Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Standard tickets can be spent freely yeah. There's also no bonus for doing a 10 pull so feel free to spend them as you get them if you want.

Cool thanks :cheersdoge:

I’ve learned from the other gacha I play that single pulls drive me insane so I think I’ll at least wait for increments of 10 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also IDK if it was said upthread but on the rotating banner your pity carries over so if you for example, rolled 60 times on Ruan Mei and didn't get a 5 star, and then didn't roll again until the next banner, you'd still only need a maximum of 30 rolls to hit the hard pity limit (although you'd most likely hit soft pity around 70 or 80) unlike some games where you have to bank an entire spark worth of rolls per banner.

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Has anyone gotten a perfect score on the currect MoC without both Jing Lui and ~Daniel~?

My Jing Lui team can clear the swarm side in 3 turns, and my other team of Clara, Topaz, M7 and Bailu takes about 15 turns to clear Kafka :[ I also tried using JL on Kafka and a QQ team for the bugs and did even worse.

I got 3 star on MoC 13 with stage 1 Huo Huo, Qingque, Silver Wolf, and Pela, with stage 2 Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Bronya, and Ruan Mei. It was a close one, just barely at 20 cycles remaining. I had to restart stage 1 a number of times to get good SW luck on imbedding quantum weakness. Keep in mind while I do have e6 QQ, her relics are not in the best shape and she's still missing some trace levels. It could've gone more cleanly.

If I was more patient, I would've waited for Ratio instead of trying to force quantum to work.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also IDK if it was said upthread but on the rotating banner your pity carries over so if you for example, rolled 60 times on Ruan Mei and didn't get a 5 star, and then didn't roll again until the next banner, you'd still only need a maximum of 30 rolls to hit the hard pity limit (although you'd most likely hit soft pity around 70 or 80) unlike some games where you have to bank an entire spark worth of rolls per banner.

Oh yeah, that’s explained in the OP a bit but helps to see explained again. A much gentler pity system than I’m used to plus a “story” banner equivalent that isn’t straight garbage is a welcome improvement

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I could try to throw some relics on Welt to see if I can get through MoC 12 Kafka a little easier. I'm very consistent at taking 8 cycles there. My bigger problem is the Swarm. I need a cleanser for both sides, and I simply can't survive the second phase.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

It's 2024 and despite all of her Space Terrorism money, Kafka still can't afford sunglasses that fit.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Xalidur posted:

It's 2024 and despite all of her Space Terrorism money, Kafka still can't afford sunglasses that fit.

Based on her lines when transitioning between areas, she probably spends all of her Space Terrorism money buying new coats.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Omg. There's an achievement for listening to all of Hanya's idle voice lines. :allears:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

LimitedReagent posted:

I got 3 star on MoC 13 with stage 1 Huo Huo, Qingque, Silver Wolf, and Pela, with stage 2 Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Bronya, and Ruan Mei. It was a close one, just barely at 20 cycles remaining. I had to restart stage 1 a number of times to get good SW luck on imbedding quantum weakness. Keep in mind while I do have e6 QQ, her relics are not in the best shape and she's still missing some trace levels. It could've gone more cleanly.

If I was more patient, I would've waited for Ratio instead of trying to force quantum to work.

you probably would have had a much easier time if you just put pela+jingliu on the front half.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Has anyone gotten a perfect score on the currect MoC without both Jing Lui and ~Daniel~?

My Jing Lui team can clear the swarm side in 3 turns, and my other team of Clara, Topaz, M7 and Bailu takes about 15 turns to clear Kafka :[ I also tried using JL on Kafka and a QQ team for the bugs and did even worse.

clara can definitely do it but you want to replace m7 with ting or pela and ideally have a healer with a cleanse for kafka.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've done the first half with Clara/Argenti/Bronya, Clara/Dan Heng/Bronya, and an Argenti hypercarry. 8 cycles each time. I can't survive the Swarm.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Meowywitch posted:

my 37 is now 6

???

oh wait wrong game

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008

Radical posted:

you probably would have had a much easier time if you just put pela+jingliu on the front half.

so let's see, stage 1 Huo Huo, Jingliu, Bronya, Pela, stage 2 Fu Xuan, QQ, Silver Wolf, Ruan Me. Result... 20 cycles remaining. only two tries to get it though, and not cutting it quite as close. so yeah, I guess that was a bit easier. I think I was too hung up on the stage 2 ice weaknesses that I didn't consider all the quantum in there too. or that Kafka not being ice weak in stage 1 would still be fast enough with Jingliu. But no, of course speed-tuned Jingliu + e1s1 Bronya is cracked, always.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's been 4 star clears of moc 12, ot's a relic threshold.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Unfortunately relics are the most frustrating part of the game.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 hours!)

went back to MoC to get the last star I needed now that my Ruan Mei is almost finished.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

bagrada posted:

???

oh wait wrong game

R1999 pilled in the HSR thread

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Scraped by with this, hell yeah. Phase 1 took 5 turns fairly easily, Phase 2 people kept dying but we eventually pushed through.

e:

Radical posted:

clara can definitely do it but you want to replace m7 with ting or pela and ideally have a healer with a cleanse for kafka.

I have ptsd from struggling against Kafka in World 5 when SU first came out and had to run M7 + Natasha to stand a chance. Huo Huo takes care of all that now though :3:

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 1, 2024

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The other thing this MoC has exposed is that my Lynx really can't solo sustain. Without March to double up, she cannot keep everyone alive past the second cycle on the second half of MoC11 and 12, and I simply don't have the element coverage to power through quickly enough.

Maybe Kafka/Sampo/Ruan Mei/Huohuo on the first halfs is overkill, but somehow I doubt Lynx would be able to replace Huohuo there either?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The secret of Lynx solo sustain is you wanna combine her with someone who sinks damage, and have an SP-positive enough party to throw out new heals relatively frequently. She can solo-sustain with Clara, who has a defense buff of her own and a self heal if she has her lightcone, and Blade, who can self-heal in two different ways, neither who require constant SP usage, but struggles otherwise

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

The secret of Lynx solo sustain is you wanna combine her with someone who sinks damage, and have an SP-positive enough party to throw out new heals relatively frequently. She can solo-sustain with Clara, who has a defense buff of her own and a self heal if she has her lightcone, and Blade, who can self-heal in two different ways, neither who require constant SP usage, but struggles otherwise

The problem is that Clara appears to be a bad match-up on this MoC11 and 12's back halves, and those are the sides that Kafka crew are also bad for. And I think in testing, Clara also underperformed in the first halves as well in comparison.

Funny, I pulled Ruan Mei primarily to buff Kafka, and it now Clara's the one who's struggling (tho that's mainly because they aren't selling Argenti anymore, admittedly).

also, my Lynx is e0, so that probably doesn't help

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 hours!)

My solo sustain on MoC is Fu Xuan on one side, Gepard on the other

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally hit 300 on the standard banner.

Now I have Bronya E1. Bronya also seems like one of the only standard 5*s with OP later Eidolons like the limited banner characters. Her E6 is ridiculous - making her Skill buff last an extra turn! Hopefully I somehow get it someday.

Bailu's E4 seems like it could be good - it sounds like it straight-up gives her a 30% damage buff for other characters.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Tried my hand at the limited banner for Ruan Mei today, in 20 pulls did not get her of course but I did land Tingyun who seems good. Hell all the buffers I’ve seen so far in this game look good.

I’ve been focusing on MC/Gapard/Qingque/Asta but now with Tingyun I feel like I’ll be spreading myself a little thin with 5. Don’t know how many characters I can juggle when I know everything gets harder when I raise my EQ level and exp feeling like it gets a little thin soon. Kind of a bummer when I want to play around with new characters but maybe that’s what random supports are for!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I auto battled to 33/36 (2* on 10/11/12) with FX and luocha on opposite sides. Not as much of a sustain issue imo as it is just dps

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Sleng Teng posted:

Tried my hand at the limited banner for Ruan Mei today, in 20 pulls did not get her of course but I did land Tingyun who seems good. Hell all the buffers I’ve seen so far in this game look good.

I’ve been focusing on MC/Gapard/Qingque/Asta but now with Tingyun I feel like I’ll be spreading myself a little thin with 5. Don’t know how many characters I can juggle when I know everything gets harder when I raise my EQ level and exp feeling like it gets a little thin soon. Kind of a bummer when I want to play around with new characters but maybe that’s what random supports are for!

You'll eventually need at least 8 characters in order to fill two teams for MoC, so it doesn't hurt to experiment a little. Also the cost to level increases a lot for 60 -> 70 and even more for 70 -> 80 (and other stuff like traces ramp up in cost too). So you can play around a bit at lower levels to see who you like without it costing you too much in the long run.

I can definitely say you won't regret building Tingyun too, she's great.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Definitely a dps issue. My Lynx can keep everyone alive for 8 or so cycles on the second half, but I can't burst the thing down fast enough. At this point, I'd be happy just yo clear it.

It is extremely lovely that both crit stats are only available as a main stat on the same relic piece.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GateOfD posted:

My solo sustain on MoC is Fu Xuan on one side, Gepard on the other

Ditto. Gep's fast enough and energy regen'd enough to keep shields up full time and his shields are nearly 3500 shielding.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I just noticed they have been adding new 4* to the standard banner. I had to double check I was on the correct banner when I grabbed Hanya from it. I just reached the free 5* banner character ticket as well. The only standard 5* I do not have is Clara, and I do not really have much physical damage, just Sushang. On the other hand, E1 Bronya would probably make her easier to drop into parties that are a bit more skill point heavy AND she is the only one that I actually use semi-frequently. Leaning towards Bronya E1 unless Clara is better than I think she is?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Do you have Dragon Dan, Jingliu, or Blade? If yes to at least 1, Clara is less valuable to you. Do you main Topaz and don't have Himeko, Kafka, or Jing Yuan? Clara may be more valuable to you.

Clara is great if you're struggling for damage. She's literally just a free 40k+ per turn without ever needing to use her skill. But if you use Bronya constantly, e1 is probably better than a new character you may not use.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I've had Jingliu up as my support for awhile, but do you think my Ruan Mei would be more useful? She's pretty built.

Should both be visible here:
https://starrail.mana.wiki/showcase?uid=602214046

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Bad Video Games posted:

Do you have Dragon Dan, Jingliu, or Blade? If yes to at least 1, Clara is less valuable to you. Do you main Topaz and don't have Himeko, Kafka, or Jing Yuan? Clara may be more valuable to you.

Clara is great if you're struggling for damage. She's literally just a free 40k+ per turn without ever needing to use her skill. But if you use Bronya constantly, e1 is probably better than a new character you may not use.

I have Dragon Dan and Blade, I do not have Topaz. I do not use Bronya constantly either though, maybe a bit less than half of the time in the forgotten hall. She would probably be easier to slot in with the E1 though. I am still missing a solid Physical, Fire, Ice, and Quantum DPS so those are my higher priorities, but I am not sure if Clara is solid enough to go for rather than waiting for a better limited banner one in the future.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 2, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pain of Mind posted:

I have Dragon Dan and Blade, I do not have Topaz. I do not use Bronya constantly either though, maybe a bit less than half of the time in the forgotten hall. She would probably be easier to slot in with the E1 though. I am still missing a solid Physical, Fire, Ice, and Quantum DPS so those are my higher priorities, but I am not sure if Clara is solid enough to go for rather than waiting for a better limited banner one in the future.

I'd go with Bronya. Clara is great, but she's easier to have as a hypercarry with her e1. Bronya would probably work much better for you, especially with Daniel.

Clara is a lot like Blade in that she's just free. Everything revolves around her counterattack, so you don't ever really need to use her skill except to generate energy for her ult. She struggles a bit as a hypercarry at e0 because her skill removes the mark she places on enemies when she gets hit. Her skill is full aoe, but her modifiers only go up to 120%. She does double damage to any marked enemies and then removes the mark until they hit her again. Her e1 removes this restriction, but before then, she's just best used as a sub dps.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 2, 2024

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ytlaya posted:

Now I have Bronya E1. Bronya also seems like one of the only standard 5*s with OP later Eidolons like the limited banner characters. Her E6 is ridiculous - making her Skill buff last an extra turn! Hopefully I somehow get it someday.

gepard's e1, e2, and e4 are amazing, but his e6 hinges on his useless talent :(

I wish I had used my 300th pull on his e4 instead of clara

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I used my 300 selector on Clara. My Bronya and Gepard are e0 and my Welt is loving e2. I use Clara more than all of them. Love that Svarog.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Gerdalti posted:

I've had Jingliu up as my support for awhile, but do you think my Ruan Mei would be more useful? She's pretty built.

Should both be visible here:
https://starrail.mana.wiki/showcase?uid=602214046

The most commonly picked supports I've seen are built Luochas and whaled out Blades. People generally don't like Jingliu because she eats your party's HP which is annoying when you're just trying to farm stuff. For reference, my friend with E0S1 Luocha with like 4k+ attack nets around 12-20k credits per day from friend usages.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

4k attack is insane unless you're also giving him crit and using his ult for damage. My Luocha has 2.3k attack and over heals just about everyone.

Also, I just realized how beefy some of my guys are. Bronya and Argenti both have over 5k health.

Also, dps units really aren't needed for farming compared to sustain. Even a cracked out Gepard will get some decent use, but everyone wants Luocha or Fu because they make healing disappear.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Putting a healer on my team and letting the e6s5 Blade farm for me is much faster than getting a healer to boost my team most of the time tho.

Anyway the trick is find a couple friends (or whales) that you want to use a lot and then fill the rest of your friends list with people you expect to use your support a lot.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The only characters I ever pick as support for farming are specific elemental AoE spammers I didn't pull for, so basically Blade and Argenti and no one else. I find Jingliu supports to be somewhat disappointing at farming calyxes and such because she requires a couple of actions worth of setup time to start actually doing damage so she's not that fast on auto.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
They should patch the game to let you use friend characters for story instances