Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Eej posted:

The most commonly picked supports I've seen are built Luochas and whaled out Blades. People generally don't like Jingliu because she eats your party's HP which is annoying when you're just trying to farm stuff. For reference, my friend with E0S1 Luocha with like 4k+ attack nets around 12-20k credits per day from friend usages.

I put Luocha and Blade as my support and got literally 0 credits in two weeks. I get maybe 4000 a week with DHIL. I would think people would want AOE damage of something they are missing vs support, you do not need much health for calyxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I found an e6 whale lord jingliu that I use for farming all the time. Echoes of War go quick with her

No idea why anyone would need sustain for farming, I wanna go fast

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eej posted:

People generally don't like Jingliu because she eats your party's HP which is annoying when you're just trying to farm stuff.

I was shocked to find out that she can straight up kill your team members if you're not careful; I assumed that there'd be a cap if a character's HP dipped below a certain point, but lol nope.

I still love her though

Samurai_Hitman
Sep 19, 2000

Shinji2015 posted:

I was shocked to find out that she can straight up kill your team members if you're not careful; I assumed that there'd be a cap if a character's HP dipped below a certain point, but lol nope.

I still love her though

That's definitely not supposed to happen, the text of Jingliu's talent says it isn't supposed to drop ally HP below 1. Now being at 1HP makes it pretty easy for a DoT or literally anything else to take someone out, but Jingliu's HP drain shouldn't be able to do it by itself.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

There's even an achievement for draining another party member's HP down to 1 with Jingliu's abilities.

My most borrowed characters are Jing Yuan and Seele. I also used someone else's Jingliu a lot while bringing mine up.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Traveller posted:

There's even an achievement for draining another party member's HP down to 1 with Jingliu's abilities.

I got this one after getting owned by the big lotto curio that does 99% damage to all

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Samurai_Hitman posted:

That's definitely not supposed to happen, the text of Jingliu's talent says it isn't supposed to drop ally HP below 1. Now being at 1HP makes it pretty easy for a DoT or literally anything else to take someone out, but Jingliu's HP drain shouldn't be able to do it by itself.

Really? This was weeks ago, but I remember the situation because I was specifically watching my DanIL (who was sitting at a sliver of health after eating a massive hit the turn before) to see if it could happen, and he definitely croaked from the health drain. Is it possible it was a bug?

gently caress, now I wish I had recorded it. I swear it happened, but if it's not supposed to happen it's entirely possible that I'm completely misremembering or just misinterpreted what actually occurred

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pain of Mind posted:

I put Luocha and Blade as my support and got literally 0 credits in two weeks. I get maybe 4000 a week with DHIL. I would think people would want AOE damage of something they are missing vs support, you do not need much health for calyxes.

Luocha is good for Phantylia farming if you don't have him.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Luocha is good for Phantylia farming if you don't have him.

Good for the bug, too.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I've had Kafka set as my support since I got her and I get regular credits. Pretty sure it's just one friend of mine using her, but credits are credits.

otoh, I've really started wanting Jingliu since using her as a support, especially since I got Blade, so I've been providing regular credits to Jingliu havers.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

hell yea, come to me E1 Ruan Mei in about 30 rolls after the first.

still no Xueyis at all

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Ugh, It feels like every fight since hitting roughly 80 is that the boss either suddenly decides it can one shot my 6k health healer, or it just starts taking twice as many turns as my characters.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Anora posted:

Ugh, It feels like every fight since hitting roughly 80 is that the boss either suddenly decides it can one shot my 6k health healer, or it just starts taking twice as many turns as my characters.

I feel ya- since hitting 70 so many fights feel like they take three times as long

Also, gently caress those multiplying bug guys to hell forever

Also also, to the more experience players in the thread, I ask: what is the most efficient order of operations in terms of activity energy spent to power gain? Outside of time in Herta's fun house I've been trying to focus on leveling characters, then weapons, then artifacts, then talents. Should I be doing it differently?

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I feel ya- since hitting 70 so many fights feel like they take three times as long

Also, gently caress those multiplying bug guys to hell forever

Also also, to the more experience players in the thread, I ask: what is the most efficient order of operations in terms of activity energy spent to power gain? Outside of time in Herta's fun house I've been trying to focus on leveling characters, then weapons, then artifacts, then talents. Should I be doing it differently?

Switch talents and artifacts; also don’t completely neglect any one of them as you’re leveling but yeah that priority list is roughly right other than the aforementioned. If your traces are level seven and your artifacts are +0 that’s bad tho. Also don’t spread too thin, build a strong first team then a strong second then start building situational sub units.

Edit:

- echo of war is the most efficient way to get materials for cost, do it three times a week while leveling

- more specifically for artifacts prioritize getting the right main stats, then good substat rolls, then set bonuses. Level pieces that have potential in increments of three and if the substat rolls suck then mulch it into a new possibly good piece. This process sucks rear end lol

NBA FAN !!!!!!! fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 2, 2024

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The first priority is to get your supports and sustains to a minimum level of acceptability. This means level 70 - you can hold off on leveling them to 80 for a long time, level 7 traces in their relevant support buttons(e.g. pela's ult, tingyun's skill/ult, lynx's skill/ult); you can skip stat and passive traces that don't improve their survivability or directly assist their support role in some way completely for the time being(i.e. you don't need to spend materials on buffing pela's ice damage or asta's fire damage just yet). For their gear, get it to +12 and don't really sweat set bonuses initially - you generally just want speed boots and as much survivability as you can the vast majority of supports. I recommend doing this first because it's extremely cheap compared to what comes next and having a stable of functional supports is key to every combat party.

Once you have a couple of supports and a sustain at the minimum acceptability threshold, I would pick the DPS you want to build and focus on blinging them out. You really don't want to skimp on your DPS - unlike supports, who can accomplish their jobs with barebones investment, almost every DPS demands tremendous investment to do their job well enough. In rough order of priority I'd go something like:

Level 70 > Traces to 7 > Light Cone to 70 > Relics to +15 > Light Cone to 80 > Level 80 > Traces above 7

With the exact specifics varying depending on the specific character, like DoT characters placing a much higher priority of getting the skill trace tied to their DoT multiplier maxed out ASAP. I wouldn't half-rear end this process or split your attention too much, because a damage dealer really won't become effectively usable at all until you've started at least getting their relics to +12 in this process.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 2, 2024

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I get about 10k a day on my e0 Topaz, which I assume is because everyone else has Jingliu or Blade or Better Daniel up and someone out there enjoys tossing the pig around. I wonder what’ll happen when ratio happens

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Same. It’s funny that Topaz is the character making me money. Seems suitable for her.

Can I just say how excited I am for Dr. Ratio? I can’t wait to see how he does with her, but also Welt. The game gave me e1 plus his LC so I’d love to see some more serious use for him.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I have my Himeko out there and she gets me a decent trickle, I'd say between 4 and 10k a day. I could use one of the more meta dps but I will never let Himeko go.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, re: Relics

Don't do stupid poo poo like destroy a pair of speed boots or an attack rope with 9 speed because they're the wrong set, and you think you'll never use them again. Keep that poo poo.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

Also, re: Relics

Don't do stupid poo poo like destroy a pair of speed boots or an attack rope with 9 speed because they're the wrong set, and you think you'll never use them again. Keep that poo poo.

I think most of us have the opposite problem of being terrified to recycle anything :(

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ol' Natasha's still got it, I guess. But I had to spend a lot of SP I could've given to Kafka/Sampo for her to be able to actually sustain so it ended up being too close for comfort.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I think most of us have the opposite problem of being terrified to recycle anything :(

I wish. I'm still mad about that Attack rope.

blizzardvizard posted:

Ol' Natasha's still got it, I guess. But I had to spend a lot of SP I could've given to Kafka/Sampo for her to be able to actually sustain so it ended up being too close for comfort.

Good job! I managed 2 on 11&12 each. Maybe I'll revisit them when Ratio and Herta are up and running.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Besides making creatures that look like other characters, what do you do in this new event?

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

padijun posted:

Besides making creatures that look like other characters, what do you do in this new event?

There's a couple of missions in the middle where you fight crime with Peppy, but that's about it

It's cute, but it's kind of a weak event gameplay-wise

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

don't mind that its a bit short, since gold and gears is gonna take a long while to get everything

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

padijun posted:

Get really mad that I can't buy physical plushies of the creatures that look like other characters

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
talk to them and listen to them meow and munya munya

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

banning path blessings in the greatest thing in gold.
no dot blessings for my team when they have none

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Nihility is worth it just for weakness efficiency up, imo.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Eimi posted:

I have my Himeko out there and she gets me a decent trickle, I'd say between 4 and 10k a day. I could use one of the more meta dps but I will never let Himeko go.

it's from me

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So I just pulled Bronya and I was looking at her team builds and.. I have none of those characters. I'm really struggling with my team synergy, I've just been throwing in whoever has the right elements. Here's who I've got available:

MC, March 7, Han, Herta, Natasha, Serval, Xueyi, Tingyun, Yukong, Hook, Asta, Welt, Bronya.

The "mains" I've been using for things are 30-40. What would be a solid team for main content out of who I have?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

New Leaf posted:

So I just pulled Bronya and I was looking at her team builds and.. I have none of those characters. I'm really struggling with my team synergy, I've just been throwing in whoever has the right elements. Here's who I've got available:

MC, March 7, Han, Herta, Natasha, Serval, Xueyi, Tingyun, Yukong, Hook, Asta, Welt, Bronya.

The "mains" I've been using for things are 30-40. What would be a solid team for main content out of who I have?

Any eidolons?

My first inclination is:

Welt(support + enables dratio with his slow debuff), Natasha(healer), serval(AOE bc dratio has no aoe), dr. ratio(Dan or hook in meantime)

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 2, 2024

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Grats on pulling Bronya, one if the absolute best support in game. Don't worry about team building around her, she's so strong that you can just stick her in any teams no problem at all.

Invest in her, she's going to be on your team for a looooong time

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bronya goes with nearly everyone. The tier lists will say Blade and Jingliu because those are two of the top three dps currently in the game. But she will seriously work with every dps you're currently using and will even be fine with Ratio when you get him. She's also the second strongest Harmony unit in the game now that Ruan Mei exists.

The only people Bronya doesn't work with are Dragon Dan, Quinque, and Clara. Even then, she's fine, she just requires a bit more brain power.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Like people are saying, definitely invest in Bronya. I'd level Natasha too: any gear you build for her should be useful for when you get a better healer and she's only bad by comparison, she does her main job just fine. Serval is easy to build and surprisingly strong. A lot of story enemies are weak to electricity too which helps. I never invested heavily into March but she's supposed to be good and could add some survivability if you start struggling. You've got some flexibility for that 4th character.

We're also getting a free 5 star soon, Dr. Ratio, and it seems like he's going to be a strong dps so you could switch to him easily.

Bronya - Serval/Ratio - Natasha - Welt/MC/March

It's cheap to level characters until about 60 so you've got some time to decide.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Before your DPS are set up properly, she can feel a bit underwhelming because her job is to let them act again, but she is a phenomenal support and definitely the best standard banner character. Even when you don't have the sp to use her skill, her basic attack advances her forward so she's effective at generating sp too.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Serval is actually a decent partner for Ratio. She provides 1-2 debuffs and can be played as a skill positive dps. Bronya/Serval/Ratio/Natasha wouldn't be a bad beginning team.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

New Leaf posted:

Ratio, Welt, Bronya, Natasha is totally a solid team. Until you get Ratio you could run Serval and be fine I think.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

Serval is actually a decent partner for Ratio. She provides 1-2 debuffs

Are you sure dots count as debuffs for the purposes of ratios followup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

Also, real talk. Focus on Tingyun, Bronya, Welt, Natasha. You want to upgrade Nat ASAP, but the only real upgrade for you is Gepard. Lynx is a side grade at best unless you start maining a Destruction character.

When Ratio shows up, decide if he feels better with Tingyun or Bronya. But you don't want to ignore either of those supports, even if one sits on the bench for a while.