Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triple sulk posted:

The doomers were right.

We always were :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

We always were :sickos:

:hai:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, win a playoff game and nobody gonna give a poo poo about any of it.

Of course you have to be able to win a playoff game…

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/es3_09/status/1741935431263093015?t=s03Zwr10r5KkbQ6jnghOWA&s=19

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/COOLLANEHERO/status/1741878720741220535?t=CL6DOOmCOYy41nZuWP9z7A&s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't believe my stupid bit about firing sirianni after we lost to the Jets came to fruition. Beware the power of posting....

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

triple sulk posted:

Every report right now indicates that Sirianni and the coaching staff have totally lost the locker room. He's gone. The doomers were right.
My view is, benching/cutting Hurts is incredibly stupid (I guarantee you that there's 20-25 teams who'd trade their starting QB for him straight up no questions asked) and Sirianni shouldn't be fired, as he was pretty drat good last year and just fine this year until the wheels completely fell off.

But Johnson, Desai, and Patricia should already be gone. The offense keeps trying to shove a square box into a round hole by repeatedly ignoring or abandoning the excellent run game to go pass-heavy for no reason, the defense not only refuses to adjust but it's completely stopped doing what worked last year by neglecting any sort of pass rush in order to put all the weight on a secondary that resembles, at best, moldy swiss cheese.

Clean house, start again, this coordinator staff ain't it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/SethWalder/status/1741828804228612100?s=20

https://x.com/RiggosRag/status/1741849031121252642?s=20

Lol:
https://x.com/Xommanders/status/1741875830240719005?s=20

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

CapnAndy posted:

My view is, benching/cutting Hurts is incredibly stupid (I guarantee you that there's 20-25 teams who'd trade their starting QB for him straight up no questions asked) and Sirianni shouldn't be fired, as he was pretty drat good last year and just fine this year until the wheels completely fell off.

But Johnson, Desai, and Patricia should already be gone. The offense keeps trying to shove a square box into a round hole by repeatedly ignoring or abandoning the excellent run game to go pass-heavy for no reason, the defense not only refuses to adjust but it's completely stopped doing what worked last year by neglecting any sort of pass rush in order to put all the weight on a secondary that resembles, at best, moldy swiss cheese.

Clean house, start again, this coordinator staff ain't it.

I'm pretty sure this is where I'm landing. It'd be stupid to walk away from Hurts. It wouldn't necessarily be stupid to walk way from Sirianni, but I think he goes into next year knowing things need to turn around or he's hitting the bricks. The coordinators, though, need to be fired into the sun, and we desperately need to bring in some better defensive personnel.

Obviously the defense is the main focus because, y'know, holy poo poo, but the offense has been the more aggravating thing to watch for me over the past half-season. So many obvious Hurts runs that get squashed immediately (and put a guy who's clearly already hurting in even more danger), so many wide receiver screens that do absolutely nothing, so many opponents demolishing us after halftime adjustments. It's just miserable, and it's a testament to the talent on the offensive side of the ball that they've had the few flashes of brilliance they've had.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Awesome let's check out how some recent WFT draft picks have worked out...

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Chase Young, generational talent. I can’t believe the Giants “blew” that game and let Washington pick him. He’s been terrorizing us for years.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

Awesome let's check out how some recent WFT draft picks have worked out...

Snyder ain’t here no more.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

For real, I can’t emphasize how awful he was on draft day going back to the Mike Shanahan era. I was not completely upset with the Chase Young pick and he’s not a total bust even though he’s definitely not turned out to be pick 2 worthy. Snyder’s real crime that draft was calling down from his yacht in some undisclosed location in Mediterranean Sea cause he’s hiding out from a congressional subpoena and forcing us to take Dwayne Haskins cause he played high school football where his kid went.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Cartoon Man posted:

Snyder ain’t here no more.

Looking forward to years of Hurts/Caleb Williams shootouts

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

(I guarantee you that there's 20-25 teams who'd trade their starting QB for him straight up no questions asked)

I don’t think so Andy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When you propose a trade please consider

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just glancing through the QBs you could probably get Daniel Jones for Hurts .

I don’t see any other likely trades

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Yall really are the worst fans in loving existence. You are batshit.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I would take Hurts for Jones let's make it happen Philly

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Febreeze posted:

I would take Hurts for Jones let's make it happen Philly

With Saquon probably out the door this would be a good way to get a front line running back on the team.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Athletic is reporting “per insider and league sources” that this is the GM candidate list for the Commanders:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
No one is going to hire McClay away from Jerry.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think the eagles would trade hurts for jones

He’s probably the one qb with the worse deal in the league

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

predicto posted:

This is the kind of wild speculation that even euphronius would not make

I'm not sure what you're referring to as wild speculation

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 2, 2024

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

I don’t think the eagles would trade hurts for jones

He’s probably the one qb with the worse deal in the league

Jones' deal isn't bad at all they can cut bait after next year or even at the beginning of the year and not lose too much.

Eagles shouldn't have ever hired Sirianni and they definitely shouldn't stick with him. He's awful. Not just because he's a douche but because he has zero gameplan every week and zero creativity when his RPO doesn't beat up bad teams.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I didn't realize that Hurts has a no trade clause as well. (I'm sure it's been mentioned recently in here, I just went to look up the details on his contract after seeing the 255 million total posted)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Dak Prescott with one game left in the regular season:

• 32 TDs, 8 INT
• 4,237 passing yards
• 104.2 QB rating

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

32 TDs sounded extremely high so I looked it up and he has 2 so.

Be better

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blarzgh posted:

Dak Prescott with zero games left in the regular season:

• 32 TDs, 32 INT
• 4,458 passing yards
• 0.00 QB rating

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They better not sit their starters on Sunday. At least until after completing the first half blowout, they can sit the second half.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I want the Cowboys to lose, not only because gently caress the Cowboys, but because it’s part of the wacky scenarios that can get the Giants the #2 overall pick.

But mainly because gently caress the Cowboys.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Fartknocker, are you saying you want to gently caress a cowboy?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Do you think Jerry kicks the tires on Dalvin Cook after he clears waivers? With Dowdle banged up, it makes sense.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m going to enjoy these playoffs after the Eagles and Cowboys get bounced. There are some really good loving teams this year, it will be fantastic to watch.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m going to enjoy these playoffs after the Eagles and Cowboys get bounced. There are some really good loving teams this year, it will be fantastic to watch.

Really? Feels like at this point it's just Ravens and 49ers and then a bunch of also-rans.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I thought Detroit was looking good, they fake? I also think the Rams could make a push but San Fran is my lock to take it all. The NFC and AFC South are both poo poo shows though. I do enjoy watching Mahomes in the playoffs, even with the refs favortism. Just seems to me that once we get out of the wild card there’s gonna be some good games played.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I had a good laugh from this solid Matt Patricia burn from this article: https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-nick-sirianni-fire-head-coach-coordinators-howie-roseman-cardinals-nfc-east-playoffs-news-analysis/

quote:

It’s a chess match and the Eagles coaching staff looks lost. This isn’t a matter of playing chess versus checkers, rather the NFL is playing chess and Brian Johnson is still reading the directions. Matt Patricia just played the “rules” card.

gently caress that guy

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That is blatant libel.

Patricia would never play a "Rules" card because "don't be a sex pest" is a rule

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
if "don't be a sex pest" was a rule in the nfl i don't think one of its most prolific sex pests would have gotten a quarter of a billion dollars guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toaster Beef posted:

if "don't be a sex pest" was a rule in the nfl i don't think one of its most prolific sex pests would have gotten a quarter of a billion dollars guaranteed

the league would have found a way