Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We're just innocent men!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

*honk*

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

LifeLynx posted:

I hate this because it makes me momentarily forget we're in for about ten weeks of bitter cold and snow. New England weather is perfect nine months out of the year and hell on earth for three.

are black flies a weather?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mauser posted:

are black flies a weather?
more like a biblical plague imo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mystes posted:

more like a biblical plague imo

You'll die with the black flies picking your bones

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

John Pilger

Basticle posted:

ngl I have no idea what november is

efb

pillsburysoldier posted:

Whats november

It's the 11th month of the year in the Gregorian calendar

euphronius posted:

What is December ??

12th month of the year.

memes:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

This reminds me I've had this idea in my notes app for months:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chess/comments/18vkdgl/a_2nd_chinese_anal_bead_cheating_scandal_and_the/

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Please don’t doxx my wife, who is wearing the hoodie version of this shirt right now

Unrelated:

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

This is just how the borrowing method works. It’s showing that the 10’s column will not have anything. Needing to subtract from a number in the 10-18 range is what you always end up doing to figure out the current column with this method.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

generatrix posted:

This is just how the borrowing method works. It’s showing that the 10’s column will not have anything. Needing to subtract from a number in the 10-18 range is what you always end up doing to figure out the current column with this method.

drat I guess it's not funny then

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Stop laughing it isn't funny

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

generatrix posted:

:dafuq: says right there on the paper its unsolveable

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

Mario Yesyes
Oct 30, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

You'll die with the black flies picking your bones

Oh God, flashbacks of my days with the survey crew...

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

generatrix posted:

Thanks, it was a real head scratcher for me and I'm glad someone in here could steer me right.

Any bird watchers know what that bird is? Looks like a secretary bird but that'd be a weird choice for the context. Maybe it's because they're known to eat snakes?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

voiceless anal fricative posted:

Thanks, it was a real head scratcher for me and I'm glad someone in here could steer me right.

I unironically agree with this meme.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I think we covered this before but in one of the Red Dwarf novels Coca Cola did this by causing a series of supernovae but the guy who took on the task didn’t get to complete it; not sure whether I’d admire the dedication or be angry at the supervillainy

Just kidding it’s the latter

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Food will inexplicably be far superior at the Scratchy Dick's.

Elviscat posted:

New Years Eve in Dallas hat a fireworks and drone show over downtown, sponsored by Coke. They played through popular music from each decade and for the 70s they played that Buy the World a Coke commercial theme while the drones made a bottle pouring more drones out to spell the word DALLAS. The future is now old man.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

drat shame about these movies

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

100% unironically this.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Any bird watchers know what that bird is? Looks like a secretary bird but that'd be a weird choice for the context. Maybe it's because they're known to eat snakes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretarybird

Secretary Bird, they're very cool.

quote:

The importance of snakes in the diet has been exaggerated in the past, although they can be locally important, and venomous species such as adders and cobras are regularly among the types of snakes preyed upon.

The birds often flush prey from tall grass by stomping on the surrounding vegetation.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

You think the bird known for stomping on snakes is a weird choice for the context of stomping on snakes?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

You think the bird known for stomping on snakes is a weird choice for the context of stomping on snakes?

Secretary bird? Former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton? Connect the wake up dots sheeple!1

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Coworker's last name is Sampson. He told the barista at Starbucks "Sampson, with a P."
He is now Pampson.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

its all nice on rice posted:

Coworker's last name is Sampson. He told the barista at Starbucks "Sampson, with a P."
He is now Pampson.

Oh I see you've already met my friends Psampson and Psmith.

mystes
May 31, 2006

just don't get psimon's order wrong or you're in trouble

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SimonSays posted:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I don't know what that is, for which I am grateful

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

I don't know what that is, for which I am grateful

It's Pittisborum Psercy Pystachi Pseter Psersimmon Plummer-Push.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
https://x.com/realrclark25/status/1741906355861016991?s=46&t=G6CJ0SXAYnboFhRP-mw0TA

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

freeedr posted:

drat shame about these movies

The first one has the unfortunate homophobic/trap reveal, what's up with the 2nd one (other than being an Ace Ventura sequel)?

SimonSays posted:

One of your friends is Smith spelled with a P? Smiph? :raise:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Elviscat posted:

Biplane posted:

100% unironically this.

let us fight together, my brothers

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Takes No Damage posted:

The first one has the unfortunate homophobic/trap reveal, what's up with the 2nd one (other than being an Ace Ventura sequel)?

Primitive black tribespeople = funneh

Which is a shame, because there are some legitimately classic funny bits in both movies.
Ace's reaction to the spears in his legs is still quoted around the office when two things go wrong at the same time. "Aaaaah.... AAAAAH!"

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

Using "trap" in that context is a slur.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

he's definitely self-aware and trolling at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

If you walk up to me and say “I’m going to dress Tommy Davidson up like a racist caricature and have him whooping and screeching and throwing a spear in a dirt pit” I am going to kick you in the crotch as hard as I can and when you double over I’m going to kick you in the mouth too