Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

tadashi posted:

Conversely, I don't think the fact that Harden is not a pain in the rear end for the Clippers is being celebrated enough...
I mean, it's getting a lot of press but I am beyond shocked.

Harden usually has a honeymoon period on new teams. But you are right, they weathered the initial 5 game losing streak and found their balance. We'll see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I didn't watch the game, but the Pacers-Bucks box score is wild. Indiana was 5 for 35 from 3, Andrew Nembhard was -21 in 8 minutes & 2 other starters were -20, and they won?

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I didn't watch the game, but the Pacers-Bucks box score is wild. Indiana was 5 for 35 from 3, Andrew Nembhard was -21 in 8 minutes & 2 other starters were -20, and they won?

yeah the bench went off - in particular TJ McConnell had one of those games where all his antics played out perfectly. That and they actually played halfway decent defense for once

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Keep his rear end there
https://x.com/chicagobulls/status/1741894621733548224?s=20

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I hope he treats the guys to Culver's outside the Sears Centre after games. Concrete Mixer describes LaVine's speed and intensity on D after all

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RandomHodge posted:

yeah the bench went off - in particular TJ McConnell had one of those games where all his antics played out perfectly. That and they actually played halfway decent defense for once

https://x.com/C2_Cooper/status/1742205672006033508?s=20

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I find it somewhat funny that Schröder‘s name hasn’t come up in any of the pieces I’ve read about the trade. He’s, like, a complete ghost when people talk about the Raptors going forward. Which makes sense given his age, but still. I really liked him on the Lakers. Too bad that had to end.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jack's Flow posted:

I find it somewhat funny that Schröder‘s name hasn’t come up in any of the pieces I’ve read about the trade. He’s, like, a complete ghost when people talk about the Raptors going forward. Which makes sense given his age, but still. I really liked him on the Lakers. Too bad that had to end.

They also JUST signed him, I think it means they can't deal him for a while

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Andrew Nembhard was -21 in 8 minutes
Any time I see a stat like this this I visualize a player just sprinting around trying to trip as many of his teammates as possible without being noticed

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They also JUST signed him, I think it means they can't deal him for a while

He should be eligible now. The no-trade for FAs just goes til Dec. 15 unless it's an extension or using Bird rights.

Schroder has been exactly as advertised, a solid dude to hold down the fort while they figure out if they want to go full point Scottie or if they need to find a long term solution. Unless someone comes with a good offer for him, or if he wants out, I can see sticking with him because you need some capable veterans to keep from going full tank to the point where it hurts player development of the guys you already have.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Package schroeder with siakam and send him to atlanta to be back where he started. Toronto can keep waiting out for a good deal on Siakam til he becomes a free agent, or tyey can accept aj griffin, dj murray, and some hotwings like god intended

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Shroder looked good during the first month of the season but hasn't been great at distributing or running the offense. Maybe that's not his fault, but he seems better as a driving scorer than someone who can Floor General. I'm hopeful though that Quickley and him can play a bit together and he can find a rhythm with his shot.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

quote:

"I guess it's a little bit embarrassing, but not too embarrassing to where I can't talk about it," he said. "I don't drink a lot during the season. I probably had a little bit too much eggnog. I was kind of roughhousing with my dog, and I think my dog got a little excited and just basically chomped down. Gave me a bite. And I was basically wrestling him off of me, and then he bit my hand.”

"For lack of better words, I was (messing) around with my dog, and when you (mess) around, you find out."

"He's a good boy. He's a good dog," Gordon said. "… Very attached. Very sweet. Very strong. Great dog."
Battered owner

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

temple posted:

Battered owner

to be fair the dog was definitely very attached

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Package schroeder with siakam and send him to atlanta to be back where he started. Toronto can keep waiting out for a good deal on Siakam til he becomes a free agent, or tyey can accept aj griffin, dj murray, and some hotwings like god intended

Or Toronto can sign the first star they’ve had who wants to stay* to an extension because he sure as poo poo isn’t making All NBA this year, so then it’ll be cheap

* Demar excepted

Like at this point I don’t see what the hold up is unless there’s something I’m missing in the CBA?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Naz Reid.

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1741459620151820416

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Isentropy posted:

Or Toronto can sign the first star they’ve had who wants to stay* to an extension because he sure as poo poo isn’t making All NBA this year, so then it’ll be cheap

* Demar excepted

Like at this point I don’t see what the hold up is unless there’s something I’m missing in the CBA?

Timeline/age

Going the re-sign route will surely end up in a Blake Griffin/LAC scenario, right down to the inevitable trade to Detroit

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

temple posted:

Battered owner

time to put down aaron gordon

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

tadashi posted:

Conversely, I don't think the fact that Harden is not a pain in the rear end for the Clippers is being celebrated enough...
I mean, it's getting a lot of press but I am beyond shocked.

harden was not a huge "make waves" guy before requesting out of houston; he then ended up in brooklyn (two other stars constantly hurt/vaccine dodging) and then philly (world's most supportive fanbase and stable ownership/mgmt consortium)

he's in the situation he wants to be in (ring chasing with stars) so i'm not really surprised he isn't being an rear end in a top hat

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Declan MacManus posted:

harden was not a huge "make waves" guy before requesting out of houston; he then ended up in brooklyn (two other stars constantly hurt/vaccine dodging) and then philly (world's most supportive fanbase and stable ownership/mgmt consortium)

he's in the situation he wants to be in (ring chasing with stars) so i'm not really surprised he isn't being an rear end in a top hat

Also the playoffs haven’t happened yet which is usually the sticking point

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Declan MacManus posted:

He did famously have issues with Kevin McHale and Chris Paul in Houston. The organization just sided with him in those situations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

kevin mchale and chris paul are assholes though i'd side with him too

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
At least in the book about the Thunder at least one of the reasons given for Presti blowing things up the way he did, is he specifically worried about the level of problem that Harden potentially could be.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Why is thunder Celtics not nationally broadcast tonight

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Rick posted:

At least in the book about the Thunder at least one of the reasons given for Presti blowing things up the way he did, is he specifically worried about the level of problem that Harden potentially could be.

there's enough information that has been raised to debunk my point but i'm still considering tripling down on it anyways out of sheer stubbornness

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Managed to catch him during the 10 minutes of snow we had all winter

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Declan MacManus posted:

there's enough information that has been raised to debunk my point but i'm still considering tripling down on it anyways out of sheer stubbornness

I respect that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Is there a way to see margins of victory on particular days? In my experience the most blowouts of the season are two weeks following the Christmas game but I can't think of a good way to prove this.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

Declan MacManus posted:

kevin mchale and chris paul are assholes though i'd side with him too
:hai:

also he helped bring to life one of my favorite Ginobili plays of all time (and theres so many) so, much love

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Metapod posted:

OG played 35 minutes and fouled out with 4 minutes remaining in his debut with the knicks

Good luck og you'll need it

He was also +19 and they beat a good team. He was good.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I believe it’s referring to the absurd minute load OG is gonna bear

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Shai Gilgeous Alexander

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
East has trouble with boston???

mcmagic posted:

It was a comment on the grind his knees is going to face

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Thunder are scary and are going to be very good for a long time. I feel like they already have a championship contender team/trajectory and don't need the hoard of draftpicks, like me looking at my stock of megalixers at the end of a final fantasy game.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Thunder are scary and are going to be very good for a long time. I feel like they already have a championship contender team/trajectory and don't need the hoard of draftpicks, like me looking at my stock of megalixers at the end of a final fantasy game.

I never used any tabs until the last fight in Chrono Trigger

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Do we think they will actually go for Markannen? Seems like he would be a good fit, and they could throw in a silly amount of picks to make Ange happy. Wouldnt it be better to do that trade sooner farther than later, to get the reps in?

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

If they can swing Lauri for Davis Bertans and like 6 first rounders, how unstoppable are they?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

They... Might not need to make a superstar trade? Like even if Giddeys legal stuff clears up he might not be in the long term plans so I guess move him for players and picks but boy they are playing really well right now and every piece is starting to fit together.

It would be very funny if presti set out to acquire all these picks to get as many bites at the apple possible and got everything he needed to have a contender not even halfway through using those picks. What a fun time

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They probably don't need a star trade but if they can turn Bertans into a rotation player via picks they definitely should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Chucktesla posted:

They... Might not need to make a superstar trade? Like even if Giddeys legal stuff clears up he might not be in the long term plans so I guess move him for players and picks but boy they are playing really well right now and every piece is starting to fit together.

It would be very funny if presti set out to acquire all these picks to get as many bites at the apple possible and got everything he needed to have a contender not even halfway through using those picks. What a fun time

No-one is trading picks for Giddy right now, even aside from his legal situation. He has been a net negative player so far in the league and seems to have actually regressed in the last 12 months.

He's a good option to throw in a trade as matching salary to a team who thinks there's still something there, but Giddy isn't going to be the centrepiece for any move.