Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
having my second coffee of the year, hope you're all well caffeinated today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

perfected my chemex routine with the 5 pours method (I just make em all equal) and it’s nice, I can get a bit more from my grounds

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had coffee today, starting off the year right

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im about to have another one

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

MononcQc posted:

perfected my chemex routine with the 5 pours method (I just make em all equal) and it’s nice, I can get a bit more from my grounds

oh dope, what ratios do you use? i need to use my chemex more (i think i get intimidated by the prospect of cleaning it)

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Shaggar posted:

im about to have another one

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
having some coffee at my in-laws

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
drinking coffee right now

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Shaggar posted:

drinking coffee right now

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

having some coffee-infused tea to use the last few cups up so i can go harder on coffee later.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I haven't had coffee all year, I should fix that

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

psiox posted:

oh dope, what ratios do you use? i need to use my chemex more (i think i get intimidated by the prospect of cleaning it)

everything I’ve seen recommends 1:15 or 1:16, but by toying with ground size I can get good stuff even at 1:18 without a problem. I just make em all equal pours at 45s intervals.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

psiox posted:

i usually just rinse with some hot water after use and every now and then soak it in a cleaner like pbw to get it nice and shiny. i can live with a little coffee residue building up between soaks, because it is pretty annoying to properly clean otherwise

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

big scary monsters posted:

i usually just rinse with some hot water after use and every now and then soak it in a cleaner like pbw to get it nice and shiny. i can live with a little coffee residue building up between soaks, because it is pretty annoying to properly clean otherwise

same. I rinse with extra hot water after a brew, and every once in a while it’s some manual washing with thorough rinsing.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

haveing coffee

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had…office coffee today

weird

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
i love coffee

i had some this morning and am thinking about having some more

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

do we know of any food safe li'l cloth bags? i'd like to pregrind some beanz into little sachets for the office aeropress without throwing away dozens of plastic baggies

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 2, 2024

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Nobody Interesting posted:

do we know of any food safe li'l cloth bags? i'd like to pregrind some beanz into little sachets for the office aeropress without throwing away dozens of plastic baggies

I'd think cloth would make it easy for grounds to escape. Maybe get an airscape container and a hand grinder?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

why not a plastic container

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Cat Face Joe posted:

why not a plastic container

this or a glass jar

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

the idea is to measure out the beans beforehand, and to do the grinding at home. i'd like to stick the measured powder into little bags and press away without measuring and grinding and poo poo. like a drug dealer, but i'm dealing in the drug that is daytime alcohol. and my only customer is myself.

a hand grinder isn't out of the question (i have a hario skerton), but after breaking my wrist+elbow last year it's become MUCH harder to use :(

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Nobody Interesting posted:

the idea is to measure out the beans beforehand, and to do the grinding at home. i'd like to stick the measured powder into little bags and press away without measuring and grinding and poo poo. like a drug dealer, but i'm dealing in the drug that is daytime alcohol. and my only customer is myself.

a hand grinder isn't out of the question (i have a hario skerton), but after breaking my wrist+elbow last year it's become MUCH harder to use :(

just get those little re-usable plastic containers then.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

akadajet posted:

just get those little re-usable plastic containers then.

this is the right answer. or if you can find a spoon in the right size you can just have a single large container of grounds; that's what I did for my office clever dripper.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i just have the shop grind the beans and then pour what seems like the right amount of coffee grounds into the thing. If you wanna make it a chemistry lab thing thats fine but you dont gotta.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

not even a chemistry lab thing, just "i know how much bean makes a good aeropress"

BUT

i guess

eyeballing it is fine isn't it? i'm overthinking it. probably because i haven't had enough coffee today

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

eyeballing is fine

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

but if it makes you happy to have prepackaged coffee carts, by all means fire em up

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
my ninja drip has a scoop that attaches right on the side with a little rubber fob thing. it's pretty nice

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
made a cup of coffee... thinking about another... thoughts ???

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

its never wrong to have another cup op

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Lady Radia posted:

made a cup of coffee... thinking about another... thoughts ???

i say throw caution to the wind and have another!!!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

please do not throw coffee into the wind, that is quite a waste

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

every bean is sacred
every bean is good
if a bean is wasted
yospos gets irate

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
making coffee

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

had 3 cups today

a good day

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
the first rule of brewing coffee is to have fun and be yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Hello bean fiends, friendly reminder:

When you're doing your spring cleaning this year don't forget to deep clean your coffee makers. Get the vinegar out and remove the scale and old coffee films so you can have the most pure brown for the new year :coffee: