Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rhonne posted:

Dominik's brother being John Cena would just raise a whole lot of questions.

They always revise history a bit in the WWE documentaries, maybe that Custody Ladder match got retconned a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

On The Internet posted:

Andrade looking over at Cody thinking it's a good gig

“I have to finish the story”

“Ok. How you know?”

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

That and calling Sting "Mr Stink" ruled. Come back, Andrade!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

JUNGLE BOY posted:

oof, between cody constantly getting short changed, jade not doing anything for 4 months, and lexis king being eliminated from the breakout tournament, it’s time to admit that hgh is fumbling former aew stars

might be wise for anyone thinking of jumping ship to reevaluate

Yes but SLOM

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

as fun as it is to dunk on the codester the 2 main events of wrestlemania weekend both rely on extremely brittle 50 year olds who suck at wrestling. they're going to shove him into one of the matches as some artificially generated daniel bryan bullcrap like someone earlier said. ill go a step further and bet it will be the rock roman match and that cody will even win. this is more interesting than either alternative result and as an added bonus to hhh (who reads this thread) it will stick it to the smarks

if this is not true that means they're going to put the belt on the rock for a while, which is an even better result. the humiliation of cody rhodes sustains but the humiliation of dwayne the rock johnson is a glorious feast.

is cm punk officially in a match with seth or is just building to that?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
If Rock v Roman is the mania match it’ll probably be Cody v Punk at Mania.

Is Mania 2 nights? They may do Rock v Roman night one and Cody v the winner night two. But that kinda takes the wind out of the sails of a Big Rock Mania Match.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
wouldn't it be Punk vs Seth Rollins?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cody is just another dude, and HGH holds grudges

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

This was eight years ago lol

Rock’s entire WWE run was shorter than the time between this and now.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
The hierarchy of power in the WWE universe is about to change

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

yea ok posted:

what else will he say

Thank you Hunter for the poo poo Loads of Money.
P.S. tell Vin Diesel that he’s a giant nerd

Edit: Vin’s a sexpest? Dammit… thought he was just a giant DnD nerd who was the only other person that unironically loved Witchfinder or the Riddick films. I truly love the Riddick films and sad that we will probably never get Riddick chasing Karl Urban in the Underverse. I know I have issues.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 2, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dimebags Brain posted:

Rock’s entire WWE run was shorter than the time between this and now.

what the gently caress

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

explosivo posted:

what the gently caress

SurSer 96-Backlash 03: 2352 days
Royal Rumble 2015 to today: 3264 days

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does Cody get to do dumb insane Nightmare Family stuff or is it just the same aww shucks let me finish my story over and over?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

SurSer 96-Backlash 03: 2352 days
Royal Rumble 2015 to today: 3264 days

Stone cold’s wwf career has a similar span

And it blows my loving mind every single time that stone cold was 34 and rock was 26 at Mania 15

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Invalid Validation posted:

Does Cody get to do dumb insane Nightmare Family stuff or is it just the same aww shucks let me finish my story over and over?

The Lore of the Fiend meets The Ancestor of Stardust

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Stone cold’s wwf career has a similar span

And it blows my loving mind every single time that stone cold was 34 and rock was 26 at Mania 15

Y...you mean "Ol' Stone Cold" is really Old Stone Cold?? :ohdear:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
People acting like The Rock didn't star in Netflix's most watched movie of all time, the beloved "Red Notice" egg movie. I can't go a single day without someone referencing this incredibly memorable and widely watched film from 2021. There must be millions upon millions of fans chomping at the bit for Red Notice II.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tato posted:

People acting like The Rock didn't star in Netflix's most watched movie of all time, the beloved "Red Notice" egg movie. I can't go a single day without someone referencing this incredibly memorable and widely watched film from 2021. There must be millions upon millions of fans chomping at the bit for Red Notice II.

Since someone mentioned this guy in an AEW thread, I caught the first few bits of this video. Haven't had a chance to watch it all yet, but it's extremely relevant to the Rock/Red Notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bscCG7OA

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

For anyone who is a regular watcher, were there any noticeable changes in the show and presentation last night? When a big production person leaves (especially one that it seemed like most people hated), I'm always curious how quickly the company spins around to start undoing their old work or doing new stuff.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1742288592460788155?s=20

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The full story, which he makes people pay for, is that she will be a free agent at some point, not sure when, and WWE thinks they can get her, but maybe they won't. Lmfao.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5rz1cft5w

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yawn Dross Crap chasing X numbers as always

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

For anyone who is a regular watcher, were there any noticeable changes in the show and presentation last night? When a big production person leaves (especially one that it seemed like most people hated), I'm always curious how quickly the company spins around to start undoing their old work or doing new stuff.

He's not gone yet afaik

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

yea ok posted:

The full story, which he makes people pay for, is that she will be a free agent at some point, not sure when, and WWE thinks they can get her, but maybe they won't. Lmfao.

If that answer isn't worth the cost of a Super Chat I don't know what is.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

He looks so resigned about being there. Just wow, he's done so much juice, guy needs to reconnect with his younger self and watch old tapes of his promos to remember what his natural swagger used to be.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

yea ok posted:

Insert hindsight Hulk Hogan from DEADLOCK here.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

how you know?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Kinda blows my mind that Austin and Johnson got so famous for working in such a short time period

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Dango Bango posted:

Since someone mentioned this guy in an AEW thread, I caught the first few bits of this video. Haven't had a chance to watch it all yet, but it's extremely relevant to the Rock/Red Notice.

nice to see no matter how much YouTube "guy talking to camera" evolves, the godawful overlong unfunny skits will never leave

pretty decent video otherwise

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Whoolighams posted:

nice to see no matter how much YouTube "guy talking to camera" evolves, the godawful overlong unfunny skits will never leave

oh buddy if you like godawful overlong unfunny skits nobody on youtube is carrying that flag harder into the modern day than Patrick Willems lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL99zP9skX4

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lmao

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Whoolighams posted:

AVGN set a precedent that will never die. Or did Nostalgia Critic do unfunny skits first? Or MadTV?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

post this very every bad journalism

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Majinfoose posted:

AVGN set a precedent that will never die. Or did Nostalgia Critic do unfunny skits first? Or MadTV?

saturday night live

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dango Bango posted:

an hour long video about red notice? no thanks

I wonder how much Rock is gonna have to dial down his promos to avoid embarrassing Roman the way Cena did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

leave madtv out of this