Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lmao tannehill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

eight chances to score in the red zone lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans clinch a winning record :toot:

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I feel like the Texans have gotten a lot of stuffs on 3rd/4th and short this season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

b0ng posted:

I feel like the Texans have gotten a lot of stuffs on 3rd/4th and short this season.

Too bad they've blown 3rd and 20+ against two of the worst teams in the league in the final few minutes to blow two games

Would already ahve the division clinched otherwise

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So winner of Colts/Texans next week is in the playoffs. Maybe they win the division too.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hope it is the texans,who win

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

So winner of Colts/Texans next week is in the playoffs. Maybe they win the division too.

That requires a Tits win which.... *tugs collar*

I stopped caring about the Raiders/Colts result when I realized it has zero bearing on anything

e: The Tits are experienced in destroying the Jags dreams though so fingers crossed

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 31, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

That requires a Tits win which.... *tugs collar*

I stopped caring about the Raiders/Colts result when I realized it has zero bearing on anything

Colts win did eliminate the Raiders. I dunno if it had any impacts to other teams outside the division though.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The titans are starting a noname defense and still getting, not great, but ok results. The offensive line is abysmal enough that there is zero chance they beat Jacksonville. I’m calling it now, 19-7 jags, titans end up at pick 5 or 6

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Next year many will ooo and awe at levis hitting deep balls but I'll be here doing backflips at the tackles blocking

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Giants just couldn't have made that loving field goal...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Giants just couldn't have made that loving field goal...

The final sequence of plays was unforgiveable, Daboll should lose his job unless he was under strict orders to make sure to lose

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Lol, props to the Jags for getting Tepper to flip out enough to fling his drink at someone, legit respect.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Probably Magic posted:

Lol, props to the Jags for getting Tepper to flip out enough to fling his drink at someone, legit respect.
if there is one thing the Jaguars franchise is good at, it's getting people to flip their poo poo on the (historically) rare occasion that we beat them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

https://twitter.com/Kahuna_Med/status/1741580123327869157

lol

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Let's go Tits

Mega64
May 23, 2008

On one hand, Tits could go as high as the 4th pick with a loss.

On the other hand, gently caress the Jags, and it'd be cool to have a win for Tanny and possibly Henry's last game as Titans.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I have nothing against the Jags even though their fans have relentless hate for the Titans. Hope they pull it off, hope the Texans pull it off against the Colts. Really, anything that denies the Colts a playoff berth is cool with me, this team absolutely does not deserve to be in it, Minshew mania be damned.

On the other hand, Derrick Henry having one last mammoth game in Jacksonville would be extremely, extremely funny.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

On the other hand, Derrick Henry having one last mammoth game in Jacksonville would be extremely, extremely funny.
My heart will hold out hope for this but oh god is our OL so loving bad, I fear even Jacksonville has figured out how to limit him given the supporting casting.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Just be glad he got a thousand yards and the titans TD record. It’s gonna be ugly on Sunday. Maybe not as ugly as this last game, but probably pretty close.

I think they should let Malik start to see if they can justify keeping him around next season TBH

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Just be glad he got a thousand yards and the titans TD record. It’s gonna be ugly on Sunday. Maybe not as ugly as this last game, but probably pretty close.

I think they should let Malik start to see if they can justify keeping him around next season TBH

No, we've seen enough of Malik, there's nothing there. But, now hear this, what if: Derrick Henry Wildcat QB Game.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That would be hilarious but his wildcat runs have been extremely sad + bad this year (not his fault obv). Malik gives the titans the best chance at entertaining me. Ha ha

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Trevor Bust

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
True.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This year it’s been Bust Trevor.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

trevor :bustem:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Tannehill is gonna start his final Titans game. Hope he and Henry wreck the Jags one last time, end of an era.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im in a pickem league and selected the titans. i hope they do not let me down.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mega64 posted:

Tannehill is gonna start his final Titans game. Hope he and Henry wreck the Jags one last time, end of an era.

I just want everyone to have fun and would prefer a better draft pick tbh but I will stop short of rooting for my team to lose

lobster shirt posted:

im in a pickem league and selected the titans. i hope they do not let me down.

rip

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Headed to the game tonight in this weak city. I'm kinda sad that I have to root for the Tits tomorrow.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's been reported that the Texans will have new uniforms unveiled at the 2024 draft, featuring a new accent color called H-Town Blue. I'd expect it to be similar to Columbia Blue, but that's just me.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 6, 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Seriously need to stop chasing the old Oilers aesthetic. It's gone, it's not coming back from Tennessee

Waste of a great uni though for it to only be twice a year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Texans better off making their own legacy imo

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The only thing I'd REALLY change, if I was McNair, would be the helmet. The blue of the helmet being the same shade as the logo's blue could be done differently.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Texans better off making their own legacy imo

Yeah drop the old Oilers legacy of flopping in the playoffs, I had enough of that poo poo in the early 90s

35-3 :negative:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
To be honest, I dig the red helmets.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The red helmets are cool as long as they're not worn with the all red uniforms

Actually the all red unis should never be worn at all. The red jersey with the white pants is killer though

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

The red helmets are cool as long as they're not worn with the all red uniforms

Actually the all red unis should never be worn at all. The red jersey with the white pants is killer though

wrong, the red helmet + all red unis kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

wrong, the red helmet + all red unis kick rear end

I despite the ketchup bottle unis. Red helmet, red jersey, white pants