Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nevermind.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MJeff posted:

Nevermind.

Oh don't puss out now. The stern father routine definitely is working.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

take the bullshit bickering to the general weekly bitch-made threads!!!!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

put bullshit bickering everywhere! lets act like nasty little goblins in 2024!!!!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Gentlegoons! You can't fight in here, this is the Hell Thread!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shinjobi posted:

I'd still take that over the alternative. Like yeah, he's got to draw the line somewhere but that line can still be drawn. Setting up a system like the WWE did isn't really something you can walk back, no matter how many you fire.

I think the last couple years have shown, though, that TK is pretty darn bad at actually drawing that line

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol tony

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

lol

it's okay to laugh at the man wearing a silly hat and sunglasses while saying "it's something we're very serious about"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he has finally become a carnie

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
So basically,
  • Hausman is a piece of poo poo for bringing up unsubstantiated rumors during his Twitter beef with Jericho.
  • The reporters at the media scrum likely didn't have a dog in that particular fight, but were just engaging in the laziest form of journalism, namely asking someone to comment on unsubstantiated rumors in the hopes of catching them out on something.
  • TK didn't handle things the way he should've; instead of giving a boilerplate corporate type statement, he kept babbling on about how "safe" AEW is (both with and without a silly hat and sunglasses), and clearly hadn't prepared for or expected questions on the subject.
  • Whether or not the rumors about Jericho ultimately turn out to be true, he's still a pretty lovely person for a lot of other reasons. Reportedly, he looked shook at the boos and chants, and appeared to be off his game during the 8-man tag. People can make of that what they will, I guess.
  • Kylie Rae is innocent in all of this and did nothing wrong, and again Hausman is a piece of poo poo if he dredged all of this up without clearing it with her first or making sure she was OK with it.
I think that about covers it.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 1, 2024

Warthur
May 2, 2004

So I've digested the PPV and I think I basically liked it, but the caveats are a) I've been on a wrestling detox lately so I'm coming to it with less fatigue than many and b) I liked it in the way I might like a fairly decent but forgettable episode of Dynamite, bar for the last three matches, rather than liking it the way I used to like AEW PPVs.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think the last couple years have shown, though, that TK is pretty darn bad at actually drawing that line

Everything seemed to fall apart when Tony chose to Cross The Line.

All of this is Jeff Jarrett’s fault. :argh:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Everything seemed to fall apart when Tony chose to Cross The Line.

All of this is Jeff Jarrett’s fault. :argh:

Jeff in AEW has been nothing but perfect

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

slappy new year

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

projecthalaxy posted:

Quick q is this cringe or based

I'm going to say super cringe. (Both Dustin and the fans)

I'm not familiar with how Twitter works, so I don't know if this is something that would pop in Dustin's feed, or if he'd have to search his name out. (or something in between)

But why would you even address THAT kind of fan?

Also, Swerve should steamroll Dustin. If it goes too long, it can actually hurt Swerve's chance at main event status.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NutShellBill posted:

But why would you even address THAT kind of fan?

talk poo poo, get hit

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's the modern equivalent of jawing with the crowd outside after the show but dumber because everything is dumber now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do agree that the match probably shouldn't even have happened, the cinderblock angle would've been fine (although the crowd are dying to cheer Swerve, so I have no idea why Khan's doubling down on him being a heel) especially as he should be challenging Joe, probably at Revolution.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I do agree that the match probably shouldn't even have happened, the cinderblock angle would've been fine (although the crowd are dying to cheer Swerve, so I have no idea why Khan's doubling down on him being a heel) especially as he should be challenging Joe, probably at Revolution.

Tony khan said at the scrum people pay to see swerve inflict violence. He isn't heel

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dustin Rhodes is a trooper and a competitor and was fired up after giving it all in the ring after Keith Lee came down with jobitis. I’ll forgive him this transgression.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shard posted:

Portraying fun guitar kabong man on TV was the perfect cover. Hiding in plain sight while secretly running the whole operation.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

Tony khan said at the scrum people pay to see swerve inflict violence. He isn't heel

Tony said a lot of stuff, not a lot of which meant anything. The angle had beloved veteran being attacked via cheapshot and held down by Swerve's manager. If that's not being a heel, no wonder Tony's struggling with booking.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW fans want to cheer that and all their top guys are just violence elementals.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The highest tier of dude in AEW is "violence dude" a tier only occupied by Mox, Swerve, and Hangman

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Tony said a lot of stuff, not a lot of which meant anything. The angle had beloved veteran being attacked via cheapshot and held down by Swerve's manager. If that's not being a heel, no wonder Tony's struggling with booking.

Danielson and Mox stabbed dudes in the eye with screwdrivers while they held them down but we still cheer them as fighting babyfaces.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't want to be a wait and see guy but boy will i he fascinated to see what dynamite and collision look like this week. The entire universe has spun around C2 and MJF sleuthing and both of those are just boom gone

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't want to be a wait and see guy but boy will i he fascinated to see what dynamite and collision look like this week. The entire universe has spun around C2 and MJF sleuthing and both of those are just boom gone

sounds like a good time to cancel both of them and start 2024 off right

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

I will never call anything involving Double J 'Perfect' but it is far better than I thought possible.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Some of AEW's best shows come as a reset after a ppv so should look good enough. only problem is it's also a coinflip because some of their worst shows come after a ppv too

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

I will never call anything involving Double J 'Perfect' but it is far better than I thought possible.

Ok maybe not perfect, but how about great?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

Danielson and Mox stabbed dudes in the eye with screwdrivers while they held them down but we still cheer them as fighting babyfaces.

...they were the bad guys in that storyline.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

BCC alignment changes every week and sometimes members are different alignments even on the same show, so I would forgive anyone who was confused

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

AEW 2024 is great so far because I haven't seen Abadon on my tv yet.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

BCC alignment changes every week and sometimes members are different alignments even on the same show, so I would forgive anyone who was confused

Oddly, Yuta's been the most consistent

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

BCC does what they want and what they want to do is violence, particularly violence against people who they feel don't take their jobs seriously enough.
Also they're sore losers sometimes.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm glad AEW is finally rid of the MJF scourge. I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

BCC does what they want and what they want to do is violence, particularly violence against people who they feel don't take their jobs seriously enough.
Also they're sore losers sometimes.

That whole thing was just Mox and Bryan being pissed they lost to Hangman and MJF and making it everyone else's problem.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh right. I thought Moxley was pissed at OC because he beat him but he beat OC THEN got pissed at him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BCC are like textbook bullies. They thrill in hurting people, they hold themselves on a pedestal, and they lash out when they lose or just have their egos damaged a little. And they keep around a guy to beat up.

It’s actually a pretty interesting character thing that Yuta left the Best Friends because he was getting bullied and treated like a young boy and ended up in a group that routinely bullies him and overtly treats him like a young boy. But the vibe is different so now Yuta feels superior over everyone else even if BCC overtly keep him down in their own dynamics.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh right. I thought Moxley was pissed at OC because he beat him but he beat OC THEN got pissed at him.

They did for about 5 minutes act like Miro replacing Mox when he went to rehab in the match with OC was somehow a forfeit loss for Mox to justify things.