Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Honestly though I am cautious to see a return of the Codyverse and don't want him spoiling the world title year of Joe/Swerve/Hangman/Ospreay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1741962268433084823

Can't wait to see Master Negotiator Paul whiff on Okada too.

Mone coming in, Rosa back, Hayter coming soon, Jesus, maybe this division will finally be watchable.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He was about to offer him a huge contract thrj he remembered he was Japanese

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm just waiting for Yuka.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
People: Tony can't possibly mess up Mercedes, he's spending so much on her.

February reports: Mercedes is fed up with her lack of TV time and incomprehensible booking that she's ready to walk out.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

February reports: Mercedes is fed up with her lack of TV time and incomprehensible booking that she's ready to walk out.

Wrong thread, this is for WWE Mecca

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yuka and Mone coming in, Rosa back, Hayter back, and all the women who have stepped up, oh we're cooking

Fuckin' Cody, man. All I can do at this point is laugh. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me a thousand times. There's no way he's coming back but if he does I hope he goes through a flaming table again because I wasn't watching when he did it the first time

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

She was upset she wasn't valued as highly as Charlotte or Becky, and that hasn't changed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tony did post an Ibushi is All Elite graphic right? Has to be one of the worse signings in awhile since the guy is completely cooked physically

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
ibushi had his brain removed also but as a kid and they never put it back

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Pylons posted:

She was upset she wasn't valued as highly as Charlotte or Becky, and that hasn't changed.

Didn't Becky just lose to Nia? (I only saw what I read in the WWE thread so don't know if there were shenanigans involved)

Ranked lower than someone losing to Nia is a tough pill to swallow

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

On The Internet posted:

Didn't Becky just lose to Nia? (I only saw what I read in the WWE thread so don't know if there were shenanigans involved)

Ranked lower than someone losing to Nia is a tough pill to swallow

It's about money.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1741962268433084823

Can't wait to see Master Negotiator Paul whiff on Okada too.

Mone coming in, Rosa back, Hayter coming soon, Jesus, maybe this division will finally be watchable.

Oh great, I was hoping we'd have another malcontent who wants to go back to WWE one day.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

let her cook

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm still thinking that SRS is getting worked

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm still thinking that SRS is getting worked

he's a massive dumbass so odds are you're correct

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
SRS is a massive dumbass but his reports are pretty reliable (mostly because wrestlers like using him as a mouthpiece)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the e drones are coping today

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Literally couldn’t care less where she goes because I don’t get the hype at all. I must have some kind of Mercedes Moné blind spot.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Mercedes is a legit great wrestler. She really is that good. She also knows how to present herself as a big rear end deal.

But once you put a mic on her, she's very meh. Its crazy how someone with such superstar aura is really generic on the mic, but that's just her.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I feel like outside of what Toni Storm is doing you can interchange the promos for most of the current women's roster. They're all kinda same-y. Outside of Toni I think you've got Willow who stands out and maybe Thunder Rosa but it's been a hot minute since I heard her talk. I think it may be part skill, but also a big part of not having much to say in promos outside of "I'm gonna beat you up". I want to hear more grit, anger, or just passion. I dunno, maybe it's not fair to hold them up to standards set by let's say Mox or Bryan, but you can tell they give a poo poo when they're on the mic.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Willow should be the face of the AEW Women’s division but with Mercedes likely not joining AEW because SRS is getting worked and Sasha will be a surprise for the Rumble I just don’t know if that will happen.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

On The Internet posted:

I feel like outside of what Toni Storm is doing you can interchange the promos for most of the current women's roster. They're all kinda same-y. Outside of Toni I think you've got Willow who stands out and maybe Thunder Rosa but it's been a hot minute since I heard her talk. I think it may be part skill, but also a big part of not having much to say in promos outside of "I'm gonna beat you up". I want to hear more grit, anger, or just passion. I dunno, maybe it's not fair to hold them up to standards set by let's say Mox or Bryan, but you can tell they give a poo poo when they're on the mic.

Mox and Bryan have been around way longer than everyone on the women's roster besides Emi and Riho, so they have more material to draw from. I'd also call Nyla a very good promo when she's given the chance.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's definitely been a hot minute since you've heard her talk if you have vague memories of Rosa being a good promo.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Pylons posted:

It's definitely been a hot minute since you've heard her talk if you have vague memories of Rosa being a good promo.

Just looked up some promo stuff on YouTube and yeah, I definitely stand corrected here.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Big Queefy posted:

Mercedes is a legit great wrestler. She really is that good. She also knows how to present herself as a big rear end deal.

But once you put a mic on her, she's very meh. Its crazy how someone with such superstar aura is really generic on the mic, but that's just her.

Wasn't Bret Hart similar in that regard?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

no bret hart was a great promo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

On The Internet posted:

most people in aew dont give a good promo.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Britt is a great promo, but not as good in the ring as some others.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'd enjoy Britt's promo's more if fewer of them were about how she's the biggest star in the division and her opponents are lucky to even be facing her

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MJF has been quietly removed from the AEW roster page lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

did your weekly telegraph just arrive

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

projecthalaxy posted:

It's a work unless/until he shows up on WWE TV or a PLE. And that ain't happening until after he gets shoulder surgery/heavy rehab.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Merceses owns, shes not a bad promo her voice just sounds like chuckie finster

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

BDawg posted:

Britt is a great promo, but not as good in the ring as some others.

She's a good promo with 1 topic and it's tiresome that she thinks all her challengers are beneath her because she was day 1.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
it's fresh to me cause I can't remember the last time she cut one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
MJF has been signed for a year and a half, don't get lost in the sauce.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Incessant Excess posted:

it's fresh to me cause I can't remember the last time she cut one

She’s an athlete so with all the protein she eats I’d wager she cuts one all the time! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

MJF has been signed for a year and a half, don't get lost in the sauce.

it was a backdated year and a half extension :smug: