Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The thing that always bugs me is that most of the things in the consumables tab aren't consumable, but the tab won't load until it's fetched all the thumbnails anyway!

(Seriously just add a currencies tab)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Loadouts have been amazing and so good for the game. But also not being able to delete or lock loadouts is pretty insane.

I also wish there was an option to save loadouts without weapons, because sometimes I would like to just have everything but the weapons cause I am just loving around with various things.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
You can delete loadouts in dim but it should def be in game

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The thing that always bugs me is that most of the things in the consumables tab aren't consumable, but the tab won't load until it's fetched all the thumbnails anyway!

(Seriously just add a currencies tab)

And/or give me the option to delete a full stack of whatsits (thinking about the Altar of Summoning offerings in particular) instead of one at a time.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

This seems like a dumb question but if I am just chilling and levelling my dude and am around 1780ish until the next round of pinnacles/powerfuls next week, I am too underlevelled for Coil right? I can't figure out how to progress any further through the season story without doing the Coil and I don't want to give anyone the shits more than I usually do.

I unlocked banner of war after that diabolical fight in the calus arena with the tormentor and felt like I was too underlevelled to be doing that but now I appear to be thoroughly unkillable after using my melee once or twice in a fight

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Is legend Savathûn's Spire really the only way of getting a guaranteed season of the Witch deepsight weapon? I suck at it and it's embarrassing, and I feel like I'm just wasting my teammates time, but there doesn't seem to be anything else except the weekly cards which I already used up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You could just spend witch engrams until a deepsight pops up.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Thinking posted:

This seems like a dumb question but if I am just chilling and levelling my dude and am around 1780ish until the next round of pinnacles/powerfuls next week, I am too underlevelled for Coil right? I can't figure out how to progress any further through the season story without doing the Coil and I don't want to give anyone the shits more than I usually do.

I unlocked banner of war after that diabolical fight in the calus arena with the tormentor and felt like I was too underlevelled to be doing that but now I appear to be thoroughly unkillable after using my melee once or twice in a fight
coils like all seasonal content since Lightfall dropped - it's going to be a certain amount of light above your current light. So at an average of 1780, you're going to fight against 1785 to start, then 1790, then 1795

rinse repeat until the opposition is 20 LL above you.

If you queue with someone at 1810, it scales incoming/outgoing damage, so they'll fight 1815s, 1820s, etc.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MJeff posted:

You could just spend witch engrams until a deepsight pops up.
I've been doing that and had maybe 2 patterns. Still got the sniper, mg and launcher to go.

I'm sure I'll probably get them by the end of the season but bleeehhh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, you can keep keep doing normal mode and popping witch engrams at the mercy of RNG, or do legend spire for guaranteed drops. Those are your options.

None of the season of the witch weapons outside of Eremite are good anyway, so.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I’ve spent the last few nights trying to farm up a red bar BXR using the quest glitch (drop Xur’s Dares quest on step two and the chest will always be full of BXR instead of anything else). I’m on my 15 or 20th BXR already and not a single red bar yet. Sad thing is I only need one and I can craft it and I’m out of deep sight harmony for the season so I am just stuck running dares.

At least it isn’t the worst and they only take like 10 minutes? I still need The Other Half too. Just frustrating.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Do you really need them that badly?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
BxR is an absolutely ridiculous pvp gun, Other Half is mainly just utility and if you don't already have an Eager Edge roll

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao I faced GernaderJake, almost beat him, lost a round because I didn't realize how far out of the cap point you can stand and contest it, and turns out my duo stack were cheaters

PvPs so hosed but it was a good laugh about it after

MJeff posted:

Well, you can keep keep doing normal mode and popping witch engrams at the mercy of RNG, or do legend spire for guaranteed drops. Those are your options.

None of the season of the witch weapons outside of Eremite are good anyway, so.

Someone tricked me into getting a crafted Semiotician with field prep and bipod

I fired a lot of rockets that didn't do anything at all lmao

ex post facho posted:

BxR is an absolutely ridiculous pvp gun, Other Half is mainly just utility and if you don't already have an Eager Edge roll

The Battler owns and is kicking rear end in GMs right now. It's not optimal or whatever but the BXR rounds are never leaving my crafted roll. My eager edge Other Half just means I can auto-delete other swords because I don't care

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I keep my Semiotician because I like having one of every crafted weapon. It'd be my only Strand rocket launcher if I didn't have a better-rolled Crowning Duologue.

The damage that the BXR can kick out in PvE surprised me, glad I grinded Dares of Eternity enough for the red borders

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The Dares weapons are fun and good, like a lot of weapons in the game. I think the patterns are worth getting. The BXR, Wastelander and swords are all great for various reasons.

I never intend to farm seasonal patterns but have never had a problem getting them, but yeah, Witch weapons let me down. Was hoping for some unique and interesting combos but they're largely pretty generic, outside Eremite (which will 100% be powercrept soon lol).

Kept Confidence, the 120 HC was a big let down, I get that it was aimed at PvP because HC, but they're great in PvE now, but it didn't offer anything there. I don't usually mind if seasonal stuff isn't exceptional (every new thing being better is literal powercreep) but they all got significantly outclassed by world and playlist weapons and that is something that shouldn't really happen.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Cheap Trick posted:

I keep my Semiotician because I like having one of every crafted weapon. It'd be my only Strand rocket launcher if I didn't have a better-rolled Crowning Duologue.
I have two of them. One is Field Prep/Explosive Light and the other is Impulse Amplifier/Bipod. It's done quite well in terms of damage. If I'm running a Strand build, I can double up on Harmonic Scavengers to feed the strand special (Volta Bracket, Swordbreaker, Nox Pereniallis, Scatter Signal) as well as the strand heavy (Marcato, Semiotician) while using a solar weapon to leverage Flint Striker to get Radiant for crits, or using void to trigger Nezarec's Sin.

I love bipod this season because of argent ordnance, but also because sometimes hitting an overload champ with a rocket won't do a whole bunch of damage, so bipod often lets you double tap an overload champ, which with overload rockets does a whopping +80% extra damage to overload champs per rocket. I even crafted the reconstruction/bipod Apex Predator, and it's one of my favorite rockets for short damage phases. You whip it out, dump 4 rockets into a target with extra damage from Argent Ordnance, and then backpack it to deal with adds, swap to your fusion to do more damage, so on. Scavengers with bipod on a rocket launcher with reserve mods can actually give you 5 rockets per purple brick and 2 per half brick. I run an exotic primary in a lot of cases with an ammo finder and scout to generate bricks every 13 kills or so.

If you have 22 minutes to spare, a guy did a deep dive between HotHead and Crux Termination IV. Verdict on Bipod is that the DPS is worse, but the overall damage is about the same. Makes things less make or break from individual rockets, and frees you up to use rockets to bust majors and other minibosses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLva0lEH1yE

edit: it's also pretty much free to craft these, a full coil run refunds the materials necessary to make and full masterwork a crafted weapon.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I keep a few rockets with Chain Reaction or Cluster Bomb for fun crowd clearing alongside the Explosive Light, etc etc crew. Sometimes the real satisfaction is a lot of boom.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've had Beyond Light since launch. I finally got Cloudstrike.

Still no catalyst though

Lmao

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The Dares shotgun and grenade launcher are loving incredible because of how well the trait works with them. They're already Lightweight so you can pull them from your pocket in an instant, but Hot Swap makes them even faster. Exceptionally effective, I love those drat things.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why do people think they can do LFG GMs without mics, man. Why. Why do people think they can do GMs without mics and then just loving die in situations that would've easily been averted if you just loving TURNED ON YOUR MIC AND TALKED.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I'm conq 5 and I've only ever turned my mic on for three or four LFG GMs, ever

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
no mic is the standard for lfg gm runs, yeah. it's usually Fine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Presumably you have run the normal strike/battleground many times, including nightfall tiers with champions, so you know the general flow of encounters already. That plus following the other players around is usually enough to muddle through, and having enough brains to know that you can no longer just stand in the open firing indiscriminately and tanking hits

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I need 90 exotics for rank 10 huh

I have 77 :rip:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

If it's your first time doing that GM, sure, absolutely mandatory to have a mic and ask questions.

If we're assuming everyone's competent, then this season's set of GMs is mostly straightforward imo. Birthplace, Hypernet, Lake, and Corrupted are well known and pretty much doable on autopilot.

PsiOps BG: Cosmodrome is autopilot up until the final boss -- AFAIK you can't sit back and cheese it with Wishender like you could with BG:Moon, and Arc Threat makes the Savathun phases nasty unless you coordinate. Heist BG: Moon second room (the one with defending Ghost from waves of Scorn while he hacks) benefits from mics simply because of how easy it is to get sniped by a crossbow with Void Threat, but it's not impossible without it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kith posted:

The Dares shotgun and grenade launcher are loving incredible because of how well the trait works with them. They're already Lightweight so you can pull them from your pocket in an instant, but Hot Swap makes them even faster. Exceptionally effective, I love those drat things.

I like the idea and style of the Wastelander M5, and I loved my Parcel of Stardust back in the day (it's still a museum piece in my vault), but I'm not good with shotguns in PvP and they often feel like they lack a place in PvE compared to fusions, especially the lightweights.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I primarily use the Wastelander as an "oh poo poo" weapon when something's too close for me to pop with a grenade, mostly because I haven't found a kinetic slot fusion that I like yet. I'm slowly getting used to the Stasis Trace from this season, but I'm still pretty disappointed at the lack of Chill Clip.

As soon as we get a Stasis Glaive with Chill Clip, that'll be living in my kinetic slot forevermore.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm still disappointed they didn't get the reload right on the wastelander

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it’s disappointingly easy for my mind to grasp

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
A friend of mine has a theory that there will never be kinetic slot glaives because they’d fuckup cutscenes with player characters without some workarounds. I hope he’s wrong.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

We already saw the workaround for that in Lightfall: the player pulls a Khostov out of nowhere.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Truspeaker posted:

Why can't you save a set of armor without also attaching it to specific guns? I got a LOT more guns than sets of armor.

syntaxfunction posted:

I also wish there was an option to save loadouts without weapons, because sometimes I would like to just have everything but the weapons cause I am just loving around with various things.

Create a loadout with some random guns then delete them, the loadout will still work but won't change your weapons.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I understand having a raid lockout for commendations*, but having one for dungeons too is bruuuuuuuuutal.

*That was a lie, I know why it's there, but I don't understand it. This system stinks.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

I understand having a raid lockout for commendations*,

What's this about? I just did a Last Wish and the commendations were fine.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kith posted:

What's this about? I just did a Last Wish and the commendations were fine.

There’s like 1-2 hour cooldown for commendations for dungeons and raids (separate). So if you’re chain running them and blasting through you won’t get to commend your team again. Especially noticeable on dungeons when you can do 20-30 min clears regularly.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Aqua Dracula posted:

Create a loadout with some random guns then delete them, the loadout will still work but won't change your weapons.

The works fine, until you're mid-run and need to change something, and now need to jump through these extra hoops to fix a quick swap loadout because bungie put the bare minimum effort into this feature after 9 literal years.

Destiny's interface is full of bad decisions and compromises, but oof this one manages to bug me pretty often.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There’s like 1-2 hour cooldown for commendations for dungeons and raids (separate). So if you’re chain running them and blasting through you won’t get to commend your team again. Especially noticeable on dungeons when you can do 20-30 min clears regularly.

why

commendations do nothing

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

they're literally just loving numbers that have no impact on anything else who thought this was a good idea god loving damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
The only commendation that matters is best dressed.