Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Are you at a lower collection level? If so I'd say don't use it today or tomorrow. Generally you want to wait until you have 4 keys and a week that has multiple cards you need.

That being said starting Tuesday, the new set has two very good cards and one potentially really good card. It might be worth it to spend that key trying to get High Evo, it's a deck defining card.

I was S3 complete and had a few nice S4 and S5s when I stopped playing, just as High Evo was coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/Tobionekinobi/status/1741310718429757714

Is that a Space variant?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Opopanax posted:

Be careful what you wish for, I've burned a lot of gold this month on Hipp variants for cards I'll never use

Well, now another Luchador variant has appeared in my shop (Warpath), so I just spent a chunk of the gold I was trying to save for my Hipp album. C’est La vie. Maybe one day they’ll do a lucha album.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Nope, just regular ink.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

i would like less goblins

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

flatluigi posted:

i would like less goblins

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is it a cosmic rule that gamora avatars are all cocky assholes

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cool I got the Conquest variant for the first time ever. Got to game 4 in infinite and lost which was cool, dunno that I could make it 5 wins for the avatar

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Cool I got the Conquest variant for the first time ever. Got to game 4 in infinite and lost which was cool, dunno that I could make it 5 wins for the avatar

Going the full five for the spiffy avatar is very long odds, even with the best deck and perfect play. If you manage a 65% win rate, which is quite high, you still only have a ~7-8% chance of winning five Conquest matches in a row.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 1, 2024

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Nice, I also got it for the first time this season. I honestly don't think conquest is for me, feels like it goes on forever and my attention starts to drift.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The last day of Conquest is the closest it comes to tolerable. People snap to get the matches over with.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wish. I've been trying to cram in a few last minute ones to clean out the shop and so far I have had zero snap backs in Proving Grounds

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I wish. I've been trying to cram in a few last minute ones to clean out the shop and so far I have had zero snap backs in Proving Grounds

Anyone who fails to snap back in Proving Grounds deserves to have their account deleted. The stakes are zero, just press the button!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR-xYI6cY3M

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

oops all hulk

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Do tickets get covered to anything at the end of the season. I'm sitting on far too many gold that I may auto concede

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Do tickets get covered to anything at the end of the season. I'm sitting on far too many gold that I may auto concede

Boosters.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
The past few days I've been running into people who both don't snap or concede in proving grounds AND retreat whenever it looks like they'll lose.

So it takes like 20 minutes :argh:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Meta is going to be real different once Skaar and Caiera drop tomorrow.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Drowning Rabbit posted:

A very small number of boosters.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tom Smykowski posted:

The past few days I've been running into people who both don't snap or concede in proving grounds AND retreat whenever it looks like they'll lose.

So it takes like 20 minutes :argh:

I had someone snap back in the first match and lost 8 cubes. They went on to play out the next round for some dang reason. I don't know why they would want to win 4 in a row just for a silver ticket. Absolute lunatics out here.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Meta is going to be real different once Skaar and Caiera drop tomorrow.

Is it? The meta is already mostly idiot big-guy decks, and both the upcoming cards slot into those kinds of lists.

loving Jade Idol of Marvel Snap metas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci67Ky5gU2o

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Is the conversion rate better to just use your tickets for the base entry rewards into silver/gold/infinite and then concede? I feel like they are, in most cases.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Is the conversion rate better to just use your tickets for the base entry rewards into silver/gold/infinite and then concede? I feel like they are, in most cases.

Generally yeah, plus then you can help along the people who are actually trying

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
In case you didn’t know, you can start a conquest run, hit the question mark, then choose Forfeit. Faster than going into a match to concede.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Please don't put two of the cards needed for your opponent to destroy your Ebon Blade in your deck

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Devo posted:

It's been outclassed at the upper levels of the meta now, but Destroyer used to be a top tier build around card. You want Prof X, Armor, and Cosmo to protect your own things from being blown up. Notice how those are all ongoing cards? Fill the rest of the deck with other ongoing cards like Ant-Man and Warpath, and then top that part of the deck off with Spectrum. It's been a year+, but this build was tier 1 for a while and is pretty fun to play. You could throw the Rogue in there too to steal other peoples' ongoing effects.

This has gotten me to 5 cubes from Infinite in the non-conquest mode, thank you :shobon:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

ijyt posted:

This has gotten me to 5 cubes from Infinite in the non-conquest mode, thank you :shobon:

Awesome! Sometimes it's good to revisit the old decks to see how they stack up in the new metas or just the lower collection levels.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ongoing Destroyer has never fallen off because none of its key cards have been nerfed, except for Destroyer losing 1 power. It's like Shuri in that respect, except Destroyer is easier to build because it only requires 1 Pool 3 card. And it only gets better as you get stronger ongoing cards, like Ms. Marvel.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Concurred posted:

Please don't put two of the cards needed for your opponent to destroy your Ebon Blade in your deck

It's bad against Loki, but he isn't that common right now, and the fact that decks like this are running Shang and Enchantress is a pretty strong indictment of the meta.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'm pretty sure you should just get the medals instead, if anything, you would only get the conversion for the medals you get from conceding anyway most likely.

canyonero posted:

In case you didn’t know, you can start a conquest run, hit the question mark, then choose Forfeit. Faster than going into a match to concede.

While it's not helping other people, this did save me like 10 minutes, you're a saint.

Got to exactly 1,000 medals which turned into 165 Apocalypse boosters. I skipped the MODOK season pass though so I've always felt like my discard isn't as powerful as it should be.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

It's bad against Loki, but he isn't that common right now, and the fact that decks like this are running Shang and Enchantress is a pretty strong indictment of the meta.

Shangchantress used to be a control staple pair, not surprising it’s come back with the meta decks heavily featuring big power and/or stacked ongoings.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

wow i hate the post-100 matchmaking so much

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Yeah it really sucks. I hover around 20k each season because I hit infinite then gently caress off only logging in to do the bare minimum for daily missions and conquest rewards

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I kinda want the Thor boosters from conquest, if only so that I don't have to play the game for those Thor boosters in the future

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

They “convert” to a small pile of boosters for a card you never use.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

ijyt posted:

wow i hate the post-100 matchmaking so much

Beasteh posted:

Yeah it really sucks. I hover around 20k each season because I hit infinite then gently caress off only logging in to do the bare minimum for daily missions and conquest rewards

The vast majority of people at your CLs aren't making it to infinite. This means you get thrown into the deep end of the pool when it comes to matchmaking. The natural downside of the change to infinite matchmaking a few months ago I guess. I feel for you, but from a purely selfish perspective I'm really glad I don't see bots anymore so I'm glad they made the change.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I mean it's neat that it doesn't really matter points wise, I like that ranked rewards don't need you to keep that rank until the end if the season, and I've seen crazy rear end decks but they all horrify me.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You'll be back in a better place in a few hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I think a Spotlight key should be in the Conquest shop. One per season. :colbert: