Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dave Syndrome posted:

Primitive black tribespeople = funneh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

freeedr posted:

If you walk up to me and say “I’m going to dress Tommy Davidson up like a racist caricature and have him whooping and screeching and throwing a spear in a dirt pit” I am going to kick you in the crotch as hard as I can and when you double over I’m going to kick you in the mouth too

Fair enough. I saw the first one again sometime last year but it's been a lot longer since the 2nd one. That's where those gifs of Carrey dancing around in a grass skirt come from isn't it :(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this gif is clearly going for a usa #1 vibe but those are russian fighter jets. i hope somebody got fired for this blunder

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Every time I get bummed out about Ace Ventura aging poorly (which it did, woof), I remember this film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-5CSevjgbc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've not seen the Ace Ventura movies because they're complete poo poo.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

let us fight together, my brothers

:haibrower:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

freeedr posted:

If you walk up to me and say “I’m going to dress Tommy Davidson up like a racist caricature and have him whooping and screeching and throwing a spear in a dirt pit” I am going to kick you in the crotch as hard as I can and when you double over I’m going to kick you in the mouth too

Do you think his check still cleared for playing pretend?

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

teen witch posted:

Every time I get bummed out about Ace Ventura aging poorly (which it did, woof), I remember this film.

This was heavily panned for the obvious even at the time of release. The worst moral infraction this movie committed was that it’s just fine to lie, anyone trying to expose your lie is the villain, and you will never get caught. In fact if your lie gets big enough, even your honest family members will be forced to participate and then you’ll get the girl in the end.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Perhaps, but I still say "like a glove" out loud every time I park in a tight spot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

teen witch posted:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s a film that I’m downright impressed with how morally bankrupt it is. And Touchstone to release it is the cherry on top. It isn’t on Disney+ here, that’s for sure.

if someone could please do the needful, my god

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

"My painting will singlehandedly change the world and no further action is necessary" -- a thing definitely said by every artist who has produced politically inspired art ever

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That's a dumb thing for them all to say

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Whybird posted:

"My painting will singlehandedly change the world and no further action is necessary" -- a thing definitely said by every artist who has produced politically inspired art ever

Insane boomer energy from a webcomic. "Don't make me uncomfortable about the status-quo with your art" from the same people who brought you "facts don't care about your feelings".

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/T8BDnu2.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/cWyCGku.mp4

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think of you as a better person now because of this. Thank you.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Thank you for the memes

Also, Ensign Sonya "Spill" Gomez WAS recently seen again, no longer a mere ensign

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Takes No Damage posted:

One of your friends is Smith spelled with a P? Smiph? :raise:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Star Trek: That Guy's Girlfriend

Cassandra Flash finds herself in a strange new world after a dismal dinner date is interrupted by unexpected extraterrestrial visitors. Abruptly abducted by the aliens, Cassandra must use her wits to escape imprisonment aboard their vessel. But it's out of the frying pan, into the fire for our hero as she finds herself in the dangerous labyrinth of 21st century galactic society. Centuries before any Federation, she must truly go where no woman has gone before!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dans Macabre posted:

Perhaps, but I still say "like a glove" out loud every time I park in a tight spot.

Or when I load something big into a vehicle where someone expressed doubt that it would fit.

Ace Ventura is not dogshit, but the central premise is dogshit. The bits are usually quite good. Or him screaming at the sliding glass door.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All righty then!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Say what you want about ace ventura but jim carrey forcing himself out of a small hole in a robotic rhinos rear end is the funniest thing ever put on film

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hihohe posted:

Say what you want about ace ventura but jim carrey forcing himself out of a small hole in a robotic rhinos rear end is the funniest thing ever put on film

I laughed so hard I almost passed out when I saw that at like, age 8.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

My favorite Police Squad joke; I'm surprised it's not more common.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Hihohe posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVB2S5-oOQ

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I have never watched Star Trek and the memes it produces are still consistently enjoyable. It's great.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah same. I'm actually learning about the various characters through these memes

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Go watch DS9, we will wait for you.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Soytrek on IG is a goldmine for Trek memes

E: I cannot stress to you how important it for you to watch DS9 now, literally start now

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

teen witch posted:

E: I cannot stress to you how important it for you to watch DS9 now, literally start now

This.

(It helps if you're at least generally familiar with the Star Trek TNG universe first, but it's also entirely possible to start cold. You'll just have to figure out, say, what the Federation is, on the fly.)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Eh, SNW is much better than DS9.

Edit: Not as many memes tho.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The thing I never got from TNG and only learned later from DS9 memes/nerd talk is how much O'Brien lives a cursed life.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watch tng (skip season 1) then ds9

CainFortea posted:

Edit: Not as many memes tho.

gtfo

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Hihohe posted:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

CainFortea posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Whybird posted:

My favourite Banksy fact is that in 2005 he went to Palestine to do one of his lovely artworks on an Israeli apartheid wall, and his local guide tried to get him killed and other locals told him to gently caress off because they don't want the wall decorated with artwork.

Sound on:
https://i.imgur.com/nfCU9oB.mp4