Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

dads friend steve posted:

*in an insufferable, flat affect voice* actually it was for academic dishonesty

It's academically dishonest to not call for the death of Israel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

What's Israel?

A miserable pile of secrets

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

looking forward to Israel making the “actually the population of Gaza has been increasing, so what genocide :smuggo:” argument in court

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Clip-On Fedora posted:

A miserable pile of diapers

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kecske posted:

I said it before but bibi will feed every man woman and child he can into moloch's corpse grinder purely to save himself. no amount of lives, even of his own citizens, is too much to spend if it keeps him off the hook for even one more day

alarumklok posted:

let 2024 be the death of israel

Burn Zone posted:

they are absolutely terrified of being officially labeled genocidal, and after reading the whole South African submission to the court – they should be. South Africa brought receipts, and they link it heavily with prior rulings by the court.

reposting the link. I appreciate how they’ve documented this stuff now before historical revisionism takes its toll.

https://www.icj-cij.org/sites/default/files/case-related/192/192-20231228-app-01-00-en.pdf

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

It is actually insane how Israel can just routinely bomb civilian and even government infrastructure in multiple countries on a regular basis and the world basically treats it as normal. They bombed [Damascus a few weeks ago and it didnt result in anybody trying to leash them.

I said come in! posted:

I want peace and justice for Palestinians in 2024, this is all I want. I truly believe this is going to happen. Its very easy to be demoralized and think everything is pointless, but that isn't productive. There are still plenty of ways to support the Palestinians.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

That’s where the secrets go!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

stay safe tall man :ohdear:
Turkey detains 33 on suspicion of spying for Israel

www.turkishminute.com - Tue, 02 Jan 2024 posted:

Turkish police on Tuesday detained 33 people suspected of spying for Israel’s Mossad intelligence service, Agence France-Presse reported, citing Turkish media, without specifying the nationalities of the detainees.

The suspects were rounded up in raids across eight provinces around İstanbul, the private DHA and state-run Anadolu news agencies reported, adding that their mission included conducting abductions and carrying out reconnaissance.

Turkish security services were still looking for 13 more suspects accused of engaging espionage on Israel’s behalf, the reports said.

Relations between Turkey and Israel deteriorated sharply following the outbreak of the Israel-Hamas war.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has turned into one of the world’s harshest critics of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, whom he compared to Adolf Hitler last week.

Erdoğan has recalled Ankara’s ambassador to Tel Aviv and demanded that Israeli commanders and political leaders be put on trial for “war crimes” at the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

The Gaza war ended a gradual improvement in Turkish-Israeli relations, which were effectively frozen for most of the past decade.

## Assassination plans

The detentions took place in the wake of reports about plans by Israel to assassinate Hamas members living outside Palestine.

Erdoğan warned last month that Israel would pay a “heavy price” if it attempts to assassinate members of Hamas living in Turkey.

“If it [Israel] makes such a mistake, they should know that they will pay a heavy price,” Erdoğan warned.

In early December The Wall Street Journal reported that Israel was planning to hunt down Hamas leaders around the world once it moves away from fighting the group in Gaza.

Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu has ordered spy agencies to draw up plans to assassinate the group’s top leaders outside of Gaza, the paper reported, citing Israeli officials.

Ronen Bar, the head of Israeli domestic intelligence agency Shin Bet, also said in a recording broadcast on Israeli state television KAN that Israel is determined to kill Hamas leaders around the world, including in Qatar, Turkey and Lebanon, even if it takes years.

Erdoğan said Israel should keep in mind that such an attempt will have serious consequences, adding that Turkey has an effective intelligence and security network to prevent such an attempt.

Erdoğan frequently meets with Hamas members in public in Turkey and sees them as “liberators” fighting for their land rather than terrorists.

In December 2022, a Turkish court arrested seven out of 44 people who were detained on suspicion of spying on Palestinians in Turkey for Mossad. According to the pro-government Sabah newspaper, this group collected information about Turkish and foreign students and Palestinians living in the country.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The fact that she was "unanimously" supported by the Harvard board and then just resigns a few weeks later is a bit suspect. The board didn't have the guts to openly can her so they just kept her on until the narrative passed a little bit.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Ardennes posted:

The fact that she was "unanimously" supported by the Harvard board and then just resigns a few weeks later is a bit suspect. The board didn't have the guts to openly can her so they just kept her on until the narrative passed a little bit.

Reading between the lines of her resignation letter it is very obvious she was made to resign and is only not making a bigger protest because they've agreed to return her to faculty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of this because a handful of students came out in support of Palestinians. Harvard as far as I know addressed the situation, so I don't know what the problem is unless i'm probably missing something?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

I said come in! posted:

All of this because a handful of students came out in support of Palestinians. Harvard as far as I know addressed the situation, so I don't know what the problem is unless i'm probably missing something?

An example for any other college that allow people that allows people to openly oppose genocide. America isn't becoming a fascist state...because that implies it is event that will only happen in the future.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the board was certainly pressured by donors and alumni to get rid of her

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We've made a failson babysitter step down

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

I said come in! posted:

harvard's zionist backers wanted her to openly and viciously call for the blood of palestinian civilians and students during the congressional hearing. she didn't so she got fired

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My friend brought up the NYT article today. I was able to explain to him the issues with it pretty easily, but it kinda highlights how this sort of propaganda works. Your average well-intentioned person is just inclined to sympathize when topics like rape are brought up, so it muddies the waters. Even if it doesn't cause people to support Israel (like in this case, since there was never any chance of my friend actually supporting Israel regardless), it still prevents people from supporting the only armed resistance against them (which is effectively a sort of neutrality, even if someone still claims to be "opposed to Israel").

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

I said come in! posted:

If you'd followed the reporting (or D&D) you'd know she's actually resigning because of her horrible plagiarism scandal dug up by crack investigative reporter Christopher Rufo.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Now here's something I didn't expect

"American official: Israel is responsible for the assassination in Beirut. The Prime Minister's spokesperson to foreign media: Israel is not taking responsibility"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1742247882130968926?t=3h05WqrWJsrZOv0MEYaUKg&s=19

loving lmao listen to this

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1742263042291769684?t=E609JtojDXGL8Yfc_qwI1Q&s=19

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Israel should airstrike Harvard

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

taking the piss

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
if I did it

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Sancho Banana posted:

"American official: Israel is responsible for the assassination in Beirut. The Prime Minister's spokesperson to foreign media: Israel is not taking responsibility"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1742247882130968926?t=3h05WqrWJsrZOv0MEYaUKg&s=19

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1742263042291769684?t=E609JtojDXGL8Yfc_qwI1Q&s=19

So they waited until the Ford left and now are going to pretend he died from one of those freak bombings that occur in nature?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It was a bomb that floated into Beirut harbor from the Gallipoli campaign.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Halloween Jack posted:

What's Israel?

a nation full of ex-pats who are willing to kill for a vacation home

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
we're all trying to find the guy who did this

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ehh ehh ehh whoever did this doesn't want lebanon to open up a second front in earnest. isra--- ehh ehh ehh whoever did this is quite possibly already grinding their own country to a nub socially and economically simply trying to liquidate a ghetto. whoever did this piss scared that if it is seen as general aggression against lebanon isr-- ehh ehh ehh whoever did this will be destroyed by hezbolla supercommandos

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Dreylad posted:

a nation full of ex-pats who are willing to kill for a vacation home

a miserable pile of seek rents

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Hamulas? Hamas Draculas? why would they put them in charge? seems like it would cause more problems than it solves tbqh.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
"we have no beef with Hezbollah" -- guy who has been in a shooting war with Hezbollah for two months

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i predict that not only did isreal copy the mcmansion designs from the USA, they also copied the building regulations and a bottle rocket from hezbollah is going to make 1000 people homeless

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Nonsense posted:

University Presidents should be generational orators according to the media.
They should be, for how much they get paid

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

UHHH UHHHH UHHHH UHHHHH UHHHH UHHHH

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

You can kinda tell Israel is a pussy rear end bitcu country when they go "we have no qualms with hezbollah' while hezbollah' is taking down air defense batteries and blowing up border cams on the daily....

And also shelling Israeli based

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Maybe... Israel did it? :tinfoil:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

shelling Israeli based

it really is

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sancho Banana posted:

Maybe... Israel did it? :tinfoil:

we can't rule out another rube goldberg hamas rocket scenario until all of the expert osint comes in so uhh ehh ehh maybe hezbollah should take it out on them

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

one weird trick to not be held responsible

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

lol they really don't try very hard. just a country of morons on the dole

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Why the hell are they bothering to deny it anyway, I'm confused

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Sancho Banana posted:

It's gotta be they don't want to heat things up any more than they already are with Lebanon, right?

Their go-to tactic of trying multiple lies at once and letting the audience choose their own adventure.

Either Israel didn't do it, and Lebanon has no cause to escalate, or If I did it, they were so precise targeting that one dude that it shouldn't really count as an attack on Beirut as a whole, so Lebanon has no cause to escalate.

E: they want to rack up a "win" against a Senior Hamas Bamboo Pentagon official to help a "Peace with Honor" domestic narrative as they pack it up in Gaza, but not in a way that costs them anything.

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 21:03 on Jan 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

maybe because that's for consumption by westerners so they don't wanna spook em by saying they're conducting an international assassination campaign? but they usually brag about that kinda stuff. maybe they just love lying