Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
No offense to fez machine but it's real weird to raise an issue on behalf of other people who seem to be content hashing it out in a relatively civil (for somethingawful.com) way. If I get scared while reading a thread I hit the daggone back button and find somethin else to do. It takes all kinds of folks to make a world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

there is a target on that thread’s back since it’s the last place you can tell the truth. not surprised some want it silenced. follow the money

it’s this. Tony sending his bots to silence the haters

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it’s this. Tony sending his positivity patrol to silence the haters

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Is it fair to say "we've moved on", yet?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

On The Internet posted:

Is it fair to say "we've moved on", yet?

We've moved on.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

QoP has been a great not-IK OP of the thread in terms of keeping everyone on track there and I want to acknowledge the great work he's done. ok now I'll move on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is very silly.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my feedback is i want everyone to have a good 2024. sorry if controversial

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

my feedback is i want everyone to have a good 2024. sorry if controversial

Go gently caress you’re rear end!!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sandman McMahon posted:

Go gently caress you’re rear end!!!

sounds like a good time

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Close all AEW threads, ban all AEW discussion, let's go back to when the only wrestling that existed was WWE for everyone to cry about and weird niche promotions.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Close all AEW threads, ban all AEW discussion, let's go back to when the only wrestling that existed was WWE for everyone to cry about and weird niche promotions.

I feel personally attacked by this poster, please discipline him

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

The weird niche promotions and their threads are the best part of wrestling. If I had my way this sub would primarily be about Zona 23.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

spending new years trying to stir up drama so the mods will notice me and other posters will fall for easy bait FTMFW!!!!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Wrestling has ruined everything and can no longer be trusted. In 2024 you're only allowed to post about shoot-style promotions and how cool the Golden Cups were.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is how inokiism wins

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

whoever is getting upset by the hell thread just don't go into the hell thread

its not for you and that's alright

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

whoever is getting upset by the hell thread just don't go into the hell thread

No

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i want people to talk about the bozo bucket game more.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

I know I watched bozo when I was a kid but the bucket game is the only part of the show I can remember and I always wanted to play it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Owned one, total ripoff. One of the first times I learned commercials just lie.

Edit: Realized I was thinking of Mr. Bucket which rightfully only has a 3.4 on Gameboard Geek. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/16428/mr-bucket

My dad claims he was on the original Bozo and played the bucket game.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

did he win the brand new $50 bill........?

e: also lol, like you were sticking your balls into his mouth and being like "wow. nothing. this is bull poo poo"

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

That DICK! posted:

I want people to do their drat job and vote in the monthly champions poll. All you non-voters are breaking my friend J-ru's heart.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The pizza place where my grandparents live had a bozo buckets machine like this one

and a wrestlemania the arcade game (the one where you like smash hams out of Yokozuna) and was thus apparently extremely PSPcore

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

you know, you make a very good point.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
reject bozo and embrace ramblin rod

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

karmicknight posted:

you know, you make a very good point.

wb king

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That DICK! posted:

The trick was to slyly dent the ball with your thumb before you tossed it so it wouldn't bounce out

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Is there a thread to talk and ask questions about old wwe? Or should I just use the WWE thread?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you can just use the wwe thread. its mostly for chatting (making fun) about modern fed stuff but a lot of us have been watching for decades so we can answer your questions

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Mr Hootington posted:

Is there a thread to talk and ask questions about old wwe? Or should I just use the WWE thread?
you should create a nostalgia WWE thread and I'd post in it too, been thinking about how WWF almost used the Michinoku Pro guys in a serious attempt to rival WCW's Lucha-based cruiserweights and thought it'd be fun to talk about

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

old wrestling is cool

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cartoon era of wwf was great - back then we watched two big meat monsters put each other in headlocks for 20 minutes, marked out and didn't go complain on the internet about it afterwards

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

you can just use the wwe thread. its mostly for chatting (making fun) about modern fed stuff but a lot of us have been watching for decades so we can answer your questions

Ok I'll do that.

Tampa Bae posted:

you should create a nostalgia WWE thread and I'd post in it too, been thinking about how WWF almost used the Michinoku Pro guys in a serious attempt to rival WCW's Lucha-based cruiserweights and thought it'd be fun to talk about

Beyond the big names wrestlers I dont know anything about WWF/WWE history. I wouldn't know where to start for an OP for a thread like that. I didn't start watching wrestling until end of 2022 and have only watched JCP/WCW up to 1989.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Just make a "Old WWE Thread: Get the F in" topic and let people talk about old WWF wrestling, like anything. You'll learn a lot from other posters just recalling niche things when they were younger and there's currently a WCW topic that's lasted longer on SA than WCW itself did so why not

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plus you can be like "hey remember the nexus" and people will and that means you haven't wasted your life

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

projecthalaxy posted:

Plus you can be like "hey remember the nexus" and people will and that means you haven't wasted your life
Yeah! Sometimes I just want to talk about how cool the Hurricane vs Paul Burchill feud was

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok I made the thread. If the mods or anyone else has a better title don't be afraid to change it.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051723&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Edit: never-ending. Found what I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I still want PSP to join ePa wrestling club :) https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046578