Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Breetai posted:

Happy new year to everyone except for my fuckwit aunt who decided that having a family gathering for lunch at 1:30 sharp on new year's loving day is a good idea.

*cough cough* Yeah I'd love to come, but I'm worried I've come down with the Big Can't Be hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
woke up with a twinge in my back

happy new year 2024?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
One twinge in your back on waking up. Oh man, I miss those days. Good times.

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."
Happy new year! The fireworks didn’t spook my cats this year, they were weirdly chill about the ordeal.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
the dog was very chill with the fireworks but then woke me up at 4 am going ape poo poo after she knocked her waterbowl over in her crate

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Bald Stalin posted:

Hai. Had to make my own for turkey stuffing since there's no such thing as jimmy deans here

it's not too hard. mix some pork mince with brown sugar and seasonings, bam, instant jimmy deans.

you'll actually taste the herbs and seasoning too, i stopped eating the premade slop once i tried it to see how it would taste before i moved overseas.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Thanks for letting me know how to make the thing I said I made, appreciate it

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Spent NYE in the hospital with two busted ribs and some dodgy liver function tests.

My bikes hosed, the kids are traumatised but I got some mad air.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Dog left the biggest poo poo I've ever seen in the hallway as a new years gift. It's gonna be a good one.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1741617405313593464?t=Y2S6sYkmh-iOEOrEts9qPQ&s=19

hosed up in the crib watching stan originals

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
oh boy here comes the return to work depression

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

it seems not even el nino is safe from the woke trans agenda

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bill Posters posted:

Spent NYE in the hospital with two busted ribs and some dodgy liver function tests.

My bikes hosed, the kids are traumatised but I got some mad air.

So how many kids did you jump over and how many did you land on?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i dont like matt shirvingtons face

ili
Jul 26, 2003

You're looking at the wrong head.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Bet I can punch madder cones than that Matt shrivingtom

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He probably punches cones that are 75% skiff.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah but Shirvo wouldn't ban a fella for wearing a turban so y'know swings and roundabouts.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've gone deaf in my sleep.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Funky no hear

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im back at work and I dont like it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I got my hearing back in my left ear. This is the weirdest cold.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Funky See Funky Do posted:

reset bluetooth

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i dont like matt shirvingtons face

my grandfather, in his 90s, is absolutely convinced Matt Doran and Matt Shirvington are the same person, even though their faces look nothing alike

I mean they're both morning TV fuckwits but at least Shirvington achieved something as an athlete I guess

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

spaceblancmange posted:

reset bluetooth

That fell out years ago.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Okay who stole Warnies hat? He's not going to play if he can't hide the bald spot.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If you're losing hearing from a cold, it might be due to build-up of pressure inside the ear.

You should definitely see a doctor about it because that sort of thing can permanently damage your hearing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Im back at work and I dont like it

Me either except for the guy who came in looking for battery world but ended up talking about Night Trap and the Dick Smith rebadge of the TRS-80 and will now probably buy an expensive computer from us, he was cool

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

My work forces everyone to take 3 weeks leave over Christmas so I've got 7 days annual left for the rest of the year.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If you're losing hearing from a cold, it might be due to build-up of pressure inside the ear.

You should definitely see a doctor about it because that sort of thing can permanently damage your hearing.

Im a doctor, i say pinch your nose and blow as hard as you can

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

My work forces everyone to take 3 weeks leave over Christmas so I've got 7 days annual left for the rest of the year.

This is a oval office move.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

its been a while since ive even had holiday pay but imo it should be illegal to even have more than two weeks of forced leave over christmas wtf kind of business just goes afk for 3 fuckin weeks

i guess i know the answer bc i used to work for a place that did this and its bc the sales team who were all the owners family all took 3 weeks holiday over christmas

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Airstream Driver posted:

I used to work for a mob who did this. Depending on how the public holidays lined up you sometimes had to burn 12 days of leave. But it was ok because they gave you one free day and if you did a certain amount of overtime you could get an extra 10 days of leave.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Discovered a snake skin this morning coming out from under the slab out the back, so gonna be a super fun time if I've got a nest under there.

Can I go for 8 red bellies? Lets find out :toot:

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
I worked last week, yet this week I really don't give a poo poo and do not want to work at all. Of course everyone else took leave so stuck working regardless to keep things running.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Our whole service shuts down for a week over Xmas and new year and it’s just extra paid leave they give you on top of the usual annual leave you get…. I’ve taken 1.5 weeks annual leave and into my third week off now, it’s a pretty good gig for that

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I had 3 days off

I should have had more

I dont like this place

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I like my workplace well enough it's just I have better things to do than work.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Airstream Driver posted:

lol your union sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I liked my job better when i was work from home full time