Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What is a hag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Hunting Action Game would be my guess.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hunting action game i assume

also nergigante is just so goddamn cute when he falls asleep

widdle sleepy baby

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jay Rust posted:

Witcher 3 has some excellent hags, if you haven't checked it out yet

auntie ethel set a new standard for hags, the tw3 crones no longer suffice

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hunting and gathering?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

(game of the) Hunting Action Genre

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

auntie ethel set a new standard for hags, the tw3 crones no longer suffice

idk, ethel is fun and walking through her museum was interesting, but the w3 crones are like actually ~twisted~ and depraved, going way further than basic baby-eating

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

(game of the) Hunting Action Genre

The hunting action genre genre? Fail

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no follow along, its the HA genre

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are zelda games RP genres?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Kerrzhe posted:

played a bunch of Monster Hunter World Iceborne today, getting some stuff i needed from the Guiding lands and had a rousing good time

this clip i just thought looked cool as heck. love nergi. love lance.
https://i.imgur.com/j873luz.mp4

and this one was hilarious, zinogre came in outta nowhere and thought he could hang with Rajang, and he got his fuckin rear end beat for his hubris
https://i.imgur.com/548QFmN.mp4

Lance is the best. The reason I never understood the clutch claw hate was due to being a lance main, who get the coolest clutch claw move.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Are zelda games RP genres?

The "Rescue Princess" genre, yes.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Going through my backlog of games since I'm most likely not going to be buying very many this year unless it's on sale or I get it at a really good time and I'm starting off with the Mafia 1 remake. I'm digging it so far, really love the weight of the cars.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

How much do they weigh?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Enough that I've had to mind when I'm supposed to hit the brake compared to when I played The Godfather video game years ago, if that means anything. The speed limiter that you can toggle is also really neat.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Strawberry Panda posted:

What is a hag?

A witch

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

What is a hag?

A sort of gauss shotgun.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Strawberry Panda posted:

What is a hag?
A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

What is a hag?

It stands for Hex Applying Grandmother

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ah, it appears my wife and I have a project this year...

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Bouncing off rogue trader about halfway through, just not doing it for me. Any other BG3-Likes coming out this year?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I was going through a box of papers and found some stuff from when I was little, a drawing of megaman x who apparently wants you to score a touchdown, and a christmas wishlist that's been spilled and scribbled on from 1991

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

were you able to avoid going to jail

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Saint Freak posted:

That's an incredible project, have fun with it!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hwurmp posted:

were you able to avoid going to jail
considering I did not know this thing existed until just now, apparently so

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Frosthaven rules. Enjoy.

Captain Invictus posted:

lol I was going through a box of papers and found some stuff from when I was little, a drawing of megaman x who apparently wants you to score a touchdown, and a christmas wishlist that's been spilled and scribbled on from 1991

You got: Mega Bead Beam!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Captain Invictus posted:

considering I did not know this thing existed until just now, apparently so

This is a good game

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Got the Saints Row 2022 reboot off Epic and have been playing it coop with a friend while we chat on Discord, having the weirdest bug with audio though, during combat seemingly at random either one of us will start getting corrupted in game audio, sometimes both of us sometimes just one of us, I can't find anything about it online, anyone got any ideas what's going on?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

a real rude dude posted:

Got the Saints Row 2022 reboot off Epic and have been playing it coop with a friend while we chat on Discord, having the weirdest bug with audio though, during combat seemingly at random either one of us will start getting corrupted in game audio, sometimes both of us sometimes just one of us, I can't find anything about it online, anyone got any ideas what's going on?

This is not helpful, but I think it might be because you're playing Saints Row 2022

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

CubeTheory posted:

This is not helpful, but I think it might be because you're playing Saints Row 2022

It is absolutely not a good enough game to push through with ear trauma, believe me

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Feldegast42 posted:

That's an incredible project, have fun with it!

Infinitum posted:

Frosthaven rules. Enjoy.

Excited. We've done Gloomhaven digitally (Steam), and Jaws physically.

It looks like there's updated character sheets to bring in the Jaws characters so we're probably going to add them into the mix too since we've got them. Really make it a mess.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

Saint Freak posted:

Excited. We've done Gloomhaven digitally (Steam), and Jaws physically.

It looks like there's updated character sheets to bring in the Jaws characters so we're probably going to add them into the mix too since we've got them. Really make it a mess.

With the Jaws characters Quint seems like a strong choice but doesn't have the HP later on. Brody is good later on with ranged attacks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1742244700072083918?t=OcpEZayxLPMX7QIX9eSWBg&s=19

Despite everything, it's still BGE2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Really really excited for this game. I know its UBISoft, and built on the mass burial grave of Beyond Good & Evil 2 and its assets. But so far it looks really great. And maybe I am also still just riding on the high of Star Wars Jedi Survivor, but that was made by EA Games and is still incredible despite that.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Vermain posted:

don't believe ondore's lies

lol speaking of i am gonna finally beat that game this year. i didnt get very far into it before bouncing on the original PS2 version. i wasnt ready to move away from turnbased combat. Xenoblade has prepared me though. 2024 is gonnabe the year...

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kicked off the new year by getting a Archipelago game up and running. We ended up getting a 5 world game (Doom, Ocarina of Time, Overcooked 2, Sonic Adventure 2, and Hollow Knight) going with 8 players, because we had 4 people on Overcooked.

And honestly? Archipelago works really, really well. Setup was mostly a breeze and you can auto-host a game on the Archipelago servers. We had a little bit of trouble with OoT, but frankly OoT randomizers have always been janky, probably from the combo of ROM patching + emulation. I'm just really impressed at how smoothly everything fits together.

We absolutely did not finish it though. Our Hollow Knight player got a real early finish which did hand out a bunch of items, but our OoT player had to go to bed early so we're waiting on a lot of checks from her. Its luckily asynchronous, so she can just hop on whenever she gets a moment. I really need her to get me Knuckles' Mystic Melody and Shovel Claw, found in Bottom of the Well and Horseback Archery respectively.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Holy poo poo Factory was released for Heroes of Might & Magic 3. The second, newest faction for the Horn of the Abyss fan-made expansion. The Factory faction was initially teased Jan 1st, 2019. 2024 GOTY contender still Heroes of Might and Magic 3 even after 26 years.

Swanky release video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO9_ueEG7JA

HotA v1.7 with Factory changelog and info https://heroes3wog.net/horn-of-the-abyss-v1-7-with-factory-was-released-full-changelog/

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is huge…..

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it too me a second to realize the name of the mod was not "holy poo poo factory"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
welp time to reinstall Horn of the Abyss