Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

keithy george posted:

I avoided Hardcore Diaries because of it's awful reputation. Read it this year and it's worse than people say it is. Crushing lack of self awareness thoughout, and crosses the line from comically thirsty to borderline sexual harassment.

Could you elaborate on that last bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Breetai posted:

Could you elaborate on that last bit?
Everyone talks about his terrible Melina angle, but there's lots of him talking openly about people like Candace Michelle and Stacey Kiebler constantly, but it gets very weird when he has a chapter about being the safe guy that all the divas hang around, and then talks about getting an erection from eating someone's (Candace's?) unfinished sandwich. You could argue he's trying to "put over" the divas as being hot to the audience, and it's in the service of a joke or something but he doesn't read well at all. I'm sure people will have it out for him for being a "simp" which I thought was unfair, but reading the Hardcore Diaries just seemed, I dunno - at the most generous interpretation, he's trying to impress an imagined audience of teenage boys?

Since I'm getting it off my chest, the sandwich erection story also has him copy and paste sections of his fiction writing, which is the other pillar of the difficult read - through all his angles at this time, it struck me that Mick is going into the writers room with Vince and then just apparently monologging his 30 minute promo ideas where Terry Funk bites Vince on the rear end. It's uncomfortable as you realise that people are humouring his big creative ideas to his face, both his angles and his fiction writing, and then he seems confused as to why it's not the greatest thing ever, and he doesn't seem to collaborate with anyone else on his ideas?

Have A Nice Day is the book that got me into wrestling and I imagine would still be a very interesting read about his career and wrestling.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

keithy george posted:

talks about getting an erection from eating someone's (Candace's?) unfinished sandwich.

gently caress me. I was not prepared to read this sentence lol.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

TheKingslayer posted:

gently caress me. I was not prepared to read this sentence lol.

Now we know what happened to the leftovers of the Merovingian's orgasm cake.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

keithy george posted:

Everyone talks about his terrible Melina angle, but there's lots of him talking openly about people like Candace Michelle and Stacey Kiebler constantly, but it gets very weird when he has a chapter about being the safe guy that all the divas hang around, and then talks about getting an erection from eating someone's (Candace's?) unfinished sandwich. You could argue he's trying to "put over" the divas as being hot to the audience, and it's in the service of a joke or something but he doesn't read well at all. I'm sure people will have it out for him for being a "simp" which I thought was unfair, but reading the Hardcore Diaries just seemed, I dunno - at the most generous interpretation, he's trying to impress an imagined audience of teenage boys?

jesus loving christ

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

finally the rock has come back to wrestle at elimination chamber!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Wrestlemania main event will more than likely be Rock and Jey USO and Rikishi? vs Roman and Sikoa and Jimmy Uso

This will allow for the Rock to have limited injury exposure, and Roman to stay rested when the real main event is Damien Priest cashing in… because WWE.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Excited to see who wrestles more in 2024, Roman or Rocky.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1742077848737714409?s=20

The Rock’s ego would never allow this match to take place at Elimination Chamber lol

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

rock's going to call paul haymen a fat hermaphrodite

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what else will he say

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

what else will he say

daddy eats first? more like daddy eats leftover poontang pie!!!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did Andrade show up?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

No

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

Did Andrade show up?

nah just the rock and jinder mahal whose basis for being a heel to the live audience was “foreigner”

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

yea ok posted:

what else will he say

hell, anything can happen in the wwe universe

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, I'm curious as to what Rock promos are like these days because if you go back and watch some of his "classic" stuff it's full of transphobia and gay panic.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

nah just the rock and jinder mahal whose basis for being a heel to the live audience was “foreigner”

Yeah gently caress that Canadian rear end in a top hat

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, I'm curious as to what Rock promos are like these days because if you go back and watch some of his "classic" stuff it's full of transphobia and gay panic.

he also said the undertaker had a 33 pound head

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How do you weigh a head anyway? Besides removing it from the body.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

How do you weigh a head anyway? Besides removing it from the body.

Easiest way is to weigh the body whole, then without the head, then calculate the difference

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Chinook posted:

Easiest way is to weigh the body whole, then without the head, then calculate the difference

Rock just using the vast resources of WWE's Saudi deal

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The Rock’s ego would never allow this match to take place at Elimination Chamber lol

I've been reliably informed that Perth is the big rub, the place that actually matters, JUNGLE BOY. This is all very concerning

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

FINALLY, THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO... Perth

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rock vs. Roman in a battle of Knifey Spooney.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I want Roman and the Rock play tug-of-war with the belt. Maybe just make that the whole match.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I want Roman and the Rock play tug-of-war with the belt. Maybe just make that the whole match.

The Rock would get gassed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It is genuinely impressive how far the rocks star has fallen in 10 years.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Okay, but what if he gets paid a shitload of money by a bunch of Australian marks?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rhonne posted:

Okay, but what if he gets paid a shitload of money by a bunch of Australian marks?

I feel like the guy with the $950,000,000 net worth and fast and furious residuals of a million a month might not be as susceptible to the $3,000,000 come humiliate yourself payday as Goldberg or Kane

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rhonne posted:

"The balance of power in the WWE Universe has changed!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Shinjobi posted:

Not even 10. Black Adam was a real "emperor has no clothes" moment for him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just wild to think he was considered at one point to be a big box office steroid for action movies, and he flushed it all down da dang toilet

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rock getting pissy about everyone thinking Baywatch sucked was good content.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rhonne posted:

SLOM Down Under, you say?

https://i.imgur.com/HzMBZEG.mp4

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He experienced a bunch of failures in a short period of time. His Titan show was cancelled because of COVID, his Fast & Furious spinoff didn't do as well as the main series films, buying the XFL and whatever happened there, etc.

EDIT: And his tequila loving sucks. I enjoyed Ryan Reynolds basically telling him that to his face while they were doing publicity for that egg movie.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

he finished the story 🥹

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

just remembered the post credit scene in Fast X is The Rock crawling back to the franchise

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was funny how absolutely committed some people (not necessarily here, pls don't probe me again for implying I'm implying anybody here in a statement I'm making explicitly clear that's not the case) were to insisting Dwayne wasn't owned throughout most of those failures. Eventually the sheer volume of how many failures there were was too big to ignore anymore

bartok posted:

just remembered the post credit scene in Fast X is The Rock crawling back to the franchise

WWE couldn't even get first dibs on him crawling back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

EDIT: And his tequila loving sucks. I enjoyed Ryan Reynolds basically telling him that to his face while they were doing publicity for that egg movie.

Teremana just really isn't that great. Clooney's tequila was great stuff, loved using it in a margarita, but Teremana ain't it.