Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Avoiding your family all day by sitting in a shack freezing your literal rear end off is worth it to many people

I hear ice fishing might involve some drinking too so that's probably another reason

That's probably the answer to a lot of questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Computer viking posted:

Floating around and squabbling a bit, from what I can tell. I do wonder what they eat.

They are just like our family gatherings

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Avoiding your family all day by sitting in a shack freezing your literal rear end off is worth it to many people

I hear ice fishing might involve some drinking too so that's probably another reason

redshirt posted:

That's probably the answer to a lot of questions.

A friend of mine loooooves fishing I mean LOVES fishing and he goes every weekend, sometimes more frequently. Ice fishing during the colder months for sure.
I had the same questions and he explained it to me and showed me photos. It's literally a small yurt on the ice complete with a partial floor, seating and a small wood stove. The only difference is a hole in the center to drop lines.

So basically he goes to a cabin on holiday every weekend

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Computer viking posted:

These are officially eyes, but there's no way they're not free-floating boobs.

free-range boobs

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Ice fishing is pretty big here since we have a massive lake with ice roads and it's frozen for like six months of the year. You can do it in everything from a tent to a somewhat spacious shed. The one I know of has a proper floor elevated off the ice and you remove panels from the floor to access the fishing holes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Ice fishing is pretty big here since we have a massive lake with ice roads and it's frozen for like six months of the year. You can do it in everything from a tent to a somewhat spacious shed. The one I know of has a proper floor elevated off the ice and you remove panels from the floor to access the fishing holes.

It's a big deal here and people take it seriously. I was just totally taken aback they were out there when clearly the local lake is still 2/3rds water.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Revins posted:

happy new year 5kpt! sorry its been awhile, been busy + anxiety and depression stuff that come during the holidays. doing alright though, was just kind of feeling overwhelmed for a bit. I channeled a lot of the anxiety into cleaning and organizing though which actually helped a lot, feels good getting stuff done and then hey, poo poo's clean and stuff. idk holidays are rough for me

I haven't more than glanced in for like two weeks have I missed any important thread moments

we luv u revins

i got married to biscuit (the cat we found) and now she lives here full time

lots of holiday animals posted too

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

A quick penny update before the football starts

Underage drinking scandal:

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
Me and the doctor (no big deal) didn’t work out. She said she didn’t feel a connection. But I reconnected with an ex I haven’t seen in 6 years and we’re gonna have our first date tomorrow night. Way back in the day, when I was with my ex wife, me and this girl were coworkers and then after I got divorced and changed jobs I ran into her on a dating app and it was a cool small world-type of moment so she started coming over to my apartment and we never actually went on a date before we stopped seeing each other. I wasn’t ready for something serious at the time.

I got us tickets to Godzilla minus one. I picked it

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

its_my_birthday posted:

Me and the doctor (no big deal) didn’t work out. She said she didn’t feel a connection. But I reconnected with an ex I haven’t seen in 6 years and we’re gonna have our first date tomorrow night. Way back in the day, when I was with my ex wife, me and this girl were coworkers and then after I got divorced and changed jobs I ran into her on a dating app and it was a cool small world-type of moment so she started coming over to my apartment and we never actually went on a date before we stopped seeing each other. I wasn’t ready for something serious at the time.

I got us tickets to Godzilla minus one. I picked it

it's an awesome movie with just enough of a romantic subplot that you'll definitely get your weiner touched :hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

it's an awesome movie with just enough of a romantic subplot that you'll definitely get your weiner touched* :hmmyes:

*wiener touching done by its_my_birthday himself

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I heard Godzilla was good but I didn't know it was Weiner-touching good.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Anything's weiner touching good if you set your mind to it.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Dixville posted:

Anything's weiner touching good if you set your mind to it.

Counterpoint: Lost in Translation. I hate that movie, my ex loved it. Im too annoyed by the story to even think about wiener touching after it.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

So we've established a threshold that's somewhere above "not so infuriating it distracts you"?

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Thora posted:

Counterpoint: Lost in Translation. I hate that movie, my ex loved it. Im too annoyed by the story to even think about wiener touching after it.

i would never touch a weiner to this movie, or garden state

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Weiner-touching good

KFC’s new slogan for 2024 going hard

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Ruby Gloom posted:

the natural state of bri*ish youth

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Computer viking posted:

Outside a bar/party barge that's popular in summer - the question on the poster is "Arranging a summer party?"

looks like a sheep... with legs, sexy legs. whoops i'm doxing myself

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Booty Pageant posted:

looks like a sheep... with legs, sexy legs. whoops i'm doxing myself

Wales, Kiwi, Aussie or Falklands?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Computer viking posted:

So we've established a threshold that's somewhere above "not so infuriating it distracts you"?

We may have to meet in subcommittee and hash this out. Sometimes movies are so infuriating and terrible you need the distraction of wiener touching. It’s subtle and nuanced differences.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

Aaaaaw yeah Penny :kimchi:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Thora posted:

Counter-Counterpoint: 2003-era Scarlett Johansson was basically 13-year old fartknocker’s dream girl :swoon:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Dang, I cant keep up with all these wiener touching rules, I guess I'll just have to stick to public places and subways

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

fartknocker posted:

Counter-Counterpoint: 2003-era Scarlett Johansson was basically 13-year old fartknocker’s dream girl :swoon:

And then you grew up and realized how unattractive her insecurity made her in the movie? Your husband is working, god, quit sulking. Get a map and a phrase book and go exploring ffs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Thora posted:

And then you grew up and realized how unattractive her insecurity made her in the movie? Your husband is working, god, quit sulking. Get a map and a phrase book and go exploring ffs.

I haven’t watched the movie since 2003 so I don’t remember a drat thing about the details at all. I do remember that the Wikipedia article has a picture of her butt from the opening scene and a discussion of said butt shot, and that’s probably the best thing to take from it: butts.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

fartknocker posted:

I haven’t watched the movie since 2003 so I don’t remember a drat thing about the details at all. I do remember that the Wikipedia article has a picture of her butt from the opening scene and a discussion of said butt shot, and that’s probably the best thing to take from it: butts.

Not really a great selection of male butts in that movie so I’m glad you found that for yourself.

Bill Murray butt. Eesh. Not even in the 80s.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Thora posted:

Bill Murray butt. Eesh. Not even in the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBWcRqPesws

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Ruby Gloom posted:

it's an awesome movie with just enough of a romantic subplot that you'll definitely get your weiner touched :hmmyes:

i miss the old asus logo

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Visions of Valerie posted:

i miss the old asus logo

Good slogan as those are the best ones to touch.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i have never made it all the way through lost in translation because i find it *that* insufferable, and i love bill murray

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Ruby Gloom posted:

i have never made it all the way through lost in translation because i find it *that* insufferable, and i love bill murray

The story makes me so angry, everyone in it is selfish and immature and sucks, intensely.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've never seen it and now I think I won't make much effort to change that.

Thanks all!

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

oh and do not @ me but scarlett johanson is wearing ugly rear end grandma panties at the start of that movie :lofty:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

oh and do not @ me but scarlett johanson is wearing ugly rear end grandma panties at the start of that movie :lofty:

I had to check out the Wiki. You know, for science.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

I had to check out the Wiki. You know, for science.

UglyAssGrandmaPanties.Wikia

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lost in Translation is like the movie version of the plastic bag blowing around in American Beauty

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lost in Translation is like the movie version of the plastic bag blowing around in American Beauty

Aged like milk

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

WHO'S READY FOR PENNY

(tiny taco tongue)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I'm glad Penny had a seat at the table :kimchi: