Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

wyoak posted:

Kingpin's change might be a decent buff, idk. Maybe fits better lore-wise since there's some crossover with the Spiders and Luke Cage ability-wise. Move needs things like this to splash around with and see if they stick.

The tower change annoys me, Legion into Juggy was a fun combo that won't be nearly as fun now

Magneto/Polaris/Juggernaut/Stegron were fun with KP and/or the tower. I guess they still are, but it seems like a change just to make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Red posted:

What the gently caress? There was literally nothing wrong with Kingpin or his Tower.

https://snap.untapped.gg/en/meta/ca...ame=CurrentMeta

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Red posted:

What the gently caress? There was literally nothing wrong with Kingpin or his Tower.

Kingpin was quite bad so some sort of change was probably advisable, and making him a 2 energy tech card with a reasonable body and game long impact isn't the worst way to do that - it's just that he targets what is currently a weak archetype so it's hard to see his play rate really increasing without a significant meta shift that forthcoming cards don't seem likely to provide

the change to Kingpin's Tower is just unnecessary/bad though, that Juggernaut interaction is like the least significant problem this game has with consistency/readability

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020
I've been warming up to the Kingpin change. It can be another Kraven for the move disruption decks.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AloePieceOfShit posted:

I've been warming up to the Kingpin change. It can be another Kraven for the move disruption decks.

Finally, some tech against all these move decks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sandwolf posted:

Finally, some tech against all these move decks
Would have been more useful a couple of months ago when that one move deck dominated the meta

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020
I don't mean disrupting enemy move decks. I mean using post patch Kingpin as a "2nd Kraven" with cards like Polaris, Spider-man and Aero.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Hela/Lockjaw with Skaar and Gaiera added in seems pretty solid so far

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I tried playing a Thanos Lockjaw deck but I'm really bad at Thanos because I never have any stones in my hand for the first three turns

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Devo posted:

I tried playing a Thanos Lockjaw deck but I'm really bad at Thanos because I never have any stones in my hand for the first three turns
That's just bad draws

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's just bad draws

Pretty sure it's a skill issue and I'm just bad at Thanos

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you draw mind stone turn 1 you should honestly just snap

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I usually draw that one right around turn 6

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's pretty rare that we get two good cards releasing in a month, let alone two on the same day

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Devo posted:

This is me. I love playing Thanos but Thanos *hates* me. I can't count the number of times I've had my fives and sixes in my opener and no stones in sight

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Pulled Caiera in two, getting that dope HE variant on the first. Pretty decent luck pulling spotlights the past couple weeks, hope it can last.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I only have one key, already got HEvo and Nebula. Caiera looks so good but I don't fancy my chances. I'm going to save for WC 24th - I'll have enough keys to get all the cards (Grandmaster, Loki, Hit Monkey) of which I have none.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I envy everyone who doesn't have he and nebula because that's a slam dunk spotlight

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Red posted:

there are upcoming spotlight cards that move your cards... i presume the nerf was so that they can preserve their predatory bullshit gacha lootboxes and not have multiple cards doa as soon as the week(s) rollover.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So is Caiera good enough to pull for? I need Nebula so i was thinking of doing it anyway. Hopefully i dodge the horrible HE variant.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Why can't I buy this :(

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I envy everyone who doesn't have he and nebula because that's a slam dunk spotlight

I have neither so of course got Caiera

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

I think you need to unpin it before it lets you buy it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

CJ posted:

Hopefully i dodge the horrible HE variant.

it was folly to ever suggest there’s no such thing as a wrong opinion

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CJ posted:

So is Caiera good enough to pull for? I need Nebula so i was thinking of doing it anyway. Hopefully i dodge the horrible HE variant.
Yes

She is going to be a strong tech card in a lot of decks, since it protects both 1 and 6 drops

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I got Nebula, Gladiator then Caiera. I think Gladiator is seeing some play now, right?

Nikumatic posted:

it was folly to ever suggest there’s no such thing as a wrong opinion

I don't mind the old comic book art style but that one just looks like a comic cover rather than a character illustration. Managed to dodge it though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Gladiator is in that very tech heavy deck that is going around

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

CJ posted:

Judging from nothing else besides my opinion before even getting her: yes. Armor on every location for all your killmonger-vulnerable 1-drops and your big 6-drops sounds pretty great, I can't imagine her not being useful.

That said, again: just my opinion without having her.

And Nebula is great too. One of those cards that keeps popping up in decks because she's just good, but you already knew that.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Caiera seems neat but I have Nebula and HE, and man I do not like those odds for a tech card.

ijyt posted:

You just got enough tokens, probably through the Token Tuesday offer, right?

It takes a bit of time for the shop to catch up to that, wait a few hours, maybe force-quit and restart.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I play HE deck so i'm hoping i can fit Caiera in there since it's the 1s and 6s who get blown up. Not sure who i drop though. I currently have Shang and Enchantress as techs. Maybe Shang since i can't really afford to play him on 6 a lot of the time anyway.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I think you need to unpin it before it lets you buy it.

that was it, thank you! the ultimate variant i pinned didn't have the same issue so it threw me off

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
patch notes: SD confirmed they're legit (and have given streamers/youtubers permission to comment on them) BUT they're just a draft so they can change slightly

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How did they they even leak?

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Skaar is not the most interesting card. I'm more excited about the patch notes changes than the 2 cards out today.

# (2) Ravonna Renslayer
# (3) Morph
# (3) Gladiator
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Taskmaster
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Skaar
# (6) Magneto
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUmF2b25uYVJlbnNsYXllciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9ycGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdsYWRpYXRvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25NYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybmltWm9sYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnbmV0byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdpZ2FudG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNrYWFyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Few games with this. Just big things, gently caress tech cards. Since we seem to be doing a big things meta now, morph is vip.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

CJ posted:

How did they they even leak?

I think they put them on their website by accident.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, they were on the website for about ten minutes. Someone pushed the publish button early.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Shout out SD for the drops the last two weeks. I've gotten so many super rares it's insane.

I don't think it's some sort of spender status: I haven't pumped any money into the game other than the season pass.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Thanks, Collector's Cache! Reserve!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So how does Skaar work? I assume you have the have the cards down for his discount to kick in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Opopanax posted:

So how does Skaar work? I assume you have the have the cards down for his discount to kick in?

Yep. Cards on board with current power of 10 or more discount him in hand. (Can matter if you, e.g., drop Typhoid Mary and knock your Attuma down to 9, failing to discount Skaar and screwing up your T6 plan...)