Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a dire warning to canadians dealing with a broken healthcare system; it could be worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

If 80 million in debt got paid off with 800k then it already ruined everyone's life. Too late. Might as well have not paid it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this could be cool if they coupled it with that tech that makes little physical pop-up buttons on touch screens but a purely virtual keyboard is just never going to be a sufficient replacement

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

so brave to not say a slur wow

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

real basket of deplorables energy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The basic laptop has been perfected and so we’re going to get these gimmicks shoved down our throat

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The basic laptop has been perfected and so we’re going to get these gimmicks shoved down our throat

The one gimmick that I thought was actually practical was the one where the reverse side of the monitor was an e-ink screen, so you could close the laptop but then continue to use it in applications that don't require even 30 fps, like reading.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

limp dick calvin posted:

the steam deck fuckin slaps. I think I’ve locked mine to 45 fps for a lil better battery life. you can put so many old jrpgs on that thing

The human eye can't see more than 45 frames per second anyway

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

SKULL.GIF posted:

yep

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

SKULL.GIF posted:

While it can't detect static frame changes faster than 45-60, the motion detection between two frames is much more sensitive, which is benefited from smoother interpolation between frames. The limit of this is more due to the medium being viewed through than anything else. It's why a movie at 24 FPS looks totally fine, but Panning over a huge vista in some 3d game on a 120hz screen has screen tearing and looks 'bad'.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

While it can't detect static frame changes faster than 45-60, the motion detection between two frames is much more sensitive, which is benefited from smoother interpolation between frames. The limit of this is more due to the medium being viewed through than anything else. It's why a movie at 24 FPS looks totally fine, but Panning over a huge vista in some 3d game on a 120hz screen has screen tearing and looks 'bad'.

tahts a lot of words to say read gibson

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

its worse than that, people who grew up on tv and movies cant see above 24fps

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I agree, you should turn on motion smoothing on your TV for more frames, which looks better

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

training your eyes by playing ultima vii without a frame rate capper

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The entire American Idiot album never mentions Bush or anyone in the Bush administration by name, nor does it mention anything specific that Bush did.

It's the perfect time capsule of 2000s era "bad things are bad" politics.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hmzO--ox7X0

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Lindsay Ellis did a p good video on bush era protest music
https://youtu.be/ehbgAGlrVKE?feature=shared

green day was the best we got. ratm had retired by then and country stars were singing how great it was to bomb people. bad times

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

bush era protest music

green day was the best we got.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

green day was the best we got. ratm had retired by then and country stars were singing how great it was to bomb people. bad times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kLXpq2aFuhM

Apr 7, 2003

lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Woke Mind Virus posted:

If 80 million in debt got paid off with 800k then it already ruined everyone's life. Too late. Might as well have not paid it

Debt actively ruins future life as well. It's a good thing in a bad system.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Is the article "If you have no other options"?

A quick google suggests home equity loans are an average of about 9% lmao.

Apr 7, 2003

I didn’t read the article but I’m assuming it’s in the same vein as encouraging people to default on their mortgages in 2009, ie good for banks and bad for you

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

so brave to not say a slur wow

that’s the line before, the one they changed is “I’m not a part of the redneck agenda”

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

If only he'd thrown Lin Manual Miranda in that garbage can harder

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

everyone knows the best iraq war song was uncle sam goddamn

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

LonsomeSon posted:

that’s the line before, the one they changed is “I’m not a part of the redneck agenda”

Wow, posted with the hard "r".

Mods!?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Xaris posted:

torx is good. i suggest buying one of those roll-up electronic repair kits that has a zillion type of weirdo torx or the indented star bits, with good metal, magnetizer, magnetic pads, plastic slipping-jimmies, etc. i've gotten so much mileage out of my no-name aliexpress kit that whips rear end

blatman posted:

i got one of those ifixit kits years ago that's basically the name brand version of the one you're describing and it does in fact own

there's also something to be said for someone being like "hey can you fix my thing" and without missing a beat you literally roll out this specialized toolkit like you're a master thief breaking into the shadow vault

Do you have any recommendations for a kit? Looking through a few to purchase now after reading through Gradenko's post about screws.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'll still screw that poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

I'll still screw that poo poo

mmm strip for me

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://youtu.be/ehbgAGlrVKE?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABhZQ_VRbsQ

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

AmyL posted:

Do you have any recommendations for a kit? Looking through a few to purchase now after reading through Gradenko's post about screws.

anything from ifixit that includes the plastic magnetized box of driver bits is top notch, you probably dont need a dozen varieties of spudger from the larger kits

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

skooma512 posted:

I’m at a rave rolling my face off. Happy New Year Doomsday Econ thread, please let’s be keep being awesome to each other and focus on the bourgeoisie as the enemy!

Wooooooooooooooo I fuckibg hate health insurance as a concept

:blessed:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

blatman posted:

anything from ifixit that includes the plastic magnetized box of driver bits is top notch, you probably dont need a dozen varieties of spudger from the larger kits

Yeah I bought the 54 bit kit over a decade ago and I've been able to tear apart anything using it. Absolutely top tier toolset!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Young Communist League member Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou ftw and rip

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AmyL posted:

This is the one I have, works well: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805774704589.html
If you want a hard shell, this should be about the same (make sure to change the style to 120 or 140) https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806036822609.html

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PoundSand posted:

Is the article "If you have no other options"?

A quick google suggests home equity loans are an average of about 9% lmao.

the banks opened 400 completely empty brick-and-mortar locations last year and needs some cash flow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Calculating the GDP increase with above transaction...

Up.