Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Seahawks gonna win and miss the playoffs, Jordan Love's ascension begins in 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I could see Deebo playing to see if he gets going. He's a hot hand away from being the third 1k receiver.

Really I wouldn't be surprised if everyone but CMC/Brock/Trent on offense got a few series. Defense same thing: very limited snap count, go have fun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Deebo will want to play becuase he is 150 or so receiving yards from 1000. I'm pretty sure it is less than that but it's more than 125.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Deebo will want to play becuase he is 150 or so receiving yards from 1000. I'm pretty sure it is less than that but it's more than 125.

129, per ESPN https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3126486/deebo-samuel

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Nervous posted:

Seahawks gonna win and miss the playoffs, Jordan Love's ascension begins in 2024

And Seattle will be better for it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Maybe it'll be Wentz, Henderson, and Atwell for all the marbles!

We have the #1 seed. The Rams will be playing for maybe a marble at best.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm having a hard time believing Jordan Love is good. My gut tells me he is a middling QB. Not bad, but not a guy to give a massive contract in 2 years. Or is it 1 year?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

its all nice on rice posted:

And Seattle will be better for it.

Probably, but I'll always prefer being in the playoffs to not. You never know when the opposing teams will all collectively get super COVID ebola and you get a free path to the super bowl.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
So confirmed, no CMC or Armstead

quote:

Niners coach Kyle Shanahan said Monday that star running back Christian McCaffrey is dealing with a "mild" strain of his right calf and will not play in Week 18 against the Los Angeles Rams.
McCaffrey isn't the only Niner dealing with an injury. Cornerback Ambry Thomas played with a broken hand against Washington and will have surgery Tuesday. Shanahan said the injury is likely to keep Thomas out against the Rams, but he too should be ready to return for the postseason.

Defensive tackle Arik Armstead, who has not played since a Dec. 3 win against the Philadelphia Eagles because of a foot injury, will again sit out Sunday with the hope he can be ready for the postseason. Safety Ji'Ayir Brown (knee) is day-to-day as he continues to rehab, while receiver Jauan Jennings and offensive lineman Jaylon Moore remain in concussion protocol.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I could see the Rams playing Nacua enough on Sunday to grab the rookie receiving records. He needs 4 catches and 29 yards to be number 1 in both categories. McVay has never really given a poo poo about seeding otherwise so it will be a very preseason vibes game.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

I could see the Rams playing Nacua enough on Sunday to grab the rookie receiving records. He needs 4 catches and 29 yards to be number 1 in both categories. McVay has never really given a poo poo about seeding otherwise so it will be a very preseason vibes game.

I'm only half kidding about the thumb wrestling thing. Maybe the two teams should just hold a joint practice, and do a field goal contest to decide the game winner.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'd be down with just a hug it out for an hour and take a tie.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Why would the 49ers play any of their key players? Let them play a down for contract stuff if it matters, then bench them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well at least one Seattle team is a title contender this year

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

I'm only half kidding about the thumb wrestling thing. Maybe the two teams should just hold a joint practice, and do a field goal contest to decide the game winner.

I disagree with this more than I have ever disagreed with anything ever in the history of life.

Edit: I'm on my way to LAX because I've been told that I can kick a ball better than any anyone that's been on the roster this year. Look for me!

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 2, 2024

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Why would the 49ers play any of their key players? Let them play a down for contract stuff if it matters, then bench them.

Yup, none of the stars should play more than any contractual minimum they might have. A little sore? Sit. A mild sprain? No helmet for you. Concussion protocol? gently caress that, take an extra week to recover.

Darnold2Bell for 35.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

mllaneza posted:

We have the #1 seed. The Rams will be playing for maybe a marble at best.

My statement was about game marbles, not the entire kit and caboodle.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The Rams cut K Lucas Havrisik, then signed K Brett Maher to replace him.

Maher is not the greatest, but he's much better than Havrisik.

The Rams should be able to sign a solid kicker this coming off season based on them having more money to use than they had at the beginning of this season.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

The Rams cut K Lucas Havrisik, then signed K Brett Maher to replace him.

Maher is not the greatest, but he's much better than Havrisik.

The Rams should be able to sign a solid kicker this coming off season based on them having more money to use than they had at the beginning of this season.

The Niners drafted a kicker in the third round and he's been solid other than that Browns game.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I've got a bad feeling I'm about to enter my own personal hell next Monday.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Wentz is starting for the Rams on Sunday.

It's happening.

Edit: Shanahan says Purdy won't play and Darnold will start.

Wentz. Darnold. Sunday, NFC Best.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 3, 2024

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Coldforge posted:

Wentz is starting for the Rams on Sunday.

It's happening.

Edit: Shanahan says Purdy won't play and Darnold will start.

Wentz. Darnold. Sunday, NFC Best.

Time to drop the price on my tickets again. Or maybe I'll go watch the clownshow, who knows lol.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

You should absolutely go watch this battle of the heavyweights

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MakaVillian posted:

You should absolutely go watch this battle of the heavyweights

Sam. Darnold.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ve said it before and I will say it again: Darnold’s head is an exquisite cube.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
wife and I went to CO to visit her family and went to the Chargers/Broncos game. was a fun enough experience so I grabbed tickets for the Cards game on Sunday. I've been to preseason games but this'll be the first regular season cards game for me. :woop:

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

JPrime posted:

wife and I went to CO to visit her family and went to the Chargers/Broncos game. was a fun enough experience so I grabbed tickets for the Cards game on Sunday. I've been to preseason games but this'll be the first regular season cards game for me. :woop:

Should be a fun game, Seahawks are trying to sneak into the playoffs but the Cardinals always give them fits in the desert no matter the record.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
If you mean they always have a big injury on that garbage rear end field, definitely.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Lifespan posted:

If you mean they always have a big injury on that garbage rear end field, definitely.

I dunno sounds like the Seahawks need the fire in their gut to not injure themselves on artificial turf. Feels like a skill issue :smuggo:

I hate that stupid turf

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought AZ had the cool sliding grass field. Did they remove the grass?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Cook signing with the Ravens, interesting

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought AZ had the cool sliding grass field. Did they remove the grass?

It's a grass field but there always seems to be a big injury when the Hawks play there.
It's like Metlife. The green demands blood.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

looks like I won't get to watch a meaningful 49ers game until the 20th. drat this wretched 1-seed bye!!

guess I'll just go back to googling "Arik Armstead injury update" every day

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jason-verrett-season-ending-surgery/1688271/

I have no idea what Jason Verrett did to deserve the horrendous injury luck he's had in his career

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

That fully sucks.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

MakaVillian posted:

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jason-verrett-season-ending-surgery/1688271/

I have no idea what Jason Verrett did to deserve the horrendous injury luck he's had in his career

Yeah that's awful. Good player who just can't stay healthy.

Anyways I'm going to enjoy the Sam Darnold experience tomorrow with some chili and homemade sourdough bread.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope Darnold balls out and beats the Rams. Cuz LOL.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Well apparently Derrick Deese likes me enough and gave me tickets to tomorrow's game with a parking pass for the green lot. Going to enjoy Sam Darnold smoking the Rams!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
got my mobile tickets and parking ready for tomorrow. amazing how much more excited i am for a game that's only a 15 minute drive away and doesn't involve my inlaws.

seahawks still have something to play for right, so the cards will have something to play for by playing spoiler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, the Cards can knock the Seahawks out of the playoffs by winning. The Seahawks need that win and a Packers loss.