Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gabe getting face cheers when he and Kaito fought during the G1 was great and just shows that he has that natural charisma

There's a reason he's the leader of this current iteration of Bullet Club!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I still have a good chuckle at his G1 match against Tsuji after he manages to overcome the twin magic.

"gently caress you, Tsuji! And gently caress you, Tsuji!"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Geddy Lee

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I want Kidd to poo poo talk Nakajima for a month and then get his head dented.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nietzsche gimmick but you've actually read some so you're pretty optimistic and mostly about taking life on and overcoming challenges.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I haven't seen anyone talking about this but Hammerstone put out a free agency video featuring a CGI clock.

https://twitter.com/alexhammerstone/status/1741700942427558322

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MassRafTer posted:

I haven't seen anyone talking about this but Hammerstone put out a free agency video featuring a CGI clock.

"A Message" in the same way that warning coloration in poison frogs is A Message

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1742199816707289270

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1742213514155217075

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

That Beyond stuff is very funny.

Do their shows still do well? Only time I ever hear about them is people making jokes about their YouTube thumbnails.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

duckdealer posted:

That Beyond stuff is very funny.

Do their shows still do well? Only time I ever hear about them is people making jokes about their YouTube thumbnails.

The crowds looked dire in 2022 and the New Year's Weekend shows were basically a laughing stock in terms of attendance. They were bragging about their weekly 2023 crowds and the NYE shows looked better attended this time, but absolutely no one talks about them.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Can't wait to watch a 3 minute match with Love Doug

But between AEW, TNA, and WWE, there's much less under valued talent floating around in the indies that can sell a card.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nietzsche gimmick but you've actually read some so you're pretty optimistic and mostly about taking life on and overcoming challenges.

Yeah Willow Nightingale is pretty great

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Willow vs Elisabeth Förster-Nietzsche in a manuscripts on a pole match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Maduo posted:

Yeah Willow Nightingale is pretty great

I would love it if they leaned more into her nothing matters so I'm actually free to do whatever I want and enjoy life. It would work great for a heel.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

He looks like the one guy at a metal show trying to impress girls 20 years younger than him with a story about the time he smoked weed with Gene Hoglan.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I’m digging the Steven Segal look personally

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Shard posted:

I would love it if they leaned more into her nothing matters so I'm actually free to do whatever I want and enjoy life. It would work great for a heel.

especially if it meant she’d run back a “nothing matters, smile anyway” long sleeve she had a while back

her gear with the separate top and singlet is so genius. dropping the straps is always a LIT power-up for wrestler. a true “poo poo is about to get real” treat.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

fuckin nihilists dude

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

the escape goat posted:

especially if it meant she’d run back a “nothing matters, smile anyway” long sleeve she had a while back

her gear with the separate top and singlet is so genius. dropping the straps is always a LIT power-up for wrestler. a true “poo poo is about to get real” treat.

:hmmyes:

Looks effortless for willow, she really deserves the (unforch slow) rise up the card she had been getting

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

He looks like the one guy at a metal show trying to impress girls 20 years younger than him with a story about the time he smoked weed with Gene Hoglan.

Yeah he looks like the 40 year old dude in an intro to US politics class who likes to be the “devils advocate”

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
all sound like good slimy heel characters

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Dimebags Brain posted:

loving lolling my rear end off @this post because I DID once smoke weed with Gene Hoglan lmao

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
edit: nah

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 6, 2024

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

stab posted:

loving lolling my rear end off @this post because I DID once smoke weed with Gene Hoglan lmao

I hope he was cool. I hate the idea that Gene Hoglan wasn't cool.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

I hope he was cool. I hate the idea that Gene Hoglan wasn't cool.

He was cool, then a few hours later jumped on stage with SYL and melted my face off with sick blast beats

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

stab posted:

wait does this confirm that STAB is Warhorse?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shard posted:

wait does this confirm that STAB is Brendon Small?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

stab posted:

He was cool, then a few hours later jumped on stage with SYL and melted my face off with sick blast beats

I am so glad I got to see SYL twice. Such an amazing live band.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Drink the bleach

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
It's time to pay the price

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Now, I'm not a cool wrestleman like WARHORSE so maybe this is just me being a loser nerd but generally when I'm quoting someone, I try to avoid misspelling their first and last names.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Certain parts of this of remind me of that guy on TikTok whose whole thing is being the most insufferable anime guy on the planet (just looked it up and he’s itslorlo if my perfect description didn’t help).

https://twitter.com/JPWARHORSE/status/1742574727887986901

But, hey - good on ole Warhorse for making a change and trying something new. He probably could have comfortably been that same version of Warhorse forever, but maybe going in a more serious direction will give him some growth and other opportunities.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DMorbid posted:

Now, I'm not a cool wrestleman like WARHORSE so maybe this is just me being a loser nerd but generally when I'm quoting someone, I try to avoid misspelling their first and last names.

He's even edited the loving post several times and STILL hosed it up.

Man's the Sabu of Twitter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Incredibly cool for $6.

https://twitter.com/A24/status/1742591797077897560

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
AZM is dangerous.
https://twitter.com/azumikan1411/status/1742560625690394748

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Certain parts of this of remind me of that guy on TikTok whose whole thing is being the most insufferable anime guy on the planet (just looked it up and he’s itslorlo if my perfect description didn’t help).

https://twitter.com/JPWARHORSE/status/1742574727887986901

But, hey - good on ole Warhorse for making a change and trying something new. He probably could have comfortably been that same version of Warhorse forever, but maybe going in a more serious direction will give him some growth and other opportunities.

:agreed:

At least he's trying something, and I respect the fact that instead of staying in his comfort-zone as Tesco Value Ultimate Warrior, he's left his comfort zone and is trying to reinvent his character. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then at least he's got something to fall back on, while he thinks of something new.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Yeah honestly it's not the most interesting change in character, but I still dig it more than his previous look.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lol.
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1742671721734324323

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/1742573643673018583