Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Jesus, pig poo poo twins are on and there is still an hour left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Gilroy is great, but Ozeri has the best batting average imo. I think he finally had one appearance this year I was only 'eh' on, but he's almost a slamdunk every episode he's on. The rapid fire wild recordings he brings, and how much it derails Scott to a commentary role vs. being able to host is just very my poo poo.

The part on the holiday episode where Jason notices Scott has maintained eye contact through the entire busiest man in the world bit.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Cbb world is absolutely packed this week. Great new Will Hines improv ep, an eat pray dunk today. I barely have enough time to get through it all.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m sitting on a beach in the Caribbean for my vacation and the highlight of the day is getting WiFi to download this episode.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There’s a very good pft background laugh out of the gate in the will Hines ep (which stays strong throughout)

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nicole Parker is just delightful. Absolutely loved "PIC? Yeah, you know me" and "potato button" are going to be stuck in my head for a while.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Is the Dan Lippert character actually based off a real thing on SiriusXM? I lost it at saying Scott's dogs live in sin.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Please don't joke about I Robot today.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I can’t loving believe they forgot to record the numbers again

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm sure they'll remember for next year

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Oh man, it must have been a crazy scene at the studio when they realized they forgot about the numbers. I bet it looked a little something like this:

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
I mean, they've had since Wet Day, and we ALL know how long they've had since then!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My dream is they do one day re-record the numbers, but they’re still in the ‘one! three!’ style.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
didn't record the numbers?

Ooooooh Nnooooooooooo

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Now that I know that we the listeners can potentially win the snowman game I am invested in the next 3 best ofs episodes

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The centaur clip cracked me up in public at the idea of your description in a prophecy including "bad personality".

Of COURSE it was Lisa Gilroy!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
pull the rock from the stone and half man half centaur both killed me

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I enjoy Lily Sullivan being ruthless to Scott

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Ainsley McTree posted:

I enjoy Lily Sullivan being ruthless to Scott

Francesca really took a turn on Scott when he made her a foot tall in the special. Broke her character to ask why he always makes her tiny, then went with it, but Francesca has been much more aggro on Scott ever since. Which owns.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
And thank goodness for that, because the Scott loves hentai and the Scott eats poo poo gags came from it.

And GeddyImages is just the most perfect celebrity instagram by name alone, true.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think Carl Tart is my favorite non-PFT guest. Hearing his Charles Barkley again, and man it’s fun as hell.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RandolphCarter posted:

I think Carl Tart is my favorite non-PFT guest. Hearing his Charles Barkley again, and man it’s fun as hell.

And last year when he played "The CEO of Dominos, Snake Eyes" when he kept doing the "we messed up, Scott..." bit had me dying.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Speedboat Jones posted:

And last year when he played "The CEO of Dominos, Snake Eyes" when he kept doing the "we messed up, Scott..." bit had me dying.

That was my favorite bit in that episode and I feel like it was overlooked. Carl Tart is consistently amazing and he’s an all-timer on Doughboys as well.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Tart rules even when just being himself and chatting.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

That Jack Quaid ep is one of the best all-around ones of this year. I'm surprised he didn't include more clips for when he's going between all three characters, or when Jack gets to hem & haw about whether Dr.John could be considered cultural appropriation.

Speedboat Jones posted:

Just remembering this is bringing a smile to my face. Wasn't it PFT who catches that Snake Eyes refers to dice? & like ten minutes into his appearance. It's perfect.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm just sayin, konnichiwa

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

A lot of comedy bang bang characters just come across as pleasantly absurd but I heard Drew Tarver as Martin Sheffield Lickly the other day and was crying laughing. Probably it benefits from being a lot more scripted than most of the improv material but it’s still incredibly funny, and some of the lyrics sound ad libbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6w39sK4naQ

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ccs posted:

A lot of comedy bang bang characters just come across as pleasantly absurd but I heard Drew Tarver as Martin Sheffield Lickly the other day and was crying laughing. Probably it benefits from being a lot more scripted than most of the improv material but it’s still incredibly funny, and some of the lyrics sound ad libbed

Donny Gary came up randomly on my youtube yesterday and I watched the whole thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyQcszvPShg

Forgot how often I used to sing "I never ever pay for sodaaaaa"

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Kyle Chutney volunteering “gently caress Her Big Butt” as a nickname for himself was a real highlight of 2023

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ccs posted:

Probably it benefits from being a lot more scripted than most of the improv material but it’s still incredibly funny, and some of the lyrics sound ad libbed

There’s a handful of guests like Drew and Gil who absolutely nail the combo of doing improv around prepared material, and it makes for my favorite kind of guest.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

kdrudy posted:

I can't abide this Lisa Gilroy erasure.

Dr. Skeleton's Celebrity Toilet is my easy #1 this year.

I cede this is definitely the year of Lisa Gilroy.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I like how Lisa gilroy seemed surprised at how hard she killed pft with dr skeleton’s celebrity toilet

also a well earned 1000 batting average for the best ofs, she’s on another level

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

There’s a handful of guests like Drew and Gil who absolutely nail the combo of doing improv around prepared material, and it makes for my favorite kind of guest.

...Until they try to maintain eye contact while also reading prepared material (I forgot about that aspect of Drew's recent appearance until the best ofs and got to crack up all over again)

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I cede this is definitely the year of Lisa Gilroy.

Agreed

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Without the scripted stuff you’d never get human skin truck baby

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

limp dick calvin posted:

Without the scripted stuff you’d never get human skin truck baby

Human Skin Truck Baby? What's that, some sort of cheap knockoff of the classic Christmas carol Jesus Skin Truck Baby?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Poopy Palpy posted:

Human Skin Truck Baby

skin truck, skin truck, human skin truck baby

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ccs posted:

The other day at work the song this is based on came on the radio and this ha been in my head ever since, so thanks for posting it.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I bought the ABC album Lexicon of Love on vinyl from a thrift shop a few weeks ago, and you know exactly why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

Donny Gary came up randomly on my youtube yesterday and I watched the whole thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyQcszvPShg

Forgot how often I used to sing "I never ever pay for sodaaaaa"

I RE UUUUUUUUUSE
MC DONALDS CUPS