Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Daaamn, nice. I check every now and then, and my pawn usually gets one or two hires at most. I'm pretty sure I used Rose myself at one point back when I still played, definitely seems familiar.

More PC goons should add their names to the list! It's shameful that there are still only three of us on there after all this time.
we added hundreds of each other on steam from the pc re-release, that's a console-specific sheet that no one used. having each other as friends on steam lets it handle all of that work instead. just checked in on mine 2m ago and had 19 waiting (with 2 invalid user data) which is about the cap iirc

WolvesHuntIn will ride again: https://imgur.com/a/99GJkP2

e: yeah there was even a group dedicated to it https://steamcommunity.com/groups/DogmaGoons

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I've got like 8 different save files in folders I keep swapping between. I wonder if that's messed something up because I don't seem to get any rentals for my currently active pawn.

I'm still pretty happy with the fashion here. It hits all the important resists while still looking cohesive and in character.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

I've got like 8 different save files in folders I keep swapping between. I wonder if that's messed something up because I don't seem to get any rentals for my currently active pawn.
it will yeah as there's only one pawn slot on the server

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Yeah, but normally it just overwrites with whatever pawn you last rested with. You can exploit this to transfer knowledge from an old pawn to a new one if it gets rented at least once and then you rest on the new one. Also lets you get rift crystals for your new character.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
Trying to avoid any big news; the sense of wonder and surprise when traveling around was one of my favorite bits of my first play through. That said, is there any word on whether they’re going to give us multiple save/character slots this time around? The family sharing plan contrivances on the last one was a major hassle.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

The Easy Rider posted:

Trying to avoid any big news; the sense of wonder and surprise when traveling around was one of my favorite bits of my first play through. That said, is there any word on whether they’re going to give us multiple save/character slots this time around? The family sharing plan contrivances on the last one was a major hassle.
none yet, we'd likely know that a couple of weeks beforehand if we get any info pre-launch

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

SoulChicken posted:

Thanks so much, will add PS players this evening!!
If you want to use Gabs (need to edit that sheet, she's in the high 130's now) and prefer a class let me know and I'll switch her over to it.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

The Easy Rider posted:

Capcom rule of thumb: will a feature in any way potentially diminish their ability to ruthlessly exploit you financially? Yes? They won't do it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

we added hundreds of each other on steam from the pc re-release, that's a console-specific sheet that no one used. having each other as friends on steam lets it handle all of that work instead. just checked in on mine 2m ago and had 19 waiting (with 2 invalid user data) which is about the cap iirc

WolvesHuntIn will ride again: https://imgur.com/a/99GJkP2

e: yeah there was even a group dedicated to it https://steamcommunity.com/groups/DogmaGoons

Yeah, I actually noticed that group a while back and tried to join. Haven't been accepted yet, though.

I just personally like the elegance of a spreadsheet and seeing my name on there :shobon:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, I actually noticed that group a while back and tried to join. Haven't been accepted yet, though.

I just personally like the elegance of a spreadsheet and seeing my name on there :shobon:
we'll have to make a new group nearer launch so that it gets handled properly

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

https://www.gamesradar.com/dragons-...-lack-of-sleep/

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
They Gremlins 2'd Dragon's Dogma and they're so right for it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

As a chronic insomniac, can confirm.
Your brain does really funky and fun stuff once you get past 36 hours.

It's not recommended because the health impact can be gnarly.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
After three separate attempts over the years, the game finally clicked with me and now I can’t stop playing it or thinking about it when I’m not playing it.

Help.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
No.

Play more.

You have less than three months until the sequel comes out, and there's every reason to believe it will be as good as or better than DD1.

Good luck, Arisen.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Missionary Positron posted:

After three separate attempts over the years, the game finally clicked with me and now I can’t stop playing it or thinking about it when I’m not playing it.

Help.

I had the exact same experience with the game way back when.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1741640475705033071

AD&D looking rear end game.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

the coolest thing about trying dragon's dogma, shelving it for years, and picking it back up meant that my main pawn was loving loaded

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think there's a limit to the backlog, so if you really want to optimize your Rift Crystal gain, it's best to log in and rest every few months.

I still do this now even though there's no point, I already have more than 20 million RC and my main and my pawn both have maxed-out equipment

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Help.

This is what we call flying into free.

That's loving sick. I always love Eastern developer's takes on Western art styles.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
that's cool as hell. man i'm hype for DD2.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
most anticipated game of 2024 for me. can't wait to get annoyed at my pawn(s) never shutting the gently caress up and throwing feral pawns in princess dresses off cliffs

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Help.

Seems all roads lead to Gran Soren..

Welcome to the club. This game really does know how to sink its teeth into you when it finally clicks.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dragon's Dogma 2 drawn in the style of an ADND book is the coolest thing I've seen Capcom do in years

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Semi-relatedly, the vibe of DD1 has always felt very reminiscent of old Everquest 1 art to me

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Vargs posted:

Semi-relatedly, the vibe of DD1 has always felt very reminiscent of old Everquest 1 art to me

The silliness of this picture never fails to amuse me. You have three separate fights going on at the same time with a dragon and bard just chilling and watching the show. Then you have the penis headed Black guy blatantly checking out the blonde lady who's top is a couple sizes too small and is doing the boobs and butt pose. And said blonde lady is giving a come hither look to the viewer.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

MH Knights posted:

The silliness of this picture never fails to amuse me. You have three separate fights going on at the same time with a dragon and bard just chilling and watching the show. Then you have the penis headed Black guy blatantly checking out the blonde lady who's top is a couple sizes too small and is doing the boobs and butt pose. And said blonde lady is giving a come hither look to the viewer.

yeah it's perfect

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Keith Parkinson did the art for eq iirc and he was pretty regular TSR artist so his stuff is just classic 80s-90s fantasy vibes. Shame he died in 2005

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sloober posted:

Keith Parkinson did the art for eq iirc and he was pretty regular TSR artist so his stuff is just classic 80s-90s fantasy vibes. Shame he died in 2005

Larry Elmore also did some of their art!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I finished the main quest today and that last fight was pretty dang intense! Now I'm diving into Bitterblack Isle which feels oddly inconsistent difficulty-wise. I can down a cockatrice or a cyclops without much issue but got my rear end repeatedly handed to me by a room of gobbos. I finally managed to cheese it with consumables and spamming ricochet hunter into the room.

Still fun as hell tho :getin:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MH Knights posted:

hell yeah hell yeah play now, my lord

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Did you finish the post game? That's honestly the best part of the story. If you like, you can leave it until after you get some BBI gear and steamroll it.

MH Knights posted:

And said blonde lady is giving a come hither look to the viewer.

That's because she was the box art. The irony being that playing EverQuest and receiving come hither looks were mutually exclusive.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 3, 2024

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

K8.0 posted:

Did you finish the post game? That's honestly the best part of the story. If you like, you can leave it until after you get some BBI gear and steamroll it.

I played the main story up until the quest where you have to gather 20 wakestones which seemed pretty grindy so BBI it was.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

did you go into the gigantic hole?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

I played the main story up until the quest where you have to gather 20 wakestones which seemed pretty grindy so BBI it was.

It's actually pretty fast, the drop rate in that final area is pretty high.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I’m expecting to see a lot of Frierens and Marcilles this March. I hope someone lends Stark, Senshi, and Sein some love.

(Laius is already the Arisen, Chilchuck is a union man)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
You can get all 20 with one kill of offline Ur Dragon

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
i didnt really care for the giant hole, usually i finish up the game and immediately go to BBI in ng+

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OWekyfI_Xs

New video showing off some classes just dropped, whoever is playing is not exactly an expert at the game let's say.

Even shows level-ups with some stat growth clearly displayed :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ltkzs7o.mp4