Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

*are notoriously cheap assholes to the detriment of the team and fans for decades*

Why is there a perception that we are cheap assholes :qq:

If they're mad about it and this forces them to change, I'm all for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Woozie66 posted:

Is there any source or report for where the aggregator got this?
What with the non-attributed quote that they put in quotes for some reason.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It says "Fox Sports" so I assumed it was a Glazer TV hit, but there's nothing on his account so :shrug:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Not to rehash the referees from the Detroit / Cowboys game again but I remember posting in the thread a lot about how awful fat mike's game management is and that if he had of run the ball like 4 times instead of calling passes that landed incomplete they wouldn't have been in any danger whatsoever for a 2 pt conversion loss.

I know we like to joke about the owners being useless but I'm sure Jerry Jones can recognise this poo poo too and he's been OK with cutting bait on a coach that made the playoffs or has been otherwise successful in the past if he feels like someone else can get him there.

I don't see Rivera being kept, I don't see Sirianni being fired - but I'm going to also have a caveat to that and I think realistically Daboll has shown enough to get another year, though I think it needs to be a successful one for him to see a year 4. It's gotta be McCarthy if he bungles away another game.

Superbowl hangovers can be real and I think it takes a rare group to push through it and contend again the next year which is kinda a testament to how good some coaches and rosters are. If its a case of the eagles have a bunch of guys playing through injury and some of their vets in their 30s have just turned into a pumpkin together at the wrong time, then that's pretty identifiable and it would make sense to keep Sirianni around. If everyone's healthy and they're just not performing and being deployed properly I can see the Eagles maybe considering just how good some of the coaching prospects this year are and how attractive their situation is to lure one of the those guys. It's not really fair to call the Eagles a one trick pony but their offense really doesn't seem to have much of a plan B and they functionally run a very, very basic offense.

I still don't see how they fire Sirianni though but it'll be fun to see how it plays out.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He gave Jason Garrett like 20 years there so if anything, Jerry might be too patient these days

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Benne posted:

He gave Jason Garrett like 20 years there so if anything, Jerry might be too patient these days

Yeah but he's a thousand years old now and he wants that final ring before he kicks the bucket.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Not to rehash the referees from the Detroit / Cowboys game again but I remember posting in the thread a lot about how awful fat mike's game management is and that if he had of run the ball like 4 times instead of calling passes that landed incomplete they wouldn't have been in any danger whatsoever for a 2 pt conversion loss.

I know we like to joke about the owners being useless but I'm sure Jerry Jones can recognise this poo poo too and he's been OK with cutting bait on a coach that made the playoffs or has been otherwise successful in the past if he feels like someone else can get him there.

Fat Mike already did what he did against the Lions earlier in the season against the Seahawks and he barely got away with it then too and learned nothing.

If the Cowboys win this Sunday as expected and have the #2 seed getting to the NFC Championship Game will be the bare minimum for him to stay on, I think. With how good Dallas has been at home this season another Divisional Round or earlier exit will probably be unacceptable to Jerruh, especially since the NFCCG is the earliest they can play the Niners.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Fat Mike already did what he did against the Lions earlier in the season against the Seahawks and he barely got away with it then too and learned nothing.

If the Cowboys win this Sunday as expected and have the #2 seed getting to the NFC Championship Game will be the bare minimum for him to stay on, I think. With how good Dallas has been at home this season another Divisional Round or earlier exit will probably be unacceptable to Jerruh, especially since the NFCCG is the earliest they can play the Niners.

I think you're right - especially in such a weak year. If they get to an NFCCG and lose in a close one, fair enough but if they bottle one against like. Fuckin' new orleans or something you'd have to cut bait.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Billy 5 Aces is going to the eagles. The runes have spoken.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RotoPat/status/1741937286537793957

That's the face of a man who just got told it's NFCCG or bust

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Woozie66 posted:

Is there any source or report for where the aggregator got this?

Think it’s just people putting two and two together and trying to make it a story. He notoriously has a an extension offer from Michigan on the table that prohibits him from the NFL for the next two years which he hasn’t signed, he just hired an NFL focused agent, and also has a history with the Chargers and I guess San Diego as well for what it’s worth.

Plus at this point the quality of life for an NFL head coach seems way better than a college coach

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Why not McCarthy if the Cowboys have another disappointing and/or hilarious playoff loss? There was some talk about Fat Mike earlier in the season (Or maybe after last year?). Pretty sure Jerry’s latest football lust is still Dan Quinn, so I could see him punting McCarthy to promote Quinn to HC.

Josina clearly says unexpected

Daboll's known to be on the hot seat. Rivera's known to be gone. And yeah this is at least year 2 of it being known Jerry's tiring of McCarthy not capitalizing on Dak's window of opportunity for a ring

Sirianni's the one person there wasn't real smoke about. And then he collapsed harder this last month than any of them

(It's why it's unsurprising to me. He wouldn't even be the first SB-appearing collapsing coach Lurie's canned)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

allowing matt patricia to take over DC duties is a fireable offense. not demoting matt patricia after complete defensive collapses lead to a huge losing streak is a fireable offense. hiring the people who committed the fireable offenses and then not firing them is a fireable offense.

in short, relegate the eagles

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The USFL and XFL did just merge

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
So if Michigan wins a natty, is Harbaugh more or less likely to jump back to the NFL?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

So if Michigan wins a natty, is Harbaugh more or less likely to jump back to the NFL?

I'd say it's equally likely either way (if he wins it he's done all he wanted to do in college and can go out as comfortably/on his own terms as he could imagine; if he loses after all this it's humiliating and hard to see him having a better opportunity at winning it all there)

That he's had the Michigan extension offer and refused to sign it because of the no-NFL clause is all you really need to know about how much he values going back at some point

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 2, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I don't want him coaching the Raiders because I think AP has earned a full season but I also don't want him going to San Diego!

VVVVV shame on you

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 2, 2024

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

I don't want him coaching the Raiders because I think AP has earned a full season but I also don't want him going to San Diego!

Well if he went to San Diego he probably wouldn't bother anyone too much at least.

Could eat his steak with a side of milk and maybe bother some kids by throwing footballs at them way too intensely and we'd never have to hear about him again.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Well if he went to San Diego he probably wouldn't bother anyone too much at least.

Could eat his steak with a side of milk and maybe bother some kids by throwing footballs at them way too intensely and we'd never have to hear about him again.

Back to where his coaching career began

But yeah if he doesn’t take the Chargers job he’s probably never going to leave. Young franchise QB and probably gets to pick his own GM.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Adun posted:

Back to where his coaching career began

But yeah if he doesn’t take the Chargers job he’s probably never going to leave. Young franchise QB and probably gets to pick his own GM.

Yeah, but have you considered that he could have that with Carolinahahahaha I can't even finish the thought.

Harbaugh might be the only coaching hire that could get Tepper to back off for a bit, but the Chargers are definitely the better landing spot, especially if Spanos is finally willing to spend some money on coaching

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinji2015 posted:

Harbaugh might be the only coaching hire that could get Tepper to back off for a bit

“Back off for a bit” in this context is code for “Mexican stand off takes them both out by October.”

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

fartknocker posted:

“Back off for a bit” in this context is code for “Mexican stand off takes them both out by October.”

I am more than okay with that

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chris James 2 posted:

Daboll's known to be on the hot seat.

Only by bloodthirsty posters in this thread who took one look at the Giants record and automatically assumed he was in trouble

Daboll would actually be a surprise, especially over the second half of the season when the team won some games and got hype around Cutlets. There's been no heat from Mara about him and no reporters have talked about Daboll being in trouble. Daboll won't be under any real heat until next season

However there was the Jay Glazer report that Daboll and Wink had issues and Wink leaving might be the surprise

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 2, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Chris James 2 posted:

Daboll's known to be on the hot seat. Rivera's known to be gone. And yeah this is at least year 2 of it being known Jerry's tiring of McCarthy not capitalizing on Dak's window of opportunity for a ring

Sirianni's the one person there wasn't real smoke about. And then he collapsed harder this last month than any of them

(It's why it's unsurprising to me. He wouldn't even be the first SB-appearing collapsing coach Lurie's canned)

Daboll is on billion% not on the hotseat lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

If Fat Mike fucks up and loses in the playoffs with yet another bad clock management fiasco or imploding 2 minute drill defense, he’s getting canned imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

If Fat Mike fucks up and loses in the playoffs with yet another bad clock management fiasco or imploding 2 minute drill defense, he’s getting canned imo

I think it happens regardless if they don't at least make the NFCCG

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fat Mike is a lock to get fired when the Cowboys are blown out by the Niners for the 5th time in a row

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Fat Mike is a lock to get fired when the Cowboys are blown out by the Niners for the 5th time in a row

I don't think he'd get fired off of a NFC Championship game loss.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I think it happens regardless if they don't at least make the NFCCG

Agreed

mcmagic posted:

I don't think he'd get fired off of a NFC Championship game loss.

Same, unless he loses in a painfully Fat Mike way (play calling blunder, clock mismanagement, etc)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zeke isnt there to play Center so I wonder what he will cook up this year.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Zeke isnt there to play Center so I wonder what he will cook up this year.

Dak plays center

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Dak plays center

McCarthy Galaxy Brain Take: "Well, if Dak has the ball sooner he can get it out faster! It's genius!"

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

McCarthy Galaxy Brain Take: "Well, if Dak has the ball sooner he can get it out faster! It's genius!"

Tired: converting Black players from quarterback to a skill position
Wired: converting Black players from quarterback of Offensive Line

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Agreeing with the above that Dallas is getting to the NFCCG this year and there's no way Fat Mike's gone after this season unless he blows that game in truly spectacular and embarrassing fashion. And even granting that kind of loss, it's hard to envision him gone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status/1742661277627892109

Why would he want that job?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If he really wants to be in charge of a rebuild sure I guess.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Dan Cambell actually wanted to take over the Lions because he wanted to bring them to relevance.

I'd say Harbaugh is off the same stuff.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

The more appropriate question imo is "Why would he want people to believe he's interested in that job?".

Harbaugh's putting the screws to Spanos (and anyone else vying for his services) in early negotiations imo.

"Aw poo poo, it's Mark Davis, he's totally ready to offer Jim $120M/8yr & additional authority over personnel."

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Hizawk posted:

Dan Cambell actually wanted to take over the Lions because he wanted to bring them to relevance.

I'd say Harbaugh is off the same stuff.

Weren't there rumors of him wanting out of SF and to be traded to Cleveland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A ton of New England adjacent media people are really trying to get vrabel out of Tennessee. I’m not sure that’s gonna happen. Leaving that aside he’ll definitely have a hot seat next season IMO