth. Stats before that were primo Bryce

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

BlindSite posted:

Eh, it's one of those things. There's a bunch of things that looked better the last couple weeks. Pretty much all of it went out the window today. TBH it doesn't really matter anyway, we're a week away from another house cleaning and another coaching staff search and probably front office changes.

Franchise is hosed and Bryce has no chance anyway.

Welp I think that's the last holdout on the misery train. Anyone else ride or die for Bryce or can we just call this whole thing a whoopsie?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

zimbomonkey posted:

Welp I think that's the last holdout on the misery train. Anyone else ride or die for Bryce or can we just call this whole thing a whoopsie?

you never know, he could hit a growth spurt in the offseason!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So yeah obviously now just give Lamar the MVP. I've been sated.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Justin fields

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/itszacharyj/status/1741670698798514472

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jordan Love

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Bears should absolutely keep Fields, 1000%, I say this with no self-serving interests.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Bears would be beyond dumb to not draft a QB first overall.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Our tiny fragile QB just needs to go to a new and loving home in Detroit.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kirios posted:

Bears would be beyond dumb to not draft a QB first overall.

Counterpoint they are the Chicago Bears and the laws of the universe dictate the QB they draft WILL be ruined

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Wow it's pretty impressive Purdy was able to put up the gaudy stats he did without even a Pro Bowl WR. Really carrying that team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Papercut posted:

Wow it's pretty impressive Purdy was able to put up the gaudy stats he did without even a Pro Bowl WR. Really carrying that team.

If you think that’s impressive, Lamar Jackson is going to win the MVP without any pro bowl skill position players at all!