Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

We don't play enough, but the 6 year old loves all the games we've put at him, good and bad. Good include Takenoko, Gravwell and Tsuro, bad is lead by Star of Africa, which is a Danish classic combining roll to move, bullshit luck and colonialism. Yatzee also sucks, and we are refusing to play bug cards because there are no choices to be made.

His equally autistic friend is hugely into trains, so I was thinking of getting them Ticket to Ride, but I'm getting some sore loser vibes from him, so the plan is slightly on hold. I might have to dig out the coop games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
my goal is that by 10 years old we’ll have a +1 for mage knight

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
just got the ticket to ride "first journey" for christmas so we've been playing that

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
and mario party, been doing a game of that each day since xmas

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

PerniciousKnid posted:

They have, kids are just dumb. Most of the crap games in our house are from garage sale finds, I'm not driving to target to get that garbage.

can't argue with that!

sonatinas posted:

my goal is that by 10 years old we’ll have a +1 for mage knight

the dream...

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Love to have the kid running around barefoot in a state bordering Canada on January 1.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
"Hey dad, can we get Uno?"

"We have Uno at home"

The Uno at home:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My daughter is sometimes able to play as Yoshi in Mario Wonder but frustrates too easily so I still mostly just play stuff for her. 3.5 is officially old enough for her mom to sign off on me playing the Link's Awakening remake for her and she's hooked but I forgot how short it is. We've done three sessions and beaten three dungeons.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

just got the ticket to ride "first journey" for christmas so we've been playing that

Us too! My 3yo likes the pieces, my 7yo enjoys the game.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

we play a lot of Sorry and Uno in our house.

they've even got new uno decks that are theme with like Mario or Zelda characters so little kids can match pictures instead of numbers.

We have sponge bob uno

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

That's neat, same here. We've been playing a lot of pictureka in our house. Even the three year old seems to enjoy it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
We tried an activity today of using a stapler and making a book with the 4 year old, so now we have two books titled "The Wolf and the Bad Guys" and "The Bad Guys Who Fought The Wolf"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ikanreed posted:

We tried an activity today of using a stapler and making a book with the 4 year old, so now we have two books titled "The Wolf and the Bad Guys" and "The Bad Guys Who Fought The Wolf"

Already letting them "both sides" the issue of bad guys and wolves?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
That's halfway to a Roshamon

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
on the note of wolves make sure you explain to your kids that the three little pigs is a story about colonization and the wolf is the good guy

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What is a dog but a wolf free of the shackles of man.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HootTheOwl posted:

What is a dog but a wolf free of the shackles of man.

little bit backwards

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
true, it is the wolf that wears the shackles of ignorance

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

on the note of wolves make sure you explain to your kids that the three little pigs is a story about colonization and the wolf is the good guy

Start them early on Green Jelly/o.

Also, the Roald Dahl version of Goldilocks is the official canon in our house.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Our biggest board game hit across ages has so far been Ribbity Fibbity. It has Candy Land movement but with a hand of three cards, and certain spaces give points in addition to the early finish points, so there's some tension between going fast or hitting all the point spaces. It's not bad.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

little bit backwards

Not since we almost killed them all and had to reintroduce them to the wild

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

That's halfway to a Roshamon

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
My 3yo has started adding Amen to random statements. "Sister hit meeee! Amen."

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

PerniciousKnid posted:

My 3yo has started adding Amen to random statements. "Sister hit meeee! Amen."

Matters mastered religion at 3, wow.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

ikanreed posted:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

If the fart really killed everyone, then why is there a sequel? I hope you fired your kid for that blunder.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Elissimpark posted:

If the fart really killed everyone, then why is there a sequel? I hope you fired your kid for that blunder.

We need a prequel to know why the Fart wanted to kill everyone!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The Fart That Killed Everyone 2 is actually a story about self reflection, guilt and regret

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Did you learn nothing from Star Wars?

More seriously, I love books written by kids. My 7yo puts blurbs on hers.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Microplastics posted:

The Fart That Killed Everyone 2 is actually a story about self reflection, guilt and regret

You're not even joking, are you?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
It's from here https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/8otb8l/this_eightyearold_is_going_places/?rdt=35115

The content of the two books is probably in the comments somewhere. I gotta admit I would absolutely read those books

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Lol. From the comments:

2Fart2Furious

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A work of fart

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
If the fart killed everyone, who told the story?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

SirPablo posted:

If the fart killed everyone, who told the story?

The fart

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Told with the voice of the victor, one as old as time.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
My 20 month old has suddenly gotten super picky about food, and refuses to sleep if she can help it. Tough times.

She eats yogurt, peas with tomato sauce, potatoes, boiled egg white, strawberries, grapes, spaghetti or tofu.

Other items are variable.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

A regular Farthur Miller right here

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

SirPablo posted:

Told with the voice of the victor, one as old as time.

Turns out everyone who died at the Fart's hands was a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The Fart That Killed Everyone Vol. 3