Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lokthar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Solefald posted:

what are people thinking about the fallout London mod thing

fallen london, like the sexpest steampunk monkeycheese browser larp game?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

What no
What's Fallen???

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
how did hogwarts legacy win anything

(I know why just, lmao)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The correct finest game on the steam deck is yakuza 0. Dame da ne

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Vampire Survivors

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Based on what my friend told me, the best Steam Deck game is Slay the Spire.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

imo it's Nova Drift

go buy Nova Drift before the steam sale ends, hurry!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

imo it's Nova Drift

go buy Nova Drift before the steam sale ends, hurry!

Already own it!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Peggle is like $0.99

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The Void Rains Upon Her Heart had monopolized my Steam Deck for months. Go help some space monster lesbians find romance.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

NoiseAnnoys posted:

fallen london, like the sexpest steampunk monkeycheese browser larp game?

I haven't played fallen london in years but I did play and enjoy sunless sea and sunless skies the other games by the dev, what's the sexpest bit about?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
one of the big sunless sea/fallen london writers, the cultist simulator guy, was a workplace sexual harassment superstar of some sort. don't remember the details but it wasn't good. he hasn't worked for them for ages though (sunless skies contains nothing of his); iirc that's why he quit and made cultist simulator in the first place.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

He made a good game then

surc
Aug 17, 2004

nrook posted:

one of the big sunless sea/fallen london writers, the cultist simulator guy, was a workplace sexual harassment superstar of some sort. don't remember the details but it wasn't good. he hasn't worked for them for ages though (sunless skies contains nothing of his); iirc that's why he quit and made cultist simulator in the first place.

Oh well that sucks, thanks.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

MarcusSA posted:

He made a good game then

I'm not a big purist on this stuff; obviously it's not super great but I'm not going to throw a game out because one guy who worked on it did terrible things. but it did ruin cultist simulator for me because you're basically playing as a manipulative creepy dude in the first place. it's like watching a woody allen movie about men attracted to teenage girls

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got normie toys for Christmas

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Solefald posted:

What no
What's Fallen???

fallen london is a browser text-based game about a victorian london that was forcibly relocated underground after it was traded to mysterious alien creatures. it was good when I played it but then a bunch of factors in and out of the game (the catastrophic explosion of one of the big storylines and one of the writers throwing a fit about it, followed by that writer being revealed as a sex pest, plus the game getting grindier and less interesting) made me stop and I never really felt the need to go back.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

also other people got to the sexpest stuff first, but yeah, fallen london belongs to the pile of "neat concept" rpgs that i've played over the years that would be awesome if done in a less grindy/dumb way. haven't played skies, but liked sunless sea well enough.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fallen London is some pretty neat stories hidden behind relentless grind with typical browser f2p mechs (stamina bars, etc.). It's worth a try, but I definitely hit a wall after a certain point and stopped caring.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Fallen London is some pretty neat stories hidden behind relentless grind with typical browser f2p mechs (stamina bars, etc.). It's worth a try, but I definitely hit a wall after a certain point and stopped caring.

i keep hopin they go completely free like they did with the silver tree so i can play though the content without having to grind or pay. there was definitely some above average cosmic horror writing sandwiched in between the monkeycheese murder knives and weird forced social stuff.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Sunless Sea was good and just enough of the flavor of Fallen London without having to browser game (ick) roleplay grind (ugh) Victorian steampunk (blearrgh)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Oh yeah, FL's forced social mechanics were/are(?) gaaaaarbaaaage. I'd consider giving it a try again if they removed that stuff, although the time investment for story advancement was still a little unfortunate.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You know what's a better browser game than fallen London?

Neopets.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I feel like I've heard multiple adults talk about Neopets being good now and I don't know what's going on there

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like I've heard multiple adults talk about Neopets being good now and I don't know what's going on there

I have no idea if it's any good since flash stopped existing, but I'm playing Neopets Classic instead.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tendales posted:

The Void Rains Upon Her Heart had monopolized my Steam Deck for months. Go help some space monster lesbians find romance.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Stux posted:

u guys do understnad outside of Online normies like those games lol

I get a huge lol whenever this happens to goons

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Playing the premier harry potter game on a handheld? Gotta be a troll vote

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I thought you guys were talking about fallout London which is pretty cool

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I quit playing Cultist Simulator because the creator was a creep. Totally not because I have no loving idea what's going on when I play it. Absolutely not that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh I thought dude made Amazing Cultivation Simulator.

Never mind then

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i keep hopin they go completely free like they did with the silver tree so i can play though the content without having to grind or pay. there was definitely some above average cosmic horror writing sandwiched in between the monkeycheese murder knives and weird forced social stuff.

I liked the social stuff (sending rats to the rat guy) and not the social stuff (anything you actually needed to advance)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sunless seas is actually a decently fun game, with some pretty good story/writing (some of it is kind of stupid though)

Sunless skies didn't grab me nearly as much, also the concept is kind of dumb (steam trains in space?)

Cultist simulator is cool but incredibly obtuse, and after reading a guide on how some of the systems interact I have to conclude that the creator is not only a sex pest but also an insane person

If you are going to play cultist sim, do yourself a favor and google how to edit save files and keep one that starts you off with a bunch of the starting resources, that early game is always boring as poo poo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Fajita Queen posted:

I have no idea if it's any good since flash stopped existing, but I'm playing Neopets Classic instead.

I think my partner plays this, or some other neopets offshoot fork private server w/e

they explained the concept of petpetpets to me and I became incandescent with rage

Tendales posted:

someday I'll get back to playing this

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Snow Cone Capone posted:

If you want a cool weird anime movie watch Redline

Yeah I watched this on my laptop once while on a train and I feel like I cheated myself by not seeing that on a bigger screen. Its a neato movie, really nicely animated. Some of the characters look gross in a kind of endearing way.

Ending spoiler I feel like they needed another 5 minutes at the very end. I don't remember much about the ending other than it being a big race that might be won...but it just *ends* and I would have liked at least the smallest of aftermaths

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Sunless seas is actually a decently fun game, with some pretty good story/writing (some of it is kind of stupid though)

Sunless skies didn't grab me nearly as much, also the concept is kind of dumb (steam trains in space?)

Cultist simulator is cool but incredibly obtuse, and after reading a guide on how some of the systems interact I have to conclude that the creator is not only a sex pest but also an insane person

If you are going to play cultist sim, do yourself a favor and google how to edit save files and keep one that starts you off with a bunch of the starting resources, that early game is always boring as poo poo

steam trains in space is a great concept. see: night on the galactic railroad, galaxy express 999

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Snow Cone Capone posted:

If you want a cool weird anime movie watch Redline
The theme Redline Day is what inspired Toby Fox's final mix of Undertale's central track Undertale (the previous mix he's shown off was also kind of bad so it did some heavy lifting). I've never seen Redline but Redline Day is an awesome song.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Snow Cone Capone posted:

You might want to try Sunless Skies again, they did a major free overhaul a year or two ago that made some big improvements. The whole setting is silly enough that I didn't really mind handwaving space as being basically the ocean anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

death cob for cutie posted:

how did hogwarts legacy win anything

(I know why just, lmao)

do you remember when kotakuinaction types called jk rowling an evil soy hillary cuck like 7 years ago lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)