Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I get Michael Jai White, Jan-Michael Vincent, and Jai Courtney mixed up all the time.

Just use this helpful mnemonic - the first punches, the second was perptually pissed, the third played Paptain Poomerang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Dylan Mc Dermott and Dermott Mulrooney

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Alan Parsons and Alan Partridge

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I always get Christian IX King of Denmark, the Wends and the Goths, Duke of Schleswig, Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Lauenburg and Oldenburg and Christian X King of Denmark, Iceland, the Wends and the Goths, Duke of Schleswig, Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Lauenburg and Oldenburg mixed up.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Patrick Stewart, Robert Patrick and Stewart Patrick Robertson walk into a bar

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
For the longest time I thought Achewood and Die Antwoord were the same thing.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What did Achewood do to deserve that comparison?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Have too many of the same letters.

I also thought Sleater-Kinney and Letterkenny were the same thing.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

I fink u beefy and I like u a lot

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ok, Eisenstein.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It wasn't until the Netflix revival that I learned Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Legend are three separate films.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

It wasn't until the Netflix revival that I learned Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Legend are three separate films.

Jennifer Connelly and her brother Toby (Collin Farrell) need to go back and gently caress up Tilda Swinton some more.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I was going to make a joke about two of the movies having fantastical landscapes and muppets, but couldn't figure out a way to make it work, and I realized... yeah, the actual look of a lot of scenes in them are kinda similar. I could see how someone could get scenes from the movies mixed up.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Randalor posted:

I was going to make a joke about two of the movies having fantastical landscapes and muppets, but couldn't figure out a way to make it work, and I realized... yeah, the actual look of a lot of scenes in them are kinda similar. I could see how someone could get scenes from the movies mixed up.

Labyrinth and Dark Crystal definitely, Legemd is the odd one out unless you are calling young Tom Cruise a Muppet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think it was more the Tim Curry villain and costume.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm still not fully convinced Tim Curry isn't actually a Muppet.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Add Black Cauldron to the list

For a while that name got confused with Dark Crystal in my mind and I couldn't separate them for some reason

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I spent years of my childhood believing that the fraggles were in the dark crystal universe.

Dunno why but it just seemed to fit I guess.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

TGG posted:

I remember Eminem at some point saying he had never even seen the comic and swore he never would.

I legit thought that was an Eminem comic as well, and my respect for the man for never reading that comic has gone up a great deal. I've never read the comic, have no idea what comic that is from, but holy cow that art is horrible. Everything about that is horrible.

Almost as horrible as Netflix canceling the dark crystal; age of resistance. I can understand why was so expensive, but you tell me they can't just bring that back as an flash cartoon, come on. Yes it would lose some of the amazing quality that the puppets had, but I just want an end to the story that isn't the movie!

Edit: It makes sense. You would think that the fraggles and labyrinth are in the same universe as dark crystal though, because they were all Muppets and some kind of fantastical world.

I remember hating the Disney black cauldron movie, though, I hated that stupid little gergi dog monster, and the entire movie focused on him and the whiny teenage hero. All I cared about was the cute little pig and she only appeared in like 10 minutes of the movie.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 17:53 on Jan 2, 2024

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Randalor posted:

I'm still not fully convinced Tim Curry isn't actually a Muppet.

He is a Muppet; remember Muppet treasure island?

Jeff Lynne is also a muppet

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Armacham posted:

Jeff Lynne is also a muppet

So is Paul Lynde

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Here's a helpful trick: Achewood is pronounced "Achewood", and Die Antwoord is pronounced "Die Antwoord".

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
For me its Laura Linney, Laura Dern, Hellen Hunt and Holly Hunter.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yeah my fantasy orgy is basically Laura Linney, Laura Dern, Hellen Hunt, Holly Hunter, Paul Lynde, Tim Curry, muppets

\/\/ I disagree. Boomers are suspicious as gently caress about their neighbors and that guy was spooky. MY parents would absolutely tell me never ever ever ever talk to that man go near him and definitely don't go into his house if he offers you loving cookies WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU CREDBURN why did you think that was a good idea

credburn has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Jan 3, 2024

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
In Home Alone, they go through effort to show the family going like “none of the neighbours are answering/they’re all on trips!” Etc.

But their immediate next door neighbour, the old man with the shovel, is home the whole time. I know Kevin is scared of him cause of Buzz telling the stories, but surely Kevin’s parents would be like “did you call bill next door?”

He’s not a scary shovel man to their parents he would just be their neighbour.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The idea behind the comics was so good. drat shame about everything else about it.

yeah that poo poo aged like loving milk. Especially hated the part about our hero raping a a list star and killing her in the bathtub. What a great story can't wait to follow this horrible human being

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Clayface-knockoff being made of faeces is the least offensive part of Wanted. Not to wish harm on Mark Millar, but if he lost both hands in a freak ice-cream maker accident, the day would otherwise be bright.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The Clayface-knockoff being made of faeces is the least offensive part of Wanted. Not to wish harm on Mark Millar, but if he lost both hands in a freak ice-cream maker accident, the day would otherwise be bright.

If his accident was trying to get the McDonald's ice cream machine working, then it would be a noble sacrifice.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
Filmmakers: nail guns are not glocks. They do not shoot ballistic flechettes at 3000m/s. They are made to put nails into wood by pressing them directly onto the piece of wood, not by dual wielding them while sliding down a banister like Chow Yun loving Fat.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Filmmakers: nail guns are not glocks. They do not shoot ballistic flechettes at 3000m/s. They are made to put nails into wood by pressing them directly onto the piece of wood, not by dual wielding them while sliding down a banister like Chow Yun loving Fat.

I know this for a fact! I've shot myself in the finger with a (finishing) nail gun through being careless with where I was holding together two pieces of wood. It did almost no damage save two bleeding holes and caused almost no pain. (Fortunately, it went through the fleshy part of my left index finger and did not hit bone.)

Nail guns won't even fire unless they're pressing down on something!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Admiralty Flag posted:

Nail guns won't even fire unless they're pressing down on something!

Are you telling me that the best erotic noir murder mystery of the last 30 years, 1994’s Color of Night starring Bruce Willis and Jane March, was unrealistic?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What the gently caress?

Shard posted:

yeah that poo poo aged like loving milk. Especially hated the part about our hero raping a a list star and killing her in the bathtub. What a great story can't wait to follow this horrible human being

WHAT THE gently caress?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Randalor posted:

What the gently caress?

WHAT THE gently caress?

Wanted (the comic) was basically what if not-DC villains teamed up, took over the world and then rewrote it so that nobody remembered superheroes existed. It also made the villains all edgelord as gently caress so dumb stuff like Clayface being made of poo poo from the most evil men of history.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Wanted (the comic) was basically what if not-DC villains teamed up, took over the world and then rewrote it so that nobody remembered superheroes existed. It also made the villains all edgelord as gently caress so dumb stuff like Clayface being made of poo poo from the most evil men of history.

Stolen from Kevin Smith lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qn48Ce6yQo

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So between Ellis, Ennis, and Millar, I'm left to wonder, what was in the water in the UK when these guys were in their teens? Is all this somehow Thatcher's fault?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Grant Morrison drunkenly tried to enter my hotel room one Comic-Con in San Diego back in the early 2000's. To be fair I believe his actual room was one floor above mine and he just got lost.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Keromaru5 posted:

So between Ellis, Ennis, and Millar, I'm left to wonder, what was in the water in the UK when these guys were in their teens? Is all this somehow Thatcher's fault?

*Reads Lost Girls by Allen Moore*

*Shrieks*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Keromaru5 posted:

Planetary has a whole monologue that's basically 'Yes' to your question.

Pretty sure you can blame video games for this first, and video games do not care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

:):respek::)