Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

In that case, how do the worms decide which ones get to be Gog-Agog and which ones are stuck being a fuckin carpet or something

Is there a chore wheel

How do the cells of your body decide which become your brain and which become the epithelial tissue of your anus? I suspect individual worms don't have much thought or volition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mr. Lobe posted:

How do the cells of your body decide which become your brain and which become the epithelial tissue of your anus? I suspect individual worms don't have much thought or volition

Hey, pal
The wormsters union #9094909 resents this baseless assumption

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

That's no fun at all, also Gog's whole deal is that everything you see is the product of very conscious frantic scrabbling under the surface to produce an affect. Look at the first time we see her, she's got this whole retinue of weird dwarves working on her but the dwarves are an illusion, it's all worms doing a puppet show; she could just decide to look however and instantly be that way (and does, when it's funnier) but instead ends up going to tremendous effort to create these layers of artifice crafting artifice, entirely for its own sake - she knows it's not real and dispenses with the illusion when another suits her better, the other demiurges know perfectly well that if they bothered spare her a glance they'd be looking at a pile of worms playing with itself.

If any single thing about her that was just natural or unconscious she'd just be a universe-sized version of Mammon's mimic chair room, but someone gave the mimics anxiety and now they're spending all their time mimicking a troupe of actors pretending to be slightly different actors etc. etc. it rules

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 31, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

We gave these worms a seventh of the blazing fires of creations and anxiety, as a joke. Let’s see what happens!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Not that much really. It's not the worms who started an omnicidal war.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

what if the worms had bazookas, grenades, and ninja ropes

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

YaketySass posted:

Going by this sequence:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-7-62/

It's probably all worms. Including the hair somehow? Must be magic.
I think this page is a prime example for gog-cultists deal.
The rank and file aren't entirely made of worms, but contain some and are manipulated/guided/gogmind'd/puppet'd by said worms.
And at any point in time, Gog can decide to take direct control and/or make them entirely worms however they see fit. Plausibly because Gog thinks its funny.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

If any single thing about her that was just natural or unconscious she'd just be a universe-sized version of Mammon's mimic chair room, but someone gave the mimics anxiety and now they're spending all their time mimicking a troupe of actors pretending to be slightly different actors etc. etc. it rules

"What do you mean, "what do you mean 'you worms?'"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol "he will face the beast and annihilate it" "& his name will be kill six billion demons"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Lol "he will face the beast and annihilate it" "& his name will be kill six billion demons"
I don't the bearer of that particular word is going to be happy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is it sonic hedgehog that does that, or does it just sort out how many limbs and sublimbs you have and where they're supposed to go?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
P sure it's actually pretty complex and when it goes wrong you get one of several of the many kinds of cancers

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Phy posted:

Is it sonic hedgehog that does that, or does it just sort out how many limbs and sublimbs you have and where they're supposed to go?

It's not solely SSH by any means but yeah Sonic Hedgehog Protein is extremely key in a lot of cell differentiation and organogenesis and layout. It's called a morphogen.

P sure it's actually pretty complex and when it goes wrong you get one of several of the many kinds of cancers

Yeah, and sonic hedgehog errors are linked to a lot of cancer. There's a lot of studies about trying to stop it when we need to, including the use of robotnikinin, able to bind and inhibit SHH.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 1, 2024

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MikeJF posted:

It's not solely SSH by any means but yeah Sonic Hedgehog Protein is extremely key in a lot of cell differentiation and organogenesis and layout. It's called a morphogen.

Yeah, and sonic hedgehog errors are linked to a lot of cancer. There's a lot of studies about trying to stop it when we need to, including the use of robotnikinin, able to bind and inhibit SHH.
I don’t know if I love or hate geneticists right now.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

plzbeabitplzbeabitplzbe
God loving drat it nerds

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Didn't a bunch of cancer patients get pretty distressed about that gene's name

Also

maswastaken posted:

I don't the bearer of that particular word is going to be happy.

I don't think anybody is gonna be overjoyed, but gog will be defeated

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Didn't a bunch of cancer patients get pretty distressed about that gene's name

For a little bit there was a complaint about the general practice of silly names for genes (Mothers against decapentaplegic, Pikachurin, radical fringe, sonic hedgehog, etc) but that's largely died away due to a standard practice to use gene initialisms when talking about human patients. Sonic Hedgehog is just the SHH gene when you're talking about a patient.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 1, 2024

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The name comes from the hedgehog signaling pathway, hh, so named because fruit fly larvae with an error had a squat and spiny "hedgehog" shape. Three genes were identified, IHH, DHH, and SHH, Indian, desert, and sonic.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

girl dick energy posted:

Wait till you hear about OBI1, R2D2 and C3PO.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MikeJF posted:

For a little bit there was a complaint about the general practice of silly names for genes (Mothers against decapentaplegic, Pikachurin, radical fringe, sonic hedgehog, etc) but that's largely died away due to a standard practice to use gene initialisms when talking about human patients. Sonic Hedgehog is just the SHH gene when you're talking about a patient.

Was that not standard practice before?

I'm sorry, the tests came back positive... it's Tumory McTumorface. Even with treatment, the six-month prognosis is poor, but I can write you some prescriptions to help manage the pain... for a time

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

girl dick energy posted:

Sonic Hedge Hog has the excuse of being from a family of so-called hedgehog genes. The Pikachu gene, I think, had a thinner pretense for its name, having something to do with "lightning quick" retinal nerve signals or something. There was a Pokémon gene too, but Nintendo got upset by the "Pokemon causes cancer" headlines it caused, so it had to be renamed.

On the other hand, new animal species are still totally open game for silly names. Apparently there's now an actual roach named pheromosa, for one.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

lightrook posted:

On the other hand, new animal species are still totally open game for silly names. Apparently there's now an actual roach named pheromosa, for one.

Warhammer Community posted:

We caught up with Shahan to get the scoop on this awesome turn of events. He was quick to set one thing straight, though – “The species Abaddon despoliator is an arachnid – not a spider,* per se. They don’t have fangs or venom, and they don’t make silk.” Fair enough.

All you need is a biologist superfan and you could get a worm named Goggus agoggus.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Z the IVth posted:

All you need is a biologist superfan and you could get a worm named Goggus agoggus.

I'm a biologist! If I ever get to name a worm I'll name it Gogagog gogagog .

Edit: oh it's a palendrome, no wonder my eyes loving hate reading it!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

mycomancy posted:

I'm a biologist! If I ever get to name a worm I'll name it Gogagog gogagog .

Edit: oh it's a palendrome, no wonder my eyes loving hate reading it!

Gogagog yourpal

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't think anybody is gonna be overjoyed, but gog will be defeated
If Allison kills Gog Agog instead of being nice to her, I will switch to team Jaggs :colbert:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
G. yourpal is my favorite of all the worm species.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Gog is very "want-y." Dunno how this affects the sword. Dunno how able gog is to shape her (their?) own fate or even if it (she?) has actual desires or identity in any remotely meaningful way at all.

Is the psychology of a worm more than "Y/N: am I being stepped on rn?" What happens if you make that a god?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Gog: allison would you still love me if I was a worm 🥺

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gog is very "want-y." Dunno how this affects the sword. Dunno how able gog is to shape her (their?) own fate or even if it (she?) has actual desires or identity in any remotely meaningful way at all.

Is the psychology of a worm more than "Y/N: am I being stepped on rn?" What happens if you make that a god?

Worms eat all day

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I remember reading that Gog is the only Demiurge that could actually make Jagganoth sweat and I always assumed it was because every worm is Gog. To kill her I figured you'd need to kill every single one of her worms and until the Wheel is completely gone I think there will be a worm or two left. She might not actually be able to stop Jagganoth but she can sure as hell make him work for the win.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I don't think it's really Allison who's got anything to say to your pal Gog-Agog anyway

TGG posted:

I remember reading that Gog is the only Demiurge that could actually make Jagganoth sweat and I always assumed it was because every worm is Gog. To kill her I figured you'd need to kill every single one of her worms and until the Wheel is completely gone I think there will be a worm or two left. She might not actually be able to stop Jagganoth but she can sure as hell make him work for the win.

We've seen that all the other demiurges are still just people under all that power, they do normal human stuff turned up to 11 and just like a normal human one good hit and they're finished. Under all that power, Gog-Agog is The Thing.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 2, 2024

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

TGG posted:

his best trick we've seen so far is to make himself huge and throw 50,000 swords at someone and that ain't gonna kill Gog Agog

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

his best trick we've seen so far is to make himself huge and throw 50,000 swords at someone and that ain't gonna kill Gog Agog

If there is any number of swords that can kill Gog-Agog, Jagganoth is the only one who stands a chance at throwing that many.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah, he's going to need at least 60,000

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yeah it's called obliterating the universe

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Jag also is basically so fuckin sick of this poo poo he can hang out in a black hole until it evaporates or whatever. He's done. He's so entirely hosed up he's a purestrain wrath deity, he's practically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FNLr7M_REY

Like might as well stab that sword into his own eye same difference at this point. gently caress, with the release date for all I know this album is about this actual discussion.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think Gog Agog loses to Jagganoth, but it would be a longer fight than he wants. All of the other demiurges could slow him down, Gog just has the second best chance of seriously delaying him (Solomon David, by pulling out the black hole ten points death punch, is in first place).

But I don’t think Gog beats Jagganoth in a fight and I don’t think it’s close. Notably, we’ve never seen her throw anything but More Worm Mass at anyone; her power is just having so much worm mass that it becomes crushing. Which is clearly pretty effective but isn’t really going to get past Jagganoth’s deal.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The armies of Jagganoth can bring the fight to the other demiurge empires, but not to Gog-Agog. If you send an army to fight on a Gogworld, all you have done is increase the mass of worms living on that Gogworld. If Gog can only be defeated by taking out a critical mass of worms (which may be all or very close to all), then Jagganoth will have to personally see to that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I suspect Jagganoth's plan for dealing with Gog is 'render every single universe not just uninhabited but uninhabitable'. That's probably the only way to get her in the end. She can't beat him but he can't beat her short of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MikeJF posted:

I suspect Jagganoth's plan for dealing with Gog is 'render every single universe not just uninhabited but uninhabitable'. That's probably the only way to get her in the end. She can't beat him but he can't beat her short of that.
Lucky for him that's step one of his 'destroy everything' plan as it is.

Though even then, given that she seems to be aware of the cycles, it's possible that 'kill everything and reset the universe' STILL doesn't remove every shred of Gog's existence.