Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Renegret posted:

My problem with the cart return at Costco is that there aren't enough of them. I take my kid with me to go shopping pretty often. There's no chance I'm taking my eyes off of him for a second in a parking lot so I make him get in the car and buckle in while I'm loading it up. But I also tend to park towards the back of the lot where there's no cart returns so now I'm stuck either leaving my son alone in my car unsupervised in a busy parking lot while I return it, or just leave the cart behind. I hate both options.

Leave kid in the cart, stand with cart while unloading cart into the trunk, push cart and kid to the cart return, carry kid back. You can’t leave the fox with the chicken, the chicken with the corn, or the kid with the Pirate Booty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Casio x Costco bundle piano for chrimmas this year

Petey enjoys his new perch.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Taima posted:

I'm honestly cool with the people who park weird.

The only thing lame enough to get me mad n sassy at Costco is the people who park their stupid loving cart in a random flower bed or whatever because the closest cart receptacle thing has the gall to be upwards of 40 feet away.

Look I'm not god; or anything; but if it was my choice, when someone does murders I would be like "well let's hear the context first, who can say" but if someone didn't put their cart back? oooh boy they are going straight to hell

skiddly weep wee-oop!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The Rao’s frozen eggplant parm is astonishingly good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Renegret posted:

My problem with the cart return at Costco is that there aren't enough of them. I take my kid with me to go shopping pretty often. There's no chance I'm taking my eyes off of him for a second in a parking lot so I make him get in the car and buckle in while I'm loading it up. But I also tend to park towards the back of the lot where there's no cart returns so now I'm stuck either leaving my son alone in my car unsupervised in a busy parking lot while I return it, or just leave the cart behind. I hate both options.

:agreed:

My Costco parking lot is massive but I've only ever seen two cart returns, probably just one, in the 5 or 6 isles I ever go down. It's truly insane. I always just walk my cart all the way back inside.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That is bizzare. Mine is lousy with them.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
a couple weeks ago i watched someone load up their car and then leave their cart in the adjacent parking space. happens all the time i guess, but they had parked directly across the aisle from a cart return. it would have been like ten steps to return it, and another ten steps back to the car.

i guess some people are just not considerate even with the most minimal amount of energy required to do the right thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Remulak posted:

The Rao’s frozen eggplant parm is astonishingly good.

I finally saw a commercial for Rao’s marinara the other day and learned I was pronouncing it wrong the entire time. It’s pronounced “Rao’s” if anyone is wondering.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Cartoon Man posted:

I finally saw a commercial for Rao’s marinara the other day and learned I was pronouncing it wrong the entire time. It’s pronounced “Rao’s” if anyone is wondering.

I thought it was pronounced Sword

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Raluek posted:

a couple weeks ago i watched someone load up their car and then leave their cart in the adjacent parking space. happens all the time i guess, but they had parked directly across the aisle from a cart return. it would have been like ten steps to return it, and another ten steps back to the car.

i guess some people are just not considerate even with the most minimal amount of energy required to do the right thing.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

:hmmyes:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

this is ableism

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Yep.

pentyne posted:

this is ableism

Presumably if you have a cart in the first place you can manage before you had it, thus can manage after you don't have it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ yeah this

pentyne posted:

this is ableism

If you were able to use the cart throughout the store and all the way up to your car then you can fuckin' take it back.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

pentyne posted:

this is ableism

ok

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Got 20 lbs of loin for basically $1.15/lb thanks to the $8 discount.

Currently marinating 2lb of it for dinner, now I need to find a bunch of pork loin recipes because there's another 9 meals to be made out of the remainder

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

pentyne posted:

this is ableism

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

https://youtube.com/@CartNarcs?si=48UYOGN_2-i6oiMn

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

edit: ^^^ yeah this

If you were able to use the cart throughout the store and all the way up to your car then you can fuckin' take it back.

I know someone who will regularly use a shopping cart in place of a walker, so you may be over reaching with your assumption.

Not touching the discourse around returning carts, just trying to correct this point.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

pentyne posted:

this is ableism

Shut up stupid bitch.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Excuse me please consider the inherent ableism in your demands for good posting

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Went to church today and it wasn’t busy at all

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

B33rChiller posted:

Casio x Costco bundle piano for chrimmas this year

Petey enjoys his new perch.

cat approved kirkland quality :haibrow:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

B33rChiller posted:

I know someone who will regularly use a shopping cart in place of a walker, so you may be over reaching with your assumption.

:confused:
How'd they get the cart in the first place though, saying someone uses it as a walker (hello my SO's grandmother) doesn't change the fact that the arrive at the store sans cart.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

KakerMix posted:

How'd they get the cart in the first place though, saying someone uses it as a walker (hello my SO's grandmother) doesn't change the fact that the arrive at the store sans cart.

It’s a healthcare provided shopping cart.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

bucksmash posted:

Got 20 lbs of loin for basically $1.15/lb thanks to the $8 discount.

Currently marinating 2lb of it for dinner, now I need to find a bunch of pork loin recipes because there's another 9 meals to be made out of the remainder

Slice them into cutlets, make way too much tonkatsu, then make the tonkatsu into katsudon. I made way too much tonkatsu this week and though it wasn't from Enormous Costco Pork Logs it should work fine with that, maybe even better considering how small boneless chops seem to be at most places nowadays.

if you're not up on your delicious breaded pork cutlet technique Kenji did a video for it recently, also a katsudon one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dg7kSKrSnk

He also did a series on oven pulled pork earlier this year, and while that was done with pork shoulder (and is real good, I've made it a few times) I bet a big chunk of loin would probably work well for it too. I cut mine up for two larger roasts and the rest as cutlets so I'm probably going to try one for pulled pork in a week or so.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

KakerMix posted:

My mom deliberately parks near carts in the parking lot, like next to the cart that’s chilling by itself on an island.

regardless I would suggest not getting your sense of morality from 4chan

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Yeah, that's the part I wasn't going to argue about. Just that assuming you see someone using something in a certain way shouldn't lead to assumptions about their abilities overall.
It started to sound like it could be a preamble to "well they don't look disabled, why do they get a special parking permit" kind of things.

Our local is usually great for carts going where they should, and the fella I usually see running around the lot appears to enjoy cart duty, so no fight nor dog in it here.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The cart I grab is always the loose one I find on the way in. Also sometimes I will park in a non-spot at the far end of a row if there's nothing else. Truly I am a land of contrasts

Gawr Gooner
Mar 3, 2023
Tbh I put my carts on top of the car next to my car.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

i don't have a dog in this hunt, but i saw an old guy using an empty shopping cart as a walker fall flat on his face once when it slipped away because he leaned on it too hard. i don't recommend them as mobility aids.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Those breaded frozen chicken chunks are truly a new staple. I found Panda Express sells all their sauces now at grocery stores and I tossed them in their Orange Chicken sauce. So good.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

One time a lady left a cart in the adjacent space but she did it as I was pulling in and blocking her from leaving so I just got out of the car and made her wait while I slowly returned the cart to the corral

In retrospect I’m lucky I didn’t get shot

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

B33rChiller posted:

Not touching the discourse around returning carts, just trying to correct this point.

There was a period of time after I broke my leg when I'd lie to myself and say I could handle shopping. I could handle the walk into the store, and I could support myself with the cart while I was shopping, but the pain would accumulate to the point where I'd get back to the car, look at the cart return a million miles away, look at a nearby curb, and make my decision.

But yes, if you can walk without pain, you should walk the cart to the cart return.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

when i go to the grocery store im usually not getting that much so i just carry everything in my arms but then everyone clowned on dr oz for doing the same thing so now im getting self conscious about it

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

When I lived in NJ I always returned the cart because it cost a quarter to get the drat cart to begin with.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Tim Whatley posted:

Those breaded frozen chicken chunks are truly a new staple. I found Panda Express sells all their sauces now at grocery stores and I tossed them in their Orange Chicken sauce. So good.

I recently tried those finally because of the hype surrounding them, and they have become my go to whenever I need/want to use chicken for something.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Airconswitch posted:

Lol

Stealing this

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pencilhands posted:

when i go to the grocery store im usually not getting that much so i just carry everything in my arms but then everyone clowned on dr oz for doing the same thing so now im getting self conscious about it

Bring a big bag. If it gets too heavy to carry you know you’ve gone too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Airconswitch posted:

thread title